Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Looking for 964 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 03:27 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

And because there seems to be a belief that all 964T's start at $150k+ for low mileage cars here is what I am talking about. This car can be had cheaper and if you spend 10 minutes running searches you will find more just like it priced slightly lower and slightly higher. So, I don't think I am WAAAY off wanting to spend $100k on a car with UNDER 70k miles or stating that a 40k+ mile car priced at $150k is not market correct:

http://www.dennydotson.com/1991-Pors...8/Details.aspx
Old 09-22-2016, 03:46 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

I think you can find a nice 50k-70k mileage examples for around $100k these days. Just need to be patient.

Here's a 36k mile example asking $126k. Keep in mind Chequered Flag notoriously asks all the money and some on their cars.

http://www.chequeredflag.com/1991-Po...6/Details.aspx
Old 09-22-2016, 04:17 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I agree. I love the black car in this post and I was/ready remain very interested but if I can get a car with 1/3 the miles for not much more then....I just know low miles makes the day with any car and you need to save a lot to make a higher mileage car make sense. Otherwise, I will get killed on the resale.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:09 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 659 Posts

hmmm, and I sit here wondering if bmwtmx ever got in touch with Opo, to work out an agreeable price. Seems like it fits the bill perfectly per original post #1 specifications.
... or buy the chequered flag car. wait,... this is not a purchase to own & drive tho is it. Oops,... now I'm getting the picture. Sorry. Disregard my comments.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:30 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwtmx
And because there seems to be a belief that all 964T's start at $150k+ for low mileage cars here is what I am talking about. This car can be had cheaper and if you spend 10 minutes running searches you will find more just like it priced slightly lower and slightly higher. So, I don't think I am WAAAY off wanting to spend $100k on a car with UNDER 70k miles or stating that a 40k+ mile car priced at $150k is not market correct:

http://www.dennydotson.com/1991-Pors...8/Details.aspx
I've been looking at this one and have been in contact with the dealer. If it had sport seats, I think I would have bought by now (pending a PPI).
Old 09-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Raihkim
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Europe 964 Turbo 3.3 under 70k miles is very hard to find less than 100k eur ( 112k usd )
Old 09-23-2016, 09:55 PM
Bernard
Pro

I could kill myself for what I sold my 964 Turbo's for. That's why I'm holding out for the right buyer for my 930. Everyone wants to tell me how the market has gone soft on them and offer super low figures, oh well I'll just wait until it gets hard again
Old 09-24-2016, 09:10 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by Bernard
I could kill myself for what I sold my 964 Turbo's for. That's why I'm holding out for the right buyer for my 930. Everyone wants to tell me how the market has gone soft on them and offer super low figures, oh well I'll just wait until it gets hard again

"I want to buy x type of car but I don't want to pay the current market value." Well hell, who does?
Life is shorter than anyone realizes. It's only money. If you really want x car, buy it and enjoy.
My old boss dithered about buying himself a toy. Money wasn't an issue. He died suddenly before he got anything.
His wife didn't stand over his casket and tell everyone what a great guy he was because he didn't treat himself to a car.
The market's "soft" only for buyers; a preposition as evidenced by this thread
I ran into the PO of my car at the Dream Cruise. Since I bought my car from him, he's become a broker.
He says to me "you know, this car's worth $70-80k now".
I got a good laugh out of that.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:58 PM
BTR3.4
Instructor

Amen to that Metal Guru, i couldn't of said it any better.....
Old 09-29-2016, 09:44 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

FYI Paul Miller Porsche has a turbo for sale. I knew the previous owner but know nothing about the car. It appears to be leaking oil probably from lack of use but might be worth a look. I am not sure I believe there is some paint work but would need to meter it for sure. I don't see any reason to not believe the 26k mile odo reading but the car will need some work.

I would ask for Nick if you call.

For some reason these photos will not post right side up.
Attached Images     
Old 09-29-2016, 09:59 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Car is on consignment. Owner apparently won't take anything less than $130K. For now......
Old 09-29-2016, 10:03 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bonehead
Car is on consignment. Owner apparently won't take anything less than $130K. For now......
I haven't had a chance to speak with him i will see him at lightning in a few weeks. I'm surprised he will go that low. It is a nice clean car. If you want low mileage this is one to consider but as said you can't have it all unless your willing to pay.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:08 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
I haven't had a chance to speak with him i will see him at lightning in a few weeks. I'm surprised he will go that low. It is a nice clean car. If you want low mileage this is one to consider but as said you can't have it all unless your willing to pay.
How's the paint look? Chips on the front end, rockers, rear fender, I assume?
Old 09-29-2016, 11:10 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bonehead
How's the paint look? Chips on the front end, rockers, rear fender, I assume?
Not that bad. Definitely some decent sized chips (.100 in dia) needing attention mostly on the front leading edge of the hood. Didn't count maybe four or five obvious and a few more not as apparent. (easily fixed) There are a couple of marks on the rear flairs that could have been touched up better but can be improved upon. All in all it is a vey clean car on the top side and inside. Paint was clean but looks to be recently detailed. The clear film on the rockers was cloudy but easily cleaned. Typical rocker rash from what I saw.

I saw it during a social event I was running for our local PCA. Was in a jacket so i didn't climb underneath. Although the owner is a friend I still like to call it as i see it. Only concern was an oil absorption rag under the center of the engine with a few areas that obviously had some oil leaked onto it. Without further inspection I couldn't opine on why or how extensive. The interior and engine bay were concours clean and appear to be that way from new. Not as clean as my car but I haven't seen many that are.

If anyone is interested I can make time to look it over more closely.

IMO assuming everything else checks out the asking price is more than fair for the mileage and condition.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:44 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
"I want to buy x type of car but I don't want to pay the current market value." Well hell, who does?
Life is shorter than anyone realizes. It's only money. If you really want x car, buy it and enjoy.
My old boss dithered about buying himself a toy. Money wasn't an issue. He died suddenly before he got anything.
His wife didn't stand over his casket and tell everyone what a great guy he was because he didn't treat himself to a car.
The market's "soft" only for buyers; a preposition as evidenced by this thread
I ran into the PO of my car at the Dream Cruise. Since I bought my car from him, he's become a broker.
He says to me "you know, this car's worth $70-80k now".
I got a good laugh out of that.
Laughs can be had all around. I get a good laugh out of current owners that think their cars are going to miraculously double and/or triple in value once every 2-3 years from now on. The bump in value already occurred. It doesn't continue to sustain itself and repeat over and over. Sadly, for current owners that are actually considering selling it seems, bmwtmx is exactly right to hold out for $100k vs $150k asking. The market is so blatantly downward trending right now. It's only started to become a buyer's market in the last 90 days and will only continue to get worse for sellers.

Take a look at the current dealer inventory on the market. So many of the cars available have been listed for the last 3-6 months. The same cars continue to get listed over and over and over with no lowering in price like we the buyers are supposedly insane for not taking advantage of the amazing values. The suckers that bought in in the last 6-12 months hoping to flip for a quick profit are now sitting on their "investments" puzzled as to why buyers are no longer lined up out the door. It's called the market is cooling. Now that means absolutely squat to those of you that are in no financial need of selling, but to those that are it's about to be a brutal awakening. Only those fools with zero willpower and the "have to have it now" mentality will continue to be taken advantage of. The buyers with patience will make out in spades over the next six months.

Let's simply agree to disagree on this topic and plan to come back in March to see who's right?

Quick Reply: Looking for 964 Turbo