Getting Manifold Pressure for my EBC

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 03:16 AM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by KeithC2Turto
S,

I think I see where your EZ is plumbed to . It looks like it is into the left side of the manifold. (My WG is hooked to it presently.)

K
Yes sounds like we are talking about the same place, if the vac limiter is connected to the top of the manifold, this pipe is one the left side of the manifold.

Getting late for a meeting, I have some thoughts about where to relocate the overboost switch but that has to wait for later.

Staffan
Old 11-07-2003, 03:24 AM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

One more thing.
I have no clue really, but I think you should look into having the acctuator connected to the IC. When comparing my stock boost gauge with the pressure measured on the manifold. Pressure builds earlier in IC I think.

Just a thought, got to run
Old 11-08-2003, 12:46 PM
KeithC2Turto
Pro

S,

All re-plumbed now!

My Actuater is mounted just behind the left end of the IC.

The Actuator "IN" or supply I "tee'd" into the line out of the Intercooler. I cut this line a bout 3" after it exits the IC just after it makes the 90 to head down. The stock IC line continues straight down to the side fitting on my IC.

The Actuator "OUT" is plumbed directly to the WG top fitting. This is what supplys presure to the WG to increase boost.

My "Signel" line, the small tube that mesures boost, is "tee'd" into the line that runs from the manifold (near the throtle body) and goes up to the CBV & down to the De-Accel valve.

All seems well know. Last week I tried to set my EVC and had boost creep and over boost. Set it up this AM and it was the easyest it has ever been and it no longer is overboosting.

My Tial .7 bar spring with headers at 55 deg F is pushing .82 bar with out the controler on. This is my now my low setting. Set the top at 1 bar. Have .9 bar dialed in.

My EZ is now hoooked up the the manifold where it belongs.

Your post has turned out the be a great beneifit to me.

Thanks.

Keith
Old 11-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Well, thank you Keith!
I am now confident my plumbing is in good health.
Decided not to relocate the pressure switch unless I get problems with it.

Quick Reply: Getting Manifold Pressure for my EBC