Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this thread!
Mike, keep us posted!
Old 05-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Turbo Jonny
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Any pics of this car with Will Smith on ? I would love that for the gallery in my 3.6t register !
Could you visit the site and register the chassis number , especially if you decide to sell.
It would surely have to be number 1 on my site !
Old 05-23-2008, 04:51 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Staffan
I love this thread!
Mike, keep us posted!
+1
Old 05-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

I think there should be a website dedicated to the car. Movie shots, clips, owner interviews, photos, etc.

A 94 3.6T shrine.

Oh and SA Mike...go Lakers! Haha I hate the Lakers but my wife loves them. I am required by law to cheer for them.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

It's still ongoing...........Here's the thing , Their are four serious buyers , Two I have no idea
who they are. One is a guy who I spoke to at length and probably is the guy who should really
end up with the car, If I decided to sell.......which I seriously haven't.

The last guy is a friend. We spend holidays together a few bar-b -ques ..etc.
This guy has stupid money......He recently purchased the lot next to his house, For $780,000, and
had me turn it into a parking lot . Said he needed more space for parties. We stoned it and then
he says," could you pave a section of it so my son can rollerblade on it? " We did.

That son is 11. So 30,000 later he has parking. The other son who is 18 in college just got
his new boat delivered, $200,000 Boston Whaler....all loaded up.

The daughters sweet 16 party last year...$75,000. She just got a new Benz, I asked him why,
she doesn't start driving until August. He said he wants her to practice on the car she will be
driving when she gets the license.

You starting to get the picture here.

So he hears about the car and says " I'll take it , just tell me what other people offer and I'll
buy it for more"

I don't know what he wants it for, maybe to give to the son?
Whatever the motivation..........it can't be good for the car.

So there it is ..........The guy who should get the car is coming to visit in a couple weeks.
I still don't think the car is going anywhere, but like I said earlier........I've made some
new friends , and had some fun.

Mike
Old 05-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Turbo Johnny ........I will oblige soon.

Couple more pics.........
Attached Images    
Old 05-23-2008, 08:12 PM
c4consult
Racer

Do not worry about the cars future, it is not alive. I have a 95 mint ruf btr, love the car but when I sell it I could not care less if the new owner droped it from a roof for fun. I never cry over anything that can't cry back.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 371 Posts

I'm six days short of being on this forum for seven years [must get my formal membership sorted again]. Many Turbo 3.6 zealots have moved on in that time, despite prior protestations of never selling. When all's said and done we own a car, a beautiful one at that, but it is a car, not a one-off work of art. If the joy is the chase and the renovation, then maybe it's time for you to rescue a new one. If on the other hand it was just a means to get the car the way you want it forever then keep it. JMTCW.

BTW: When you talk about money. On the F chat forum someone asked what financial position you should be into buy a F-car; the reply was when it represents 10% of your liquid net worth after house, pension and college are taken care of. Obviously wealth is relative.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:10 AM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

c4consult........I agree , It's not like I'm giving up a child. However, giving the history of the car
it would be nice to see it preserved . One of the interested parties also offered to give me the
opportunity to buy it back at a later date. I told him I'm not interested.

I tried that once with a car I really enjoyed 20 yrs ago. I bought an M-5 in 1988, kept it for
about 4 yrs. I really liked driving that car, so I went looking for , and found one. I took it for
a ride and realized it wasn't the same. It was better as a memory at that point. If I get another
964 it will be right now.

Mike
Old 05-24-2008, 10:17 AM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

Don't sell the car; keep it a few more years so I can buy it from you . I am only a few hours away and you can borrow it and continue to take your Grandson out for rides. Anyone shopping for a silver one
Old 05-24-2008, 02:05 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ag02M5
Oh and SA Mike...go Lakers! Haha I hate the Lakers but my wife loves them. I am required by law to cheer for them.
Series ain't over yet brother. We should have won that first game
Old 05-27-2008, 10:26 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,330 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Boys 1
It's still ongoing...........Here's the thing , Their are four serious buyers , Two I have no idea
who they are. One is a guy who I spoke to at length and probably is the guy who should really
end up with the car, If I decided to sell.......which I seriously haven't.

The last guy is a friend. We spend holidays together a few bar-b -ques ..etc.
This guy has stupid money......He recently purchased the lot next to his house, For $780,000, and
had me turn it into a parking lot . Said he needed more space for parties. We stoned it and then
he says," could you pave a section of it so my son can rollerblade on it? " We did.

That son is 11. So 30,000 later he has parking. The other son who is 18 in college just got
his new boat delivered, $200,000 Boston Whaler....all loaded up.

The daughters sweet 16 party last year...$75,000. She just got a new Benz, I asked him why,
she doesn't start driving until August. He said he wants her to practice on the car she will be
driving when she gets the license.

You starting to get the picture here.

So he hears about the car and says " I'll take it , just tell me what other people offer and I'll
buy it for more"

I don't know what he wants it for, maybe to give to the son?
Whatever the motivation..........it can't be good for the car.

So there it is ..........The guy who should get the car is coming to visit in a couple weeks.
I still don't think the car is going anywhere, but like I said earlier........I've made some
new friends , and had some fun.

Mike

I knew this wasn't over yet. LOL

We need to get together before you change your mind. I am free on the 21st of June do you think you will have it still and would like to meet up with Frank and I for a photo shoot?
Old 05-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Hey...........Who said I was selling?

Anthony.....I will still have it , and the 21st is fine with me. Contact Frank and anyone else
and I'll be there. Thanks

BTW.........I did look at a couple of replacements ( just out of curiousity ). I sent an e-mail
to RPM about the black/black car , however, I don't see it listed for sale anymore.
I'll keep you posted.

I'll call you this week.............Mike
Old 06-10-2008, 01:24 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,330 Posts

Mike,

Sent you a PM about the 21st give me a call to see if we can get together with Frank.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:01 PM
964greenman
6th Gear

This must be the most famous 3.6T of them all - I remember the movie and really wanted to have such a car someday... At Oldtimer grand Prix in 2005 I saw a black/black german car on the Porsche VIP parking and that wiew never got off my mind...

That black outside color looks (almost) as good as mine... Don't sell unless you get a serious enthusiastic buyer!

Also registered my car at the 3.6T register. Imagine if there was someday a complete big picture book with all detailed information about every single 3.6T vehicle like the limited edition '73 Carrera RS 2.7 book by Dr. Thomas Gruber & Dr. Georg Konradsheim !!!!! I'm pretty sure these cars will be very attractive collector's items because of low productions numbers...

Quick Reply: Real deal....how much to sell your car?