Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Thoughts on 1994 968 Black/Red

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 06:18 PM
1999Aero911
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I am being very careful with my words here because I ran into a situation on rennlist when I was trying to sell my 996 and people stated completely false, inaccurate information about the car in the 996 forums and I believe it caused it not to sell for the price it was worth.

A PPI is a great idea if you trust the place doing it.

You stated that you plan on driving it a few months then selling it. My personal opinion is that this is not a car to buy to flip. It seems like others have tried based on it's history to varied results.

In my opinion a S/C car will be harder to sell. So will a car with a custom interior. If you find the right buyer I would assume you can fetch a premium for these items, but the modified 968 market is very small, and most of those cars are full on track cars built for a purpose.

Prices in general on these cars are all over the place. Like 5k to 30k all over the place. Stock, sub 100k 6 speed coupes are worth the most, with rare options like LSD, Sport seats and the M030 suspension package commanding a premium. Color can play a factor into the price also. Cabriolets and Tiptronic cars are worth less in general.

What is this 968 worth? 5 different people on here will give you 5 different answers. I can tell you I have seen it listed for between 12k and 20k since the interior and S/C were installed.

I personally have inquired on 3 or 4 different supercharged 968s over the past few years. 3 of the 4 were asking above "normal" value but still well below their total cost in the car. The 4th was asking "normal" value but the car had 190k on it which was too much of a gamble.

Have you driven a S/C 968? It is NOT what you expect if you are used to the "knock you back in the seat" superchargers that most cars have. It is VERY linear. If you didn't hear the whine you wouldn't notice it was there, until you look down and you are going 100 instead of 60 on the freeway. You don't "feel" it at all. If I remember right the base S/C kit only adds like 40-50hp on a 230hp car. I am not sure if the black car in question has the "Stage 2" or "Stage 3" upgrades for around 15 and 25 more HP.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:27 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999Aero911
I am being very careful with my words here because I ran into a situation on rennlist when I was trying to sell my 996 and people stated completely false, inaccurate information about the car in the 996 forums and I believe it caused it not to sell for the price it was worth.

A PPI is a great idea if you trust the place doing it.

You stated that you plan on driving it a few months then selling it. My personal opinion is that this is not a car to buy to flip. It seems like others have tried based on it's history to varied results.

In my opinion a S/C car will be harder to sell. So will a car with a custom interior. If you find the right buyer I would assume you can fetch a premium for these items, but the modified 968 market is very small, and most of those cars are full on track cars built for a purpose.

Prices in general on these cars are all over the place. Like 5k to 30k all over the place. Stock, sub 100k 6 speed coupes are worth the most, with rare options like LSD, Sport seats and the M030 suspension package commanding a premium. Color can play a factor into the price also. Cabriolets and Tiptronic cars are worth less in general.

What is this 968 worth? 5 different people on here will give you 5 different answers. I can tell you I have seen it listed for between 12k and 20k since the interior and S/C were installed.

I personally have inquired on 3 or 4 different supercharged 968s over the past few years. 3 of the 4 were asking above "normal" value but still well below their total cost in the car. The 4th was asking "normal" value but the car had 190k on it which was too much of a gamble.

Have you driven a S/C 968? It is NOT what you expect if you are used to the "knock you back in the seat" superchargers that most cars have. It is VERY linear. If you didn't hear the whine you wouldn't notice it was there, until you look down and you are going 100 instead of 60 on the freeway. You don't "feel" it at all. If I remember right the base S/C kit only adds like 40-50hp on a 230hp car. I am not sure if the black car in question has the "Stage 2" or "Stage 3" upgrades for around 15 and 25 more HP.

really appreciate your advice, i just told the seller i'll pass on it. I am not a super charger or turbo fan to begin with, would rather have the original experience.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:16 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 118 Posts

Good luck with the search, I'm sure you'll find the right one for you eventually. In the meantime, be sure to check out the registry site to learn more about these great cars:

http://968register.org/'
Old 09-28-2017, 02:23 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want the Moda wheels.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on 1994 968 Black/Red