Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

good for the price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:45 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

price seems fair but a good ppi will identify any known issues that not even the seller might not know. on a used car something will always come up in a ppi. the issue might be small or very big. in the end it will be up to the buyer to determine what he or she can live with. keep in mind what your budget is and be realistic. if your searching for a flawless car than the price will most likely be high. if the price on a car seems too low than chances are some issues might exist. buy the best car within your budget...just my .01 cents ( due to the price of the dollar .02 cents has been cut in half....lol )
Old 12-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Gandara
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone mind telling me their opinions on these listings. Maybe I can get someone from Dallas to do a PPI for me. Thank you!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/480834028.html

and this one which seems pretty legit
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true
Old 12-26-2007, 09:55 PM
turboholic
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gandara
and this one which seems pretty legit
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true
Wow I didnt know that our cars have 8 cylinders
Personally I dont like the wheels on this one.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:50 AM
Gandara
Pro

Wow you noticed something I didn't. How dumb can I be....
I'd prefer some "porsche" wheels like the 92 turbo on ebay has, or the speedlines. Still nice.... Thank you sir.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

In your other thread you say you only make 16k a year and are looking at sub 20k Porsches? Your stories are starting to get crossed up.

You posted the following.... and now you're looking at 965's?

"Yes I'm not looking for a collectible 964 turbo with 33k miles or anything. Just looking to get a sound used Porsche and I wouldn't mind it with plenty of miles. Thanks"

and this one....

"I've never investigated in a 993 but I don't like their style of looks when compared to a 964 aside from that fact that I THINK they are too expensive for me. I'm a poor boy and I barely make 16k after taxes a year, no joke... I wouldn't mind working on a 964 I think that would be great and although I'm inexperienced I think with proper guidance and a manual I shouldn't have to much trouble and if anything instead of trouble it would be fun. I think with time I could buy parts if needed and I wouldn't be driving it everyday because of insurance expenses so I will wait till I fully pay the car to get full insurance and enjoy it as my daily driver. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think I've waited long enough(4 yrs) to finally sit down and try to buy a 964 "

Its not nice to decieve Diablos.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Gandara
Pro

Is 965 the same as 964? I was originally looking for a good 1989 930 in the 911 area of this forum but I'm going with a 964. Am I in the wrong?
Old 12-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Gandara
Pro

Originally Posted by Trader220
In your other thread you say you only make 16k a year and are looking at sub 20k Porsches? Your stories are starting to get crossed up.

You posted the following.... and now you're looking at 965's?

Its not nice to decieve Diablos.
I was never looking for sub 20k Porsches I don't know what gave you that idea, and what does decieving Diablos mean?
Old 12-27-2007, 06:19 PM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Is 965 the same as 964? I was originally looking for a good 1989 930 in the 911 area of this forum but I'm going with a 964. Am I in the wrong?
965 is sometimes used to refer to a 964 turbo. They will almost always cost more than a non-aspirated 964.

What is your current budget for a car? You will probably get useful suggestions after that is established.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Gandara
Pro

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
965 is sometimes used to refer to a 964 turbo. They will almost always cost more than a non-aspirated 964.

What is your current budget for a car? You will probably get useful suggestions after that is established.
Oh, I always called them 964 turbo. Thank you for teaching me.

35-40 financed if anything over I will use a down to put it there although it would hurt a bit lol I can sacrafice, I think
Old 12-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, I always called them 964 turbo. Thank you for teaching me.

35-40 financed if anything over I will use a down to put it there although it would hurt a bit lol I can sacrafice, I think
$16k year income financing a $35k-$40k 15+ year old Porsche ...

Last edited by Flachbau; 01-22-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Gandara
Pro

.... I'm not catching on Flachblau, please enlighten me.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:41 PM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,063 Posts

I think what he's saying is - Have you worked out what the monthly payments would be on $35-$40k with a 60mo term? Check this out - http://www.automart.com/calculator.php

Then there's insurance, maintenance and gas to consider. What are your other monthly expenses?

What you are proposing to do is not likely to work while making $16k annually. Perhaps there are some other monies available to you that you haven't talked about yet? Check it out and consider looking for a 911 that is priced in the teens and not a turbo from the 90s.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

.... I'm not catching on Flachblau, please enlighten me.
ok .. a $35k loan for 60 months on a used car would be payments of about $700 month + insurance tax license etc ... even if you put $10,000 down, payments would be about $500 month + insurance tax license etc ... you claim to earn around $1350 month ... so either:

1. you are a foolish twenty something that should figure out how to quit living at home with your parents before buying a 965 turbo (FYI - chicks dig guys who drive beater honda accords but have their own place more that than losers who drive porsches but live at home with mom and dad), or

2. you are a financial imbecile but have to own a Porsche and therefore should be looking to buy an SC so that you can learn how to drive a Porsche before you buy a 965 turbo and drive it off a cliff, or

3. you - and this is my guess - are a troll (and ergo will get no further responses from me) as evidenced by your own admission that you have already trolled other boards on rennlist with the same line of questioning but still have not purchased a Porsche ('infamous' in your own words). So my guess is that either you are an under aged juvenile who wishes that Santa had brought him a wii for Christmas so that he could free his soul from the need to torture Porsche enthusiasts (but to our chagrin it seems that Santa didn't bring you one), or ... you are a 100% solid gold adult troll who will soon move on from this board once the knowledgable quit wasting their time replying to your multitude of duplicative and repetitive posts ...

Good luck with your Porsche car purchase!

ps. if you are not a troll you sure act like one so maybe that is something you should think about before you post anything else ...
Old 12-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
I think what he's saying is - Have you worked out what the monthly payments would be on $35-$40k with a 60mo term? Check this out - http://www.automart.com/calculator.php

Then there's insurance, maintenance and gas to consider. What are your other monthly expenses?

What you are proposing to do is not likely to work while making $16k annually. Perhaps there are some other monies available to you that you haven't talked about yet? Check it out and consider looking for a 911 that is priced in the teens and not a turbo from the 90s.
uhhh ... yaah!! Gandara who would loan you the money? Do you have a credit score? Did you know that the average reading and math skills level in the U.S. is the 6th grade? Did you know that the average troll pays $12.95 a month for internet access? Move on to another board please ....
Old 12-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Gandara
Pro

Originally Posted by Flachbau
uhhh ... yaah!! Gandara who would loan you the money? Do you have a credit score? Did you know that the average reading and math skills level in the U.S. is the 6th grade? Did you know that the average troll pays $12.95 a month for internet access? Move on to another board please ....
I'm sorry please let me explain. I use chase identity protection to check my credit score anytime and its at about 803. I already got financing with capital one auto finance with 10.25 interest on a loan that I asked for 35k and the insurance will be covered by my father. I obviously didn't put that I made 20k gross in the application for the loan. I dont' have any expenses. I'm 23, I go to school half time and work 80 hours every 2 weeks. My gas is expensed by my employer. I think I can make a $700.00 payment for the car with leftover for whatever is needed... Sorry for the long post

Quick Reply: good for the price?