Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

nice one at sloan....maybe

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:48 PM
993dreamer
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SA Mike - I called Ray to buy your signal green 3.6 one day after you bought it from him. I love it. Nice purchase, unique car. If you ever feel like selling...
Old 10-23-2007, 10:20 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ag02M5
Did you decide to keep it BTW? Hope to see it on the road (or track) some day.
It will probably end up back at Ray's. He's got a couple of cars that I am interested in.

Last edited by SA Mike; 10-23-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,361 Posts

hard to tell how many are out there in any color. Porsche never kept great records and are stingy on releasing this info.

Even with inside contacts the information is sketchy at best. I had someone check cobalt for me and the info I got back was more like "yeah the info you have appears to be correct". So AFAIK there are 2 Cobalt 94's. Another may pop up but I doubt it.

What I had learned is nearly 260 94 turbos were painted black (not sure if this includes metallic blacks also) with about 100 in red or white. This leaves a small % of cars painted in special order and or other standard colors. Although there were a few paint to sample cars. Again this info was very loosely based although it originated from someone who claimed to have inside contacts.

Basically any color other than black, red or white should be considered rare. So unless we can start a registry and get most of the cars listed it would be hard to tell how many of each were actually made.

As far as the car from Sloan. The info I have is the car is a real S2 converted later which takes away any provenance the car had. (quite a shame actually)

I do know the car had been completely repainted when the conversion took place and although interesting, I agree it is nothing more now than another converted turbo in a unique color.

I think the car looks strange without a front crest, kind of naked. and I am not liking the painted wiper arms, as you know they will end up chipping. I find it strange that the car would need a complete respray with such few miles.

This car needs to be thoroughly researched and inspected before anyone makes a move on it.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Y65MPH
Pro

Originally Posted by ddavis
trust me. Richard doesn't under price anything. he knows the market.
He knows the "market" if you happen to be a sucker that buys into his BS!!!

This car is a totally re-painted **** can. Gulf Performance rebuilt this toilet and now Mr. Sloan is representing it as a front line piece. I guess his clients are not very smart.

It is not Zermat silver. I think the guy had it repaint a Mercedes Benz silver from what I remember. Once again this joker is wrong as usual.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 AM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

That's a nice slam Craig

Did you guys have your first child?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Y65MPH
Pro

Originally Posted by dholling13
That's a nice slam Craig

Did you guys have your first child?

Yes, Drew. Baby boy. Lots of fun..not Porsche fun, but fun.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:12 PM
riverflyer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Y65MPH
He knows the "market" if you happen to be a sucker that buys into his BS!!!

This car is a totally re-painted **** can. Gulf Performance rebuilt this toilet and now Mr. Sloan is representing it as a front line piece. I guess his clients are not very smart.

It is not Zermat silver. I think the guy had it repaint a Mercedes Benz silver from what I remember. Once again this joker is wrong as usual.

Hmmm, not a big Mr. Sloan fan eh?!
Have you seen the car in person? or have history with it?
Congrats on the new addition. Actually kids are a lot like older cars, really fun, really frustrating and always full of the unexptected. Now get some sleep while you can!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:23 PM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

Congrats Craig!!! Maybe the lack of sleep is affecting your mood when posting; no its probably Sloan
Old 10-23-2007, 01:10 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dholling13
Congrats Craig!!! Maybe the lack of sleep is affecting your mood when posting; no its probably Sloan
Can you believe it, he tells me his son sleeps.

It took my son 7 years before he slept more than 2 hours in a row. Never napped a day and the more tired he became the more energized. No 2 are the same but just remember little kids little problems big kids.... well he'll figure it out.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Thanks guys for the kind words.

As for Sloan, I saw this car for sale recently by the owner would did all the work to it and he was very upfront. Then Sloan gets his hands on it and does not describe the car even close to what it is. S2 maybe, but that does not change the fact that there is nothing original about this car. Very frustrating.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Y65MPH
Thanks guys for the kind words.

As for Sloan, I saw this car for sale recently by the owner would did all the work to it and he was very upfront. Then Sloan gets his hands on it and does not describe the car even close to what it is. S2 maybe, but that does not change the fact that there is nothing original about this car. Very frustrating.
Wow,

Sorry to step out of bounds on this one. But the story I heard was, he said he was doing a 9/11 widow a favor and is trying to sell it for her. That the car was being sold on consignment and has sat since 9/11. Either this is a different car or someone has some splainin to do. Hey Lucy whats up????
Old 10-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Funny thing about this car was as you (Anthony) mentioned the wiper arms are painted, but so are the door handles. That is why I remember it. Buy the way when I say "guy" I mean the person representing the car, I am not sure if it was the actual owner or estate of the owner.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts

Seriously, electric ride height, what is that all about?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Colorado964turbo
Seriously, electric ride height, what is that all about?
I think the electric height adjustment was regarding the race style sport seats. I think he means factory sport seats with standard electric height adjustment as they all came that way. I especially like the way he is pushing the $10k S2 option which no longer is part of this car since it has been modified
Old 10-23-2007, 05:25 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Can someone educate me on what a $10K S2 option is...

I know you guys are knocking that car and questioning its authenticity and the fact its a S2 converted to turbo etc etc....but I really like it....if the price was negotiable like a mid $40s car it would be a killer buy. The silver and re-paint looks top notch and metallic silver is a beautiful color.

So is Sloan = Barrett-Jackson (for Porsches)....i.e Boiler room operation? Does he actually find buyers for these cars?

Yasin

Quick Reply: nice one at sloan....maybe