Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Real deal....how much to sell your car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:23 PM
kimo964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking great..the car has an owner that really deserves it. Agree with Craig that everything has a price (almost). At least it's nice to know you have something that is very desirable.

Following post is courtesy of TMc993 from the 993 fourm;

The five stages of "specialty car" ownership:

1. I'll keep it forever.

2. I'm not interested in selling it right now.

3. I still like it, but....

4. If someone offered me the right price I'd sell it.

5. For sale.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the compliments..........and I appreciate all the input.

Like I said originally, for now it stays put......because I know how I'm going to feel
when it's gone. And besides I can always make more money. I told a buddy of mine
over the weekend , I didn't drive this car very far.......but I got a lot of milage out of it.
I met some interesting people, made some new friends, and had alot of laughs along the way.

Hopefully there's an event coming up soon and we can get together.

Thanks again .........Mike
Old 05-19-2008, 06:52 PM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

I would offer my car + some cash if you wanted a silver car to take the grandson out in

If I were you, this car should never be sold. However, I could see it going on the auction block where proceeds would benefit a charity close to the owner's heart....
Old 05-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Trevor Ely
Instructor

Wise fellow once said... "How do you want the story to end?"

Something to consider also...These cars are a lot more enjoyable to own and drive (That is, drive the way they were designed to be), than they are to worry about while driving/sit and stare at.

Food for thought.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out of interest did you pay a premium when you bought the car or did you buy it at market value?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:41 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Man you guys make me miss my car...
Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Trevor......I do drive it ocassionally, after recent get together at Bodymotion, I took it for a high
speed blast on the interstate then to a party on some twisty backroads. However I do enjoy
staring at it. I own other toys that get limited use also.....I am a recovering workaholic.

Jim.........That depends on who you ask. When I purchased some said I paid to much for current
market price. Now you can't purchase one with twice the miles for what I bought for.
In my opinion....and based on the history of the car, I think I stole it.

Sure I could replace it with another, but it will never be this one. Go watch the movie again.

Mike
Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

I'm with you totally, if it were mine I wouldn't sell it I just wondered if you could answer your own question with how you viewed your purchase of the car in the first place. If you had paid an addional premium to buy the car in the first place I can see how it can only strengthen your resolve not to sell but if you got it for a steal then (a) WOULD you have paid a premium to get that car if required (if so how much was it worth to you?) and (b) bloody well done, good for you!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

I think the biggest down side to selling this car is to the Porsche community, especially us 3.6T fanatics. If Mike retains ownership we know where the car that started it for many of us is. He will bring it to shows and gatherings and it represents something special for many. Although I have always been a 911 fan and the C2T has been my favorite Porsche since it's introduction the 94 T 3.6 in the Bad Boys movie was the driving force that lead me to trade in my beloved 74 RS clone I owned for 19 years. I always said to my wife there is only one car I would trade that car for and it was the 94T.

If he sells it to a collector it may never be seen again, locked away for someone to look at and fade from our memories. IMO that price is easily worth 5 times or more of current market value if I owned it.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

Mike/Anthony,

I think we should take our cars out for a spin sometime in June.

Frank
Old 05-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Frank.........That sounds good to me. The summer schedule is already filling up ( you know the
wife and kids things ). But I would be up for it if we could put something together.

Hey Anthony.....Maybe we should time share it out. Each person buying in gets it for a month.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:13 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Boys 1
Frank.........That sounds good to me. The summer schedule is already filling up ( you know the
wife and kids things ). But I would be up for it if we could put something together.

Hey Anthony.....Maybe we should time share it out. Each person buying in gets it for a month.
LOL

Same here. I have to double check my schedule tonight. I have a number of events coming up and some weekends down LBI scheduled, assuming work permits. I will let you know but more than likely it would have to be on a weekend.

Frank,

I hope you plan on bringing it back to the US. There are too many of these cars leaving the country.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
LOL
Frank,

I hope you plan on bringing it back to the US. There are too many of these cars leaving the country.
If I ever had to sell one of them, the decision would be pretty clear. I'm planning to hold on to it, however trying to keep it closer to where I spend most of my time. And then there are all these beautiful tracks here in Europe, plus maybe another trip to the Ring and the Alps is in order.....
Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Frank.........PM sent , Anthony it would be ok to do it at, or near LBI or any place in between.
You have my numbers......give me a ring, and lets see if we can get some others to
join us.

Mike
Old 05-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

BTW........I do still have the car. I have resisted all offers, but a couple are
getting interesting. Who am I kidding

Quick Reply: Real deal....how much to sell your car?