Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

nice one at sloan....maybe

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts

Thanks Cobalt, that is the only thing I could think of.

I do know of a Signal green 964 (non turbo) here in Fort Collins....

Bill
Old 10-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slownrusty
Can someone educate me on what a $10K S2 option is...

I know you guys are knocking that car and questioning its authenticity and the fact its a S2 converted to turbo etc etc....but I really like it....if the price was negotiable like a mid $40s car it would be a killer buy. The silver and re-paint looks top notch and metallic silver is a beautiful color.

So is Sloan = Barrett-Jackson (for Porsches)....i.e Boiler room operation? Does he actually find buyers for these cars?

Yasin
Yasin,

The S2 was a 965 that was sent to Andial by Porsche and had some modifications done to the engine to produce a few extra ponies. Fuel head mod, etc. There were about 20 or so produced. It was kind of an early X50 package but done by an outside vendor. This makes it a rare beast.

Sloan operates a legitimate operation, just very questionable descriptions of his product. You just have to do you research when buying a car from him. He makes a rusty nail seem like an exclusive item.

Craig
Old 10-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 898 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Wow,

Sorry to step out of bounds on this one. But the story I heard was, he said he was doing a 9/11 widow a favor and is trying to sell it for her. That the car was being sold on consignment and has sat since 9/11. Either this is a different car or someone has some splainin to do. Hey Lucy whats up????
Anthony, same story I heard so that must have been the same car I saw 2 years ago.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 898 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Y65MPH
Yasin,

Sloan operates a legitimate operation, just very questionable descriptions of his product. You just have to do you research when buying a car from him. He makes a rusty nail seem like an exclusive item.

Craig
+1
Old 10-24-2007, 10:20 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Y65MPH
Yasin,

The S2 was a 965 that was sent to Andial by Porsche and had some modifications done to the engine to produce a few extra ponies. Fuel head mod, etc. There were about 20 or so produced. It was kind of an early X50 package but done by an outside vendor. This makes it a rare beast.

Craig
To add to what Craig said. Technically Andial was an extension of Porsche here in the US. Porsche needed to make these cars competitive for the SCCA World Challenge series of the time so they needed to produce 20 cars using this engine modification for public consumption for homolgation allowing the same modifications to be used in the race series. So the option was offered, and from what I hear at a loss, to a few customers. These cars came over as stock turbos and then the engines were removed and reassembled by Andial. This was done here vs at the factory to circumvent any additional smog testing that would have been required if they were modified at the factory. Tricky but effective.

Unfortunately, as said before once the engine was touched any value associated with it being an S2 was lost. Although if you like the car and the work was done properly it could be a nice driver for the right price.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:34 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Yasin

Quick Reply: nice one at sloan....maybe