Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Turbo S / 3.8 RS front splitter

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 04:17 AM
Sifly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, does your car not have smooth black painted lower skirts and lower section of rear bumper?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Megatron-UK
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

The bottom half of my sills and lower section of rear bumper are painted in flat black (the top parts of both are of course in body colour), the lip around the bottom of the front bumper (and hence the undertrays themselves) is not painted:

Old 02-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Sifly
Steve, does your car not have smooth black painted lower skirts and lower section of rear bumper?
Yes, and I can see where your idea would be really nice but my thought is that the factory didn't paint these so that scrapes...which will happen, will not peel paint and maybe not look so bad without the paint?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Sifly
Instructor

Just popped into 9M,
As the surface texture is very fine, the smooth finish can be achieved using 'high-build' plastic primer prior to painting to match the cills and rear bumper.

Having said that, they recommend fitting without painting because, as Steve says, they tend to pick up the odd scrape and when painted start to look a bit messy!
Think I will just fit them as they are for now. If at some stage I have the cills re-finished, I may have the front pans finished to match at the same time?!

Last edited by Sifly; 02-11-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
www.carnewal-europe.com/

P64 Chin Spoiler

Chin spoiler from the 3.8L wide body Rennsport version.
Fits the P64 Turbo/ Turbo look front bumper.
Price : 290 Euro.
Made from polyurethane.

Contact us for more information
These look like factory. I would doubt that aftermarket would sell the spoilers attached to the undertrays. Unless you saw them in person you would not know for sure if the spoiler part is ABS plastic or fiberglass ... however they claim they are plastic which would indicate that these are indeed factory parts.

FYI for anyone who cares, you can remove the plastic spoilers and mount them on non-turbo body undertrays .. they fit perfectly. I did this on my C2.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

The wait is over...................

My front splitters from Carnewal arrived today in a HUGE box!!

Inside I found 2 brand new Porsche parts as Cobolt has described. 2 Standard front under-pans with the splitters already rivited and bonded in place from the factory. They are dated 2006.

I understand Gert is very protective over his factory 'source' for these parts and doesn't wish to divulge information ***** nilly. As already stated, the part numbers relate to the standard pans only, as the splitters were clearely added at a later date.

An excellent service from Gert and Carnewal at a reasonable price. I can recommend them.

Thanks to Paul B for his original direction.

Simon
You can order these from Porsche Motorsport and even any Porsche dealer if they are willing to push PCNA to get them for you. There is no secret source... it is a Porsche factory part.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

The under tray's are textured, so will need smoothing and painting to match the semi-gloss skirts and rear bumper if you so wish.

Not sure how best to go about this however?? I was planning on going to see Marc at 9M for his opinion on the matter?

Simon
Factory delivery was primer and paint. Texture is OEM. If you smooth them out that is not how they were delivered as original equipment on the cars. But whatever you prefer ....
Old 02-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

On the Turbo S wing and original twin pipe tips. It turns out that they were made by the same company. Porsche would be willing to have either one of those made if they could sell enough of them to make it worth ordering a batch. I would have to look back through old emails to find the number of twin tip pipes they required to place the order. I believe that NYC123 has this info as well.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:31 AM
a thompson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flachbau
You can order these from Porsche Motorsport and even any Porsche dealer if they are willing to push PCNA to get them for you. There is no secret source... it is a Porsche factory part.
When I tried to do this last year I was told they were no longer in stock. I did not call my dealer though, I only called porsche motorsport north america.

Andy
Old 02-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by a thompson
When I tried to do this last year I was told they were no longer in stock. I did not call my dealer though, I only called porsche motorsport north america.

Andy
Not surprising .... a typical call with PM goes like this ....

You: "Hi I'm a 30 year Porsche customer whose is trying to source a rare part that I understand is still in production".

PM: "What racing team are you with?".

You: "I am not with a team but I have owned Porsches for 30 years and ....".

PM: ..... click .... buzzz .... dead air .... ding dong dung .... "Please hang up and try your call again. If you are having difficulty please dial zero and ask for the operator. If this is an emergency please stay on the line ......".
Old 02-14-2010, 11:34 AM
rufm5
Advanced

I installed the Getty/MA Shaw Carbon Fiber 3.8 RSR Splitters today...the fit and finish looks better on the Carnewal. I also need to replace my front bumper as the urethane has become wavy..

http://www.mashaw.net/PDF%27s/Porsch...log%202006.pdf
Old 02-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Sifly
Instructor

Better late than never!! I have finally had 5 mins to take some quick snaps before fitting the splitters as requested. I'm waiting for my gravel guards and new screws to arrive before I fit all the new bits!

Simon
Old 02-14-2010, 10:49 PM
rufm5
Advanced

Very nice...it is on my list along with a new OEM bumper
Old 02-16-2010, 01:21 AM
dunavantent
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lost one of my splitters when racing an R1. The guy said it flinged at him at 100 mph like a boomerang. That's because he was way behind me. Typical when sport bikes try to race me. Need another. They're a pain in the rear to fix.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:41 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

carbon splitters and carbon brake ducts

make offer
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Turbo S / 3.8 RS front splitter