964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

good for the price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Gandara
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flachbau
ok .. a $35k loan for 60 months on a used car would be payments of about $700 month + insurance tax license etc ... even if you put $10,000 down, payments would be about $500 month + insurance tax license etc ... you claim to earn around $1350 month ... so either:

1. you are a foolish twenty something that should figure out how to quit living at home with your parents before buying a 965 turbo (FYI - chicks dig guys who drive beater honda accords but have their own place more that than losers who drive porsches but live at home with mom and dad), or

2. you are a financial imbecile but have to own a Porsche and therefore should be looking to buy an SC so that you can learn how to drive a Porsche before you buy a 965 turbo and drive it off a cliff, or

3. you - and this is my guess - are a troll (and ergo will get no further responses from me) as evidenced by your own admission that you have already trolled other boards on rennlist with the same line of questioning but still have not purchased a Porsche ('infamous' in your own words). So my guess is that either you are an under aged juvenile who wishes that Santa had brought him a wii for Christmas so that he could free his soul from the need to torture Porsche enthusiasts (but to our chagrin it seems that Santa didn't bring you one), or ... you are a 100% solid gold adult troll who will soon move on from this board once the knowledgable quit wasting their time replying to your multitude of duplicative and repetitive posts ...

Good luck with your Porsche car purchase!

ps. if you are not a troll you sure act like one so maybe that is something you should think about before you post anything else ...

Maybe you are right, I still like the car a lot and I'd use it to please myself and not women and I think this car would please more men than women but I still would like to buy it for myself as graduation gift I suppose. Thanks for the help and advice. Greatly appreciated.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:04 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a 1/24 scale 930 for sale---cheap.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:10 PM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Well, good luck with your purchase.

I don't know about your workplace, but I wouldn't park my 911 in a school parking lot for all the tea in China.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Gandara
Pro

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
Well, good luck with your purchase.

I don't know about your workplace, but I wouldn't park my 911 in a school parking lot for all the tea in China.
Mind if I pm you sometime for your opinion on a car listing, I think my reputation here has been ruined...
Old 12-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gandara
I'd use it to please myself and not women and I think this car would please more men than women
I'm not going to touch that statement ...

At 23 all I cared about was women, partying with my friends and starting grad school .. and I didn't live at home and I worked and I didn't need to own a Porsche to make my life a blast .. maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities ... there is a lot more to life than working 40 hours a week and living off of (not to mention with) your parents for the foreseeable future simply to be able to afford to own a Porsche ... wow has the world changed that much or is it just me?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Gandara
Pro

Originally Posted by K964
I have a 1/24 scale 930 for sale---cheap.
Thanks for your sincere consideration.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Gandara
Pro

Originally Posted by Flachbau
I'm not going to touch that statement ...

At 23 all I cared about was women, partying with my friends and starting grad school .. and I didn't live at home and I worked and I didn't need to own a Porsche to make my life a blast .. maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities ... there is a lot more to life than working 40 hours a week and living off of (not to mention with) your parents for the foreseeable future simply to be able to afford to own a Porsche ... wow has the world changed that much or is it just me?
What I meant was that women don't even know what a "Porsche" is and aren't really car enthusiasts. You have a point, but I don't want to get married yet and buy a house so soon and never be able to afford this car through my early youthful years and end up having to own one when I'm going through middle age crisis if you know what I mean. I know I 'm probably the youngest rennlist member so look down upon me if you wish but that doesn't change the fact that I've lurked this forum for while now w/ out registering until I was ready to buy a Porsche. I guess I'll stick to
Old 12-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Gandara
Pro

Flachbau you have all the correct points. Thanks for your care.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Gandara
Pro

Well I got me a 1988 930 that I'm gonna build

http://cgi.ebay.com/24279-TAMIYA-1-2...QQcmdZViewItem

To start off with

Quick Reply: good for the price?