nine64
User

where can i get one of those decal? the supercar champion one, very cool
cheers
Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 PM
30 CSL
User

Good afternoon,

Extremely interesting thread ! I am new on the Forum and will check if there is a kind of 'introduce yourself section' (did not find it yet !) but I would like to say I really love this kind of thread because being so curious about details and asking such type of questions about seminal models exactly is what I am crazy of !

I have been collecting for 25+ years information and made a Register for a different type of car (and different make as well... not really difficult to guess which make if you see my User-Id ...) but as a matter of fact, I now have very good reasons to start same kind of Register with the 964 Turbo 'S' lightweight (or help people who did already start the puzzle, if somebody did ?!) .

Norbert, I will very soon contact you privately as we will likely have some good pieces of information (I hope !) to speak about, swap and comment.

Cheers,
Yannick
Old 03-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Flachbau
User

Actually I been planning to create a website for the 1992 Turbo S Leichtbau similar to the flachbau.com website but have not had the time as of yet to get it put together. I have a lot of content .... Maybe the resurrection of this thread can be a motivator to try get something organized this week.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:04 PM
30 CSL
User

Thx for the quick answer Flachbau... and hopefully resurrection of this thread to be a GENUINE motivator to start something. Enjoying winter sports for a week now but will get back to you after my week holiday to share more details (and pics) about my Turbo 'S' lightweight ! I will accordingly introduce the car here.

A rather long trip for me as I had, a long time ago, a 1989 930 Turbo 'S' (e.g. 330bhp Weissach car) but I am now back to Porsche after so many years without a Flat Six in my garage !
Old 03-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Flachbau
User

Originally Posted by 30 CSL View Post
Thx for the quick answer Flachbau... and hopefully resurrection of this thread to be a GENUINE motivator to start something. Enjoying winter sports for a week now but will get back to you after my week holiday to share more details (and pics) about my Turbo 'S' lightweight ! I will accordingly introduce the car here.

A rather long trip for me as I had, a long time ago, a 1989 930 Turbo 'S' (e.g. 330bhp Weissach car) but I am now back to Porsche after so many years without a Flat Six in my garage !
Nice! Of all the 930's the 5 speed was the one to own.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:14 PM
911SLOW
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Very interesting thread!

Subscribed. : )
Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Flachbau
User

The initial draft of the website is completed and up. Missing still are the individual VIN pages but the rest is done - hope to get the VIN pages done very soon (I have all the data - just need the time). Input/VIN images/edits welcome.

http://turbosleichtbau.com
Old 03-16-2012, 07:10 PM
30 CSL
User

Congrats for the very quick set-up and comprehensive info Mark ! Great Job !

No doubt that current Register data/info will positively change/improve thanks to various inputs coming from various places of our small planet !

As already mentionned, I am not at home but I nevertheless have pictures with me (USB stick) of a very interesting special order colour.
Pictures have been shot in 2010 at Spa racetrack (Belgium) and car has a German plate number.

IMO, colour seems close to what I would call 'Gulf Blue' ?! Very interesting !

More to follow when I will be back home.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
andy928
User

I have been told the S in Hong Kong is one of the two from the sultans collection.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:09 AM
TL-Register
User

Originally Posted by Flachbau View Post
The initial draft of the website is completed and up. Missing still are the individual VIN pages but the rest is done - hope to get the VIN pages done very soon (I have all the data - just need the time). Input/VIN images/edits welcome.

http://turbosleichtbau.com

Well done !

... i'm glad I could help a little ...
i have stored two more meanwhile - will forward pics when your VIN Pages are online.

Norbert
Old 03-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Flachbau
User

Originally Posted by TL-Register View Post
Well done !

... i'm glad I could help a little ...
i have stored two more meanwhile - will forward pics when your VIN Pages are online.

Norbert
Norbert - thanks. I appreciate all of your contributions to making this site possible.

Once I get the VIN pages up there will also be some sorting to make sure that the photos all match up to the VIN's. I think I have it all right but as I have experienced with the flachbau.com site sometimes there are mix ups that need to be sorted out.

btw, your option decoder is awesome!
Old 03-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Flachbau
User

Originally Posted by 30 CSL View Post
Congrats for the very quick set-up and comprehensive info Mark ! Great Job !

No doubt that current Register data/info will positively change/improve thanks to various inputs coming from various places of our small planet !

As already mentionned, I am not at home but I nevertheless have pictures with me (USB stick) of a very interesting special order colour.
Pictures have been shot in 2010 at Spa racetrack (Belgium) and car has a German plate number.

IMO, colour seems close to what I would call 'Gulf Blue' ?! Very interesting !

More to follow when I will be back home.
Thanks - interesting colored car. Will add it to the 'unknown' VIN group. Look forward to more photos!
Old 03-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Carlos993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice site and well done, Flach bau!

Carlos
Old 03-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Flachbau
User

Originally Posted by Carlos993 View Post
Nice site and well done, Flach bau!

Carlos
thanks for the photos!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 964 TurboS Lightweight

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: