Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Looking for a factory 968 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 04:09 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Come see us sometime, we have our race shop in Keystone Heights, FL. The service manager from AllPro Imports (Gainesville's Porsche BMW dealer) is our head mechanic. We have several cars that race out of that shop from my cars, to a very strong 944 S, 914 GT car and a couple of cars that are down from Jacksonville from time to time.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:55 PM
grants_968
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by clubrcr
Come see us sometime, we have our race shop in Keystone Heights, FL. The service manager from AllPro Imports (Gainesville's Porsche BMW dealer) is our head mechanic. We have several cars that race out of that shop from my cars, to a very strong 944 S, 914 GT car and a couple of cars that are down from Jacksonville from time to time.
Will do. I had no idea Keystone Heights had such exotic businesses.

I get my 968 back in about two months.

I believe there are only two 968 in Gainesville. The other is a black cab owned by a friend of mine.

Photo of me (yellow shirt) at PCA site looking at my mechanic's concour 951 at Octoberfest at Brumos last Oct
http://www.pcafcr.org/oktoberfest/20...s/DSCN1152.JPG
Old 12-28-2003, 05:50 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Isn't that Jason Lee's 951? I know Jason ansd his partner Jason well.

We have a shop in Keystone and kind of have a race team called "Open Air Motorsports". Myself, George Allen and Thom Portz have been racing PCA, HSR and SCCA for a while now. To keep cost to a point that keeps me from getting a divorce, I do alot of the work at the Keystone address with the help of the others.

The motto is "we are only here form the beer", but all of us have been very competitive against the big budget boys and have racked up several podium finishes during the last few years. I guess the motto needs to be "It's not how much money you have, but it's how bad you want it!"
Old 12-28-2003, 05:52 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

What a small world, on second look at that picture, that is me, my wife and my son Colby on the other side of Jimmy Lee's Cayenne.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:35 PM
grants_968
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by clubrcr
Isn't that Jason Lee's 951? I know Jason ansd his partner Jason well.

We have a shop in Keystone and kind of have a race team called "Open Air Motorsports". Myself, George Allen and Thom Portz have been racing PCA, HSR and SCCA for a while now. To keep cost to a point that keeps me from getting a divorce, I do alot of the work at the Keystone address with the help of the others.

The motto is "we are only here form the beer", but all of us have been very competitive against the big budget boys and have racked up several podium finishes during the last few years. I guess the motto needs to be "It's not how much money you have, but it's how bad you want it!"
Jason is da man. Known him since he was a student at UF and wanted to add my 968 to his collection. If you have not seen Jason's new place, it is well worth the vist. He has all the toys needed for a full engine restoration.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:50 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

I've heard he has an impressive place.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:51 AM
kablouie
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

What a small world it is - I used to be neighbors with Jason back in college. He's the one that got me started with Porsches when I was still tinkering around with VW's. I'm now on my third Porsche.

You can check out his website at: http://heritagemotorcar.com/
Old 01-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

They are neat cars Jim. I've had mine up at Texas World Speedway a month ago and it was a hoot. Definitely quicker than my 951. It was a wet cold weekend so no impressive lap times but the potential is definitely there. This is the first factory built racecar I've ever owned and I must say that Porsche is good at what they do!

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 01-06-2004, 08:58 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Jason:

I was happy to hear that you got the car. It looks wonderful in the pictures. I hope you bring it to the Rennsport Reunion. I have owned four factory cars, all of them seemed to be very well built and wonderful to drive. I hope you enjoy yur car for a long time!
Old 01-07-2004, 11:28 PM
Phil Harrison
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

What beautiful cars these are...

Quick Reply: Looking for a factory 968 Turbo S