964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Patrick LWFW installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Patrick LWFW installed

Just installed this over the weekend and I'm very happy with it. Makes no noise with the factory engine and tranny mounts. I was quite surprised as I expected at least some chatter. Installed with my slightly used sachs 752 pessure plate and 973 disc from the 993. Was a good time to do the RMS and input shaft seals and a few other items.

Rev matching is much better and driveablity is better imo. Didn't feel a huge difference from stock but all in all it a positive improvement.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Another data point on the LWFW. Thanks, Spartan.
Do you feel that it enhances acceleration?
Oh yeah, does your 993 look like this:
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:40 PM
moacur
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 38 Posts

Pretty damn close..

My buddy Matt chasing him down and Keving falling way behind in the EVM775.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
Another data point on the LWFW. Thanks, Spartan.
Do you feel that it enhances acceleration?
Oh yeah, does your 993 look like this:
They always feel like they do but the data doesn't back it up. Porsches just don't feel like Porsches to me unless there is a lwfw. Only reason I posted was that the thing is quiet and it surprised me. Has to be the stock rubber mounts as all the lwfw cars I've ever been in chattered and had harder mounts of some sort.

That pic is a factory gt2 ordered in pts Audi rs blue which is the same as early Audi nogaro blue which I have. That car was a very early inspiration on the 993 many years ago!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:21 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 94 Posts

Josh whats up man ,you know the drill didn't happen if there's no pics...thanks Bert
Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by budge96
Josh whats up man ,you know the drill didn't happen if there's no pics...thanks Bert
Haha yes I know. Picking the car up today from the alignment shop. I gave it a full 100 percent suspension and brake restoration including NA arms and some RH's in a 993tt fitment. I'm waiting in some outer barrels from Germany to get the RS 3.8 look going (with more lip in the front though)

Also installed a tial waste gate, cat bypass, custom intake and ditched the front fogs and bumperettes for scoops. H4's and a bi xenon kit will go on the week. It's been a busy first month of ownership so far!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
moacur
Rennlist Member

I'd be very interested to hear about the NA trailing arm swap as it is something I am compiling parts for to do over the winter
Old 09-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by moacur
I'd be very interested to hear about the NA trailing arm swap as it is something I am compiling parts for to do over the winter
What would you like to know? I picked my control arms up used for $400 with all the parts. Had them sand blasted, new bearings, and put in the powerflex bushings. You will need a new sway and this is a great time to put the RS sway in as well as the tarret end links so you can dial out any preload. The turbo parking brake cable works just fine just needs to be hung away from the axle and the parking brake stuff is the same. I ended up going with GKN new axles which are about $350 a pop as decent used rear axles proved hard to find for much less. Replaced the grease with redline to make myself feel better and thats it. For the brakes back there I went with 993 c2 calipers and the 928 drillled rotors (which are the same as RS i think). You will need a smaller brake line that goes from the caliper to the brake line as well.

Its a very easy conversion all things considered. Figure if you source the parts correctly and do the labor yourself it doesn't break the bank either
Old 09-19-2012, 08:53 PM
moacur
Rennlist Member

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks for the info. Most threads from the past have stated what a hard task this is and I just didn't believe it. From what you are saying, it's looks to be pretty straight forward
Old 09-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks for the info. Most threads from the past have stated what a hard task this is and I just didn't believe it. From what you are saying, it's looks to be pretty straight forward
Glad to help. None of this suff is new but when I searched there was a lot of poor info about really basic mods. Hopefully some new reviews and fresh mods can be helpful for the newer gen of owners that are more DIY oriented
Old 09-20-2012, 10:26 AM
moacur
Rennlist Member

Indeed! Its nice to have fresh blood around that is interested in exploring outside of the standard thinking. Too much of the so and so said that wont work so I know it wont work thinking around here. Looking forward to watching your car progress!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:29 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 94 Posts

Indeed! Its nice to have fresh blood around that is interested in exploring outside of the standard thinking. Too much of the so and so said that wont work so I know it wont work thinking around here. Looking forward to watching your car progress!
+1 'what he said'!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Most threads from the past have stated what a hard task this is and I just didn't believe it.
It would only be tough if you don't know how to use a wrench.

Quick Reply: Patrick LWFW installed