964 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 04:33 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
Default 964 Turbo S

Hi guys,
A friend of mine called me to ask if I was interested in a 1994 Turbo S, it's black/black with 8000 miles on it and it's a one-owner car. The original owner wants $125,000.

This is *not* a slant nose car, it's a standard front end. PM me if interested and I'll give you his contact information.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 04-27-2009, 02:39 PM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CincyScott
Hi guys,
A friend of mine called me to ask if I was interested in a 1994 Turbo S, it's black/black with 8000 miles on it and it's a one-owner car. The original owner wants $125,000.

This is *not* a slant nose car, it's a standard front end. PM me if interested and I'll give you his contact information.

Thanks,
Scott
The mind is a wonderful thing!!!!! $125k???? A Flachbau won't bring that, much less an S. Miles notwithstanding, I'd say he's at least $40 -$50k heavy. I wish him good luck though!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:51 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by labcars
The mind is a wonderful thing!!!!! $125k???? A Flachbau won't bring that, much less an S. Miles notwithstanding, I'd say he's at least $40 -$50k heavy. I wish him good luck though!!!

OUCH!! Now what do you really think?

Car market has crashed along with everything else ... although I've heard that a spirited drive in a Flachbau may be the cure for influenza which in the near future may add value.

.... by the status of your collection I'd have to guess that it's a wonderful world if you've been playing it short! .... in California the combined governments now take 1/2 off the top so you're 50% down before you start
Old 04-28-2009, 11:28 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,307 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by Flachbau
OUCH!! Now what do you really think?

Car market has crashed along with everything else ... although I've heard that a spirited drive in a Flachbau may be the cure for influenza which in the near future may add value.

.... by the status of your collection I'd have to guess that it's a wonderful world if you've been playing it short! .... in California the combined governments now take 1/2 off the top so you're 50% down before you start
I have to agree with Mark on this one. Price is high but how often do package cars come up for sale? If this is the car I think it is the owner will not budge but is worth the price maybe $10k less but no where near $50k to high. If a 94 928 GTS with 6k miles recently sold for $92,500 and is one of 406 cars why shouldn't a turbo S with 8k miles bring $125K when one of 17? Flachbaus trade hands more often than the package cars and I have seen some numbers far above $125k for these. Are you saying your flachbau is only worth the price of a run of the mill turbo 3.6?

BTW how about Ray and this one who thinks he will get it?

http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door39.htm
Old 04-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
I have to agree with Mark on this one. Price is high but how often do package cars come up for sale? If this is the car I think it is the owner will not budge but is worth the price maybe $10k less but no where near $50k to high. If a 94 928 GTS with 6k miles recently sold for $92,500 and is one of 406 cars why shouldn't a turbo S with 8k miles bring $125K when one of 17? Flachbaus trade hands more often than the package cars and I have seen some numbers far above $125k for these. Are you saying your flachbau is only worth the price of a run of the mill turbo 3.6?

My opinion is that an 8k mile package a car would sell for no less than $100K and the seller could get $125K from the right buyer. Of course condition, mileage and color all play in to it. These cars are simply too rare. Flachbau's will not sell for under $125K (unless there are extraordinary circumstances).

IMO there are (generally) two kinds of buyers for these cars.

1) collector/traders that are looking to pay below market for these cars. They see that the current market is way down for all exotic cars and believe that asking prices are too high for most rare cars. This because their strategy is often to only purchase a car that they believe they can 'turn' down the road at break even or a profit and currently that picture is not clear unless you can buy a car very cheaply.

I believe that Larry (and Steve G. and Steve D.) fall into this category - and there is nothing wrong with this. It can prove very effective (in an upward trending market) IF you are not concerned with HAVING to own a particular model car.

AND

2) individuals that would love to buy one of these cars (SPECIFICALLY) when they come on the market and will view current asking prices as veritable bargains. These individuals are not concerned with the issues a collector/trader is worried about like turning it over to move into something else. This buyer may own as few as one collectible car at a time. This is not to say that they will over pay for the privilege of buying the one they want.

I believe that if this car (or any other 94' S) sells it will be to the latter type of buyer because sellers will not lower prices to the point that these (very rare) cars will sell to a collector/trader under current market conditions.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:53 PM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He'll get it (list) or very, very close to what he is asking.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Owzer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by One of Twenty
He'll get it (list) or very, very close to what he is asking.
Agreed. Definitely within $5K of the asking price.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:45 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Sorry guys

It sold to the first dude who looked at it, sorry!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:40 PM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

How much?

Was it Ray? haha.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:57 AM
mishpet
Intermediate

seems that it was not overpriced, in england and europe the prices of 964t seem to be climbing a year or 2 ago a 3.6t could be had for 20k ish now they doing 35-60k and in europe 70-80k and up.
the one sold by my friend,black on black 94 3.6t for 52000 uk pounds ended up being 59000 uk pounds after the guy had the speedlines refurbed new tyres and brake refurb and some paint and other bits and pieces, the guy drove it back to holland a couple of weeks ago.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:27 AM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ag02M5
How much?

Was it Ray? haha.
I hope to stand corrected, although like Mark, my flachbau will NEVER be for sale. I'd love to know if I should be increasing my agreed value coverage. Until then, I still believe that the asking price was quite high, hence my desire to know the actual sale price.

Mark, when are you gonna get your butt to Scottsdale?????
Old 05-04-2009, 10:19 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,307 Likes on 1,365 Posts

I hope to stand corrected, although like Mark, my flachbau will NEVER be for sale. I'd love to know if I should be increasing my agreed value coverage. Until then, I still believe that the asking price was quite high, hence my desire to know the actual sale price.

Mark, when are you gonna get your butt to Scottsdale?????
How about some details on your flachbau? I know of a few around here low mileage cars and I know the owners wouldn't consider offers near $125k for theirs. IMO the package car is more desirable and someday might be worth more than the flachbau. My reasoning for this is the flachbau is a love hate thing. I am not a fan of the early 930S slope nose cars. Just not my preference. The flachbau IMO is far superior in overall looks to the older turbo S cars although I will always prefer the lines of the standard fenders over the slope nose cars. The package car has all the right features. The side scoops and turbo S tail are perfect additions to these cars. I hope to have the original turbo S tail I purchased painted and mounted to my car but would never cut the fenders to add the scoops. If they made a cobalt blue package car that would be my all time favorite Porsche and $125k would not think twice about spending. Unfortunately i have the only cobalt blue black 94 turbo in the US so I will have to add original components to get it as close as I can. At least I can drive mine which is an added plus.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:29 PM
turbowagon
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO $125 is not over priced as I will expect the market value surpass the original retail price eventually.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:08 AM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

How about some details on your flachbau? At least I can drive mine which is an added plus.
Mine is Gred/cashmere with black piping on sport seats. Bought in 1997 for $85k with 27k miles. Currently on Fikse FM5's (original speedlines are stored). Chris Cervilli did the work on it - cup car suspension, 1 bar boost spring, B&B exhaust (all original parts are stored). Only interior mod is a nakamichi head unit (again, original stored). I've put 6k miles on it and drive it as often as possible. It NEVER fails to put a smile on my face - the acceleration and sound is fantastic!! It, along with my '65 356SC cab and my '01 550 maranello will never be for sale. Everything else is trade bait. If you ever get to Scottsdale you're welcome to take her for a drive. Shiny side up!!!

Quick Reply: 964 Turbo S