964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Turbo S / 3.8 RS front splitter

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Sifly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wait is over...................

My front splitters from Carnewal arrived today in a HUGE box!!

Inside I found 2 brand new Porsche parts as Cobolt has described. 2 Standard front under-pans with the splitters already rivited and bonded in place from the factory. They are dated 2006.

I understand Gert is very protective over his factory 'source' for these parts and doesn't wish to divulge information ***** nilly. As already stated, the part numbers relate to the standard pans only, as the splitters were clearely added at a later date.

An excellent service from Gert and Carnewal at a reasonable price. I can recommend them.

Thanks to Paul B for his original direction.

Simon
Old 02-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Megatron-UK
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi Simon, will the combined splitters + undertray go on the car without paint as per the original parts?
Old 02-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Sifly
Instructor

The under tray's are textured, so will need smoothing and painting to match the semi-gloss skirts and rear bumper if you so wish.

Not sure how best to go about this however?? I was planning on going to see Marc at 9M for his opinion on the matter?

Simon

Last edited by Sifly; 02-06-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by Sifly

Inside I found 2 brand new Porsche parts as Cobolt has described. 2 Standard front under-pans with the splitters already rivited and bonded in place from the factory. They are dated 2006.

I understand Gert is very protective over his factory 'source' for these parts and doesn't wish to divulge information ***** nilly. As already stated, the part numbers relate to the standard pans only, as the splitters were clearely added at a later date.

An excellent service from Gert and Carnewal at a reasonable price. I can recommend them.

Simon
Well I am glad it worked out. Based on his description and picture i would have wagered they would have arrived as 2 single pieces. I hope he changes his ad to be more clear about their configuration, unless he already did.

So 2006 build sounds about right. Porsche went back into production on speedlines in 2005 makes sense that they would also supply new splitters since these are a part I am sure many ask for. I will have to do a search but IIRC it was early 2005 when Mark had snapped up the last of the NOS. Just hope they don't reproduce the turbo S tail, otherwise mine won't be a last of its type. Price is more reasonable now that they are available again. I wonder how many they made? Might be smart to buy them while you can.

Please post some pictures when you have a chance. Maybe some of them mounted on the car too.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sifly

Simon
Simon,

Any chance you can post some pictures, top and bottom, as well as the part numbers.

I asked Gert for a price last week or so ago and i think it jumped from 290 euros shown on the website to around £420, Is this similar to what you paid?
Old 02-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Sifly
Instructor

Hi guy's

I will post some pics, but I'm off to Mexico in the morning so it will be wednesday before I get chance.

Sal, the only part numbers are on the pans themselves which are the standard turbo items. I believe once the splitters were added, Porsche gave them another 'official' number, though this was never marked on the item.

As far as costs go, I think it worked out at about 380 Euros including tax and delivery to the UK.

Simon
Old 02-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

I ordered a set from Gert yesterday. They should be to me on Thursday. Thanks for starting this thread as I was about to buy the Ruf piece. I like these much better!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:28 PM
a thompson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, ordered mine on monday price is still 290 eruos.
Paul thanks for the tip on finding these, can't recall if you have a set on your car but by the time we go for a ride this spring I'll have a set on my car.
Simon, if you come up with a good way to smooth and paint please let us know, hopefully with some photos.

Andy
Old 02-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by a thompson
Paul thanks for the tip on finding these, can't recall if you have a set on your car but by the time we go for a ride this spring I'll have a set on my car.
Don't have them and they are a ways down the priority list. After seeing this video I may reconsider, however:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKZMsjmrDw
Old 02-09-2010, 06:42 PM
ghhally
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Picking up mine on Friday
Old 02-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Megatron-UK
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sal 965
Simon,

Any chance you can post some pictures, top and bottom, as well as the part numbers.

I asked Gert for a price last week or so ago and i think it jumped from 290 euros shown on the website to around £420, Is this similar to what you paid?
I was thinking about a set... but at that much it's a good chunk towards the cost of a full suspension overhaul. I'll not bother.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:03 AM
ghhally
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

The price listed on the website is in € without VAT.
Include VAT and postage, you could end up with €420.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ghhally
The price listed on the website is in € without VAT.
Include VAT and postage, you could end up with €420.
Just checked my e-mails and the actual price was 290 Euros, shipping was 25 Euros and then in Belgium VAT adds 21% to the lot so the actual quote was 381.15 Euros or £335.74.

Shame there is no way round the VAT part as it just kills it really.......?

I wonder if anyone can get these parts in the UK through Porsche or Porsche Motorsport?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:59 AM
a thompson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No VAT when shipped to USA but my shipping went up to 60 euros, total with shipping was 350 euros to my door in Ann Arbor.

Andy
Old 02-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Just got mine guys and they are NICE! Some little German hand applied black pookie and rivited the wings on. I will not be painting these as they match what came from the factory.

Quick Reply: Turbo S / 3.8 RS front splitter