Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

WTB: 964 Turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013 | 05:13 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by FriedEgg
The Canepa car looks very good. Anyone know what they are asking?
Yes but look at the bumper closely it has a small frown to the right side. If you look at the under garage pics you will see it's a bit scrapped. The front left suspension looks like it's sagging in some pictures.
Old 10-21-2013 | 10:42 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FriedEgg
The Canepa car looks very good. Anyone know what they are asking?
I called and Bruce was not available so I don't know the exact price but I was told that it has a "1" in the front... So low one hundreds?...
Old 10-22-2013 | 06:31 PM
DougM92
Rennlist Member

Same thing...Bruce was not available but I was told $125K by the receptionist.
Old 10-22-2013 | 09:09 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Prices are in the rise, there is a correlation with the Turbo & Turbo 3.6 then.
Old 10-23-2013 | 12:55 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

^I agree! Sharply on the rise!
(I am glad that I picked up a mint 930 earlier this year...I wish that I had picked up a few other cars too...)
Old 10-24-2013 | 11:19 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

It is not as easy to find a turbo as it was a year ago. Nearly all pre-1998 Porsche's have seen some form of increase. The 964 and turbos especially have seen a dramatic increase. The 3.3's can still be found at reasonable prices if you look long enough. You just missed a nice low mileage one for $57k not too long ago but not your color. I think limiting yourself to your color choices could prove difficult in this market.

I will warn you I have been following the 3.6T's since 2001 and have seen just about every known example trade hands at least once, almost all of the cars I have seen for sale in white have had one major issue or another. So finding a white one that is a good clean car might not be so easy. There are a few out there but I haven't seen a clean white one for a while now.

As far as the LSD it was an option on the 1991 cars and I have come across a number without something I could not live without. The 20/100 is notorious for its noise some unfortunately are much louder than others. Even adding the right additive only lasts a short time before the noise comes back. I have boat loads of correspondence from the original owner of my car and Porsche and the end result was it is inherent to the car and live with it. He sold the car because he didn't feel a $100k car should sound bad like that. All I can say is I am glad he did. I can live with the noise it isn't that bad.

Speedlines have been released again by Porsche last i checked they were a little over $10k a set.

Found this

http://www.classicshop.porsche.com/p...aeder-Bremsen/
Old 10-24-2013 | 02:55 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

The polished never went out of circulation as they have been available from the exclusive department continuously for as long as I can remember (I cannot speak to availability through PCNA) ... but it looks like the painted are back and they were unavailable for a while. Not sure why the polished versions are listed as 3.3 Turbo wheels though?

A noisy LSD is part of the charm ... and perfectly normal.
Old 10-24-2013 | 02:57 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Follow up ... would be interesting to know which version of the Speedline for Porsche script is currently being used.
Old 10-24-2013 | 03:28 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Flachbau
The polished never went out of circulation as they have been available from the exclusive department continuously for as long as I can remember (I cannot speak to availability through PCNA) ... but it looks like the painted are back and they were unavailable for a while. Not sure why the polished versions are listed as 3.3 Turbo wheels though?

A noisy LSD is part of the charm ... and perfectly normal.
The polished if i recall where available in 92 on the turbo s 3.3 lightweight. They were optional on turbo 3.6 If I am not mistaken standard on Turbo S 3.6
Old 10-25-2013 | 11:06 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Follow up ... would be interesting to know which version of the Speedline for Porsche script is currently being used.
You mean "SPEEDLiNE" or "SPEEDLINE"

IIRC it was only a problem with the first sets released of the painted centers. There was a while when the only polished centered wheels available had minor blemishes in the clear. I purchased a set and had to send wheels back several times for exchange. Unfortunately after all the angst I decided the polished centers did not work well with the cobalt paint so I sold them. Wish I kept them IIRC they only cost about $5k new back then but hindsight is 20/20.

There was also an issue with some of the bolts having a blueish coloring unlike the originals.
Old 10-25-2013 | 12:47 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
The polished if i recall where available in 92 on the turbo s 3.3 lightweight. They were optional on turbo 3.6 If I am not mistaken standard on Turbo S 3.6
Good point i had forgotten that.
Old 10-25-2013 | 12:49 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cobalt

IIRC it was only a problem with the first sets released of the painted centers. There was a while when the only polished centered wheels available had minor blemishes in the clear. I purchased a set and had to send wheels back several times for exchange. Unfortunately after all the angst I decided the polished centers did not work well with the cobalt paint so I sold them. Wish I kept them IIRC they only cost about $5k new back then but hindsight is 20/20.

There was also an issue with some of the bolts having a blueish coloring unlike the originals.
Yes that was it small i or capital I. Hopefully they have upgraded the quality.

At some point in the near future I will contact my Porsche dealer parts contact and see what kind of price he can give me (10% over their cost).
Old 10-25-2013 | 01:17 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cobalt

My rear polished wheels have SPEEDLiNE.
Old 10-25-2013 | 01:23 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Yes that was it small i or capital I. Hopefully they have upgraded the quality.

At some point in the near future I will contact my Porsche dealer parts contact and see what kind of price he can give me (10% over their cost).
small "i"
Old 10-26-2013 | 07:06 AM
Max964t36
Racer

Quick Reply: WTB: 964 Turbo...