964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Turbo S / 3.8 RS front splitter

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Interesting. I have compared mine to the turbo S that my friend had and a few others I have seen. Interestingly they all look like mine which are smooth. These came in the standard Porsche packaging with part numbers on the bags and on the parts in their normal paper fashion. My only regrets were that i did not save the part numbers.

How do they compare to yours?
Well bumpy may have been a poor choice of word. They are not smooth like the plastic on the trays they are mounted to for example. Maybe mottled is better word? At some point I think I posted a photo of them. The part numbers are all the same - and are listed in my other post about the factory units being NLA.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:23 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by Flachbau
Well bumpy may have been a poor choice of word. They are not smooth like the plastic on the trays they are mounted to for example. Maybe mottled is better word? At some point I think I posted a photo of them. The part numbers are all the same - and are listed in my other post about the factory units being NLA.
That makes more sense. Mine were similar in texture to the under tray but have been painted black a few times.

I just wish I kept the part number on the part itself since it was applied by sticker
Old 11-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
That makes more sense. Mine were similar in texture to the under tray but have been painted black a few times.

I just wish I kept the part number on the part itself since it was applied by sticker
Yes the RSR spoilers are stamped with the 965xxx tray part numbers while the RSR spoilers actually have 964xxx part numbers which as you said are applied as a sticker. Of course the only difference between the two is the addition of the winglets.

Quick Reply: Turbo S / 3.8 RS front splitter