Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Street value of a 1995 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 08:41 PM
shelby987
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I am hoping not all of the watchers are rennlist users that are trying to get the blue book of their low mileage cab. BaT auctions seem more logical as if someone bids at the last min. the auction extends another couple of mins. every time someone bids....I like the BaT setup more, but I have watched the 968 auctions on there for the last couple of years, and they don't seem to grab the same number of eyes as ebay does just yet. I think ebay likes the last min. bid snipers as it encourages more irrational bidding for some rare items
Wish me luck!
Old 09-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

Shelby-

Hard to believe that there was only 1 bid. I almost considered putting a snip in of just over $12K, looks to be a nice car, and for the price, a really nice car with A LOT of maintenance just completed.

Best of luck with the sale, I bet the next owner is going to love it! I love Polar Silver, and the two tone interior looks awesome on the car.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:39 AM
shelby987
Intermediate

Buyer contacted me after the close of auction to say he would be submitting a cancel bid request, claims he didn't read the description when he bid 5 days ago.....I guess you don't bother with stuff like that until just before the auction closes.

I won't be using ebay again, I can't believe how easily ebay lets buyers wriggle out of a financial obligation like bidding on a vehicle. It has degraded to a mix of craigslist and amazon with the illusion of financial protection for buyers and sellers alike.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:41 AM
az968gpw
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

How can fleabay let a buyer off the hook like that? What in there sellers agreement let's a winning bidder back out? I've bid on several cars on fleabay and the seller had some pretty strong wording that you win it, you bought it.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:31 PM
shelby987
Intermediate

I am pretty sure it is by design, they still get listing fees out of the seller, even when there is a deadbeat bidder. Buyers have zero skin in the game (unlike BaT, where they are instantly charged 5% of selling price).

Perhaps the buyer/seller agreement reads as if it is contractually binding, but how would one go about enforcing it, when in actuality, both parties are essentially anonymous until the financial transaction occurs.

Now that I have filed a case with ebay, I got some of my fees back, but I can't even leave feedback to let potential other buyers/sellers who would do business with this guy know that he is a sleaze. FYI, this deadbeat bidder has a 944 posted on fleabay in IL....so spread the word, very unscrupulous seller on the loose!

Last edited by shelby987; 09-13-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Street value of a 1995 Cab