Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Looking at a '94 968 --PPI results in

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 08:03 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 154 Posts

Congrats man, ....Glad the dealer quotes for mechanical work didn't deter you, you need to goto an indy for service, never the dealership, dealership is good for in warranty cars thats about it!@
Old 09-28-2017, 09:09 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Congrats man, ....Glad the dealer quotes for mechanical work didn't deter you, you need to goto an indy for service, never the dealership, dealership is good for in warranty cars thats about it!@
Hah. It's wasn't only the dealer that quoted that, but also an indy shop I take my 924S to, and have been going to for years.

Glad I found another quote though. It might have deterred me if I hadn't.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:35 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes! Congrats!!
Old 09-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

That dealer did you a favor buying that car at auction lol..968 dont' do good at auction because dealers dont really know much about them "yet" you couldn't get this car on the street for what you paid at all rite now! Bravo
Old 09-29-2017, 02:45 AM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

That dealer did you a favor buying that car at auction lol..968 dont' do good at auction because dealers dont really know much about them "yet" you couldn't get this car on the street for what you paid at all rite now! Bravo
Yeah, they did. The dealer they bought it from wanted.. $11,500 as I recall..
Old 10-04-2017, 03:19 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WolfeMacleod
Yeah, they did. The dealer they bought it from wanted.. $11,500 as I recall..
Wolfe how is the car so far? you should post some new nice pics now that you own it and make a new thread- i just bought one in white as well, but paid over double what you paid..man you got a deal
Old 10-06-2017, 04:07 AM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Wolfe how is the car so far? you should post some new nice pics now that you own it and make a new thread- i just bought one in white as well, but paid over double what you paid..man you got a deal
Right now it's parked until I get the WP, belts, and seals replaced, which will come soon. I'm putting some $$ into my 924S to get it back on the road after a 6 year hibernation....New ties went on yesterday, new windshield goes in late next weekish, then it's ready to roll.

So right now, I'm just working on the little things, like trying to figure out why the factory CD changer doesn't work...or the third brake light (any tips?) or fixing the rear defrost, who's wire to the left hatch struck has snapped. Turns out, I can pull enough length out of the hole to re-crimp it to the plug. Was happy to find that...
I managed to maybe fix the seat bottom adjuster. I can now get the front side of the seat to raise and lower, but I really need the rear side to go down a bit... doesn't move, but the motor clicks.
General seal conditioning.
Might to a reseal kit on the power steering pump while it's waiting, and lubricate the seat rails.

The warning light on the dash between the speedo and tach is on, but no indication why.

Found a couple very shallow dents in the passenger side front fender...never would have noticed, had a shadow not hit it just right and distorted itself. PDR should do it. Hopefully without having to drill through the wheel well lining.

I did manage to find the first owner, sent a message via the Bookface. No reply yet.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:03 AM
thomasmryan
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts

you might throw an oil housing seal into your parts order. easy access with a front end service. there are also a couple seals for the oil lines where they mount to the housing.

the addition parts are relatively inexpensive but you will need the alignment tool. there is a fabricated heat shield that fatigues at the spot welds and bends tucked up in behind the oil housing.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Right now it's parked until I get the WP, belts, and seals replaced, which will come soon. I'm putting some $$ into my 924S to get it back on the road after a 6 year hibernation....New ties went on yesterday, new windshield goes in late next weekish, then it's ready to roll.

So right now, I'm just working on the little things, like trying to figure out why the factory CD changer doesn't work...or the third brake light (any tips?) or fixing the rear defrost, who's wire to the left hatch struck has snapped. Turns out, I can pull enough length out of the hole to re-crimp it to the plug. Was happy to find that....

Well, sounds like all little stuff, and you bought the car at such a good price that you can spend a few grand freshening it up and not feel bad about it!

i'm still waiting on mine, was supposed to get shipped to me yesterday but the transport truck supposedly broke down so had to find another transporter..should be getting picked up today and arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed
Old 10-06-2017, 05:40 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

My PO has been located.

Very happy to hear from me.
We spoke about maintenance, the things that were wrong with the car, how long he's owned it, the adjustable shocks he put on, the water pump, dash warning light, etc. He'll get his mechanic to release service records to me. We'll meet up when he returns from a trip.

He traded it in for a jeep.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

My PO has been located.

Very happy to hear from me.
We spoke about maintenance, the things that were wrong with the car, how long he's owned it, the adjustable shocks he put on, the water pump, dash warning light, etc. He'll get his mechanic to release service records to me. We'll meet up when he returns from a trip.

He traded it in for a jeep.
Nice investigative work!
Old 10-07-2017, 05:25 PM
dkdm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks familiar......
Congrates on your purchase!

Quick Reply: Looking at a '94 968 --PPI results in