Nski
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tasracer
Old 10-14-2012, 12:11 PM
moacur
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 38 Posts

A bit spendy but looks like a nice option..

http://www.fvd.us/us/en/Porsche-0/96...ler-FVD503056-

Old 11-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 3.8 RSR Spoiler NLA

See my other post https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...3&referrerid=0
Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 PM
ralt
Racer

You know that MA Shaw/Getty has had these splitters available for ten years if not longer. When I got them they were $110.00/pr.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ralt
You know that MA Shaw/Getty has had these splitters available for ten years if not longer. When I got them they were $110.00/pr.
They are not the same thing at all. Factory are ABS mounted on factory trays - they are designed to be unpainted - although they can be painted. MA Shaw does not make them like this (IIRC I think MA Shaw are fiberglass one piece - easy to crack and look like crap if unpainted). Apples and Oranges and if you are looking for authentic ... NLA.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:31 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts
Default BETTER BODDIES

I Just put on Better Bodies lip, Just like the FVD, only BB's had Screw holes & went on Much easier than the FVD would.
Attached Images   
Old 11-07-2013, 02:53 PM
ralt
Racer

The MAShaw splitters are not crap and do not crack unless you slammed the car. When painted and properly installed they looked EXACTLY like all the attached factory parts shown in the fotos. One man's crap is another's gold!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The MAShaw splitters are not crap and do not crack unless you slammed the car. When painted and properly installed they looked EXACTLY like all the attached factory parts shown in the fotos. One man's crap is another's gold!
2nd I have them and the are fine. Fvd makes the abs plastic version and if I had to do it again I would get those
Old 11-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Hey I did not mean to offend you ... and I did not say MA Shaw were crap. I said fiberglass is fiberglass and it cracks - it is not particularly strong nor flexible - I am not a fan. And it has to be painted which is what I referred to as looking like crap if left unpainted. If you like the way they look that is all that matters.

That all said the FVD ABS pieces do resemble the factory units though they have to be installed on the trays (which is not hard to do btw). The factory units came with the trays (winglets already installed).

I actually disassembled a factory pair once and mounted the winglets on narrow body trays for a C2 I had. They fit perfectly.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rare911s
I Just put on Better Bodies lip, Just like the FVD, only BB's had Screw holes & went on Much easier than the FVD would.
The FVD winglets are the real deal replicas for the RSR. That is a one piece that looks like an RS style.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

btw it appears the FVD is remaking a lot of the old TechArt stuff that TechArt has abandoned as part of tis product line up.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:50 PM
RSA_27149
Racer

^^^ Thanks! Didn't know about the FVD winglets. Is it fair to say that they have an OEM like look, fit and finish?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RSA_27149
^^^ Thanks! Didn't know about the FVD winglets. Is it fair to say that they have an OEM like look, fit and finish?
I have not seen the FVD units in person but from the photos they look identical to the factory winglets as removed from the trays. Pop rivet holes, tray mounting holes and their form all look correct. They even supply you with the pop rivets and the black 3M weather sealant to complete the mounting which is nice.

The only difference that may be - and I cannot tell from the photos - is that the FVD ABS finish may be smooth while the factory finish is sort of bumpy - the look of which some people like so they leave them unpainted. Even when you paint the factory units they retain some of the bumpy look - which when painted is sort of like orange peel. Maybe somebody will order them and report back as to the exact finish of the plastic.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by Flachbau
I have not seen the FVD units in person but from the photos they look identical to the factory winglets as removed from the trays. Pop rivet holes, tray mounting holes and their form all look correct. They even supply you with the pop rivets and the black 3M weather sealant to complete the mounting which is nice.

The only difference that may be - and I cannot tell from the photos - is that the FVD ABS finish may be smooth while the factory finish is sort of bumpy - the look of which some people like so they leave them unpainted. Even when you paint the factory units they retain some of the bumpy look - which when painted is sort of like orange peel. Maybe somebody will order them and report back as to the exact finish of the plastic.
Interesting. I have compared mine to the turbo S that my friend had and a few others I have seen. Interestingly they all look like mine which are smooth. These came in the standard Porsche packaging with part numbers on the bags and on the parts in their normal paper fashion. My only regrets were that i did not save the part numbers.

How do they compare to yours?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Turbo S / 3.8 RS front splitter