Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

WTB Turbo S wing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007 | 11:06 AM
tjr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Flachbau
These are 3.8RS part numbers and were never on the PET.
Thanks for the info. Are they are still available?
Old 05-18-2007 | 11:47 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cobalt
Leave it to Mark to have the answers. Wonder if these are worth more to the right person? I wish I took pictures of or saved the numbers, would be curious to see how they differ.
There should be a part number stamped on the inside of each tray. I believe these trays were all made by the same subcontractor so they should be there. It would be interesting to get those part numbers (doesn't take much to pull these off of the car .. hint hint )

Probably are worth more to the right person if they are no longer made. If you get me the part numbers I will order a pair from the factory and see what happens.
Old 05-18-2007 | 11:50 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tjr
Thanks for the info. Are they are still available?
Yes. You can try your local dealer but definitely through Porsche Motorsports or direct from the factory exclusive parts dept. (you must know someone there to get them from the factory though).
Old 05-18-2007 | 11:53 AM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

I'd like a set with the extra vents. It gets a bit warm in Houston.

A bit OT but has anyone gone to a front mount oil cooler?

RT
Old 05-18-2007 | 12:00 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

There should be a part number stamped on the inside of each tray. I believe these trays were all made by the same subcontractor so they should be there. It would be interesting to get those part numbers (doesn't take much to pull these off of the car .. hint hint )

Probably are worth more to the right person if they are no longer made. If you get me the part numbers I will order a pair from the factory and see what happens.
There is a number stamped on the inside, however there were 2 stickers on each piece that showed a different part number. Typical Porsche factory label. I didn't think anything of it at the time and I removed the sticker and part number and never retained it. The sticker was placed over the louvers otherwise I would have left it in place. I am assuming the number molded into the pieces is identical to the ones you have and when they modified them with the louvers they changed the part number and used a sticker to show the change. IIRC when I purchased them the seller insisted they cost him over $600 from the factory and were NLA which I believed not to be true. I informed him they were still available and offered him $350 and he reluctantly accepted.
Old 05-18-2007 | 12:05 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ag02M5

RT

The oil cooler is mounted on the inside right front fender. I have heard of some people doubling up on these running 2 back to back adding additional cooling. The Turbo S's had an auxiliary cooler also. Mark would know best but IIRC it was long and thin and ran across the front of the car by the lower vents.
Old 05-18-2007 | 12:22 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

RT
For 'normal' use (which includes fast street driving) it shouldn't be necessary and at idle it would do no good at all as it has no fan. So unless your car is running very very hot under non-track conditions I wouldn't bother with it. Your car should not run that hot under normal driving conditions and if it is I would be more concerned with why it is running that hot (fixing the disease) v. worrying about cooling it (fixing the symptom).
Old 05-18-2007 | 12:25 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

I am assuming the number molded into the pieces is identical to the ones you have and when they modified them with the louvers they changed the part number and used a sticker to show the change.
May or may not be ... only one way to find out and that is to pull one of them off ... I can lend you a phillips if you need it ...
Old 05-18-2007 | 01:12 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

RT
I have installed a 993 turbo S front-mount oil cooler and in Cyprus' hot climate and high temps it has made a hell of a diiference to the engine's oil operating temperature, especially during very spirited driving.
Old 05-18-2007 | 01:40 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

May or may not be ... only one way to find out and that is to pull one of them off ... I can lend you a phillips if you need it ...

Persistent aren't we.

No problem, but it will have to wait until next weekend. I still have to adjust my sway bar and harnesses for tomorrows Metro NY vs NNJR chapter of the PCA AX and a car control clinic on Sunday followed by my nieces' Bday party.

I am planning on spending next weekend installing my blue seat belts and Sportster CS seats in the car so while I am at it I can drop them quickly enough.
Old 05-19-2007 | 11:44 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Persistent aren't we.

No problem, but it will have to wait until next weekend. I still have to adjust my sway bar and harnesses for tomorrows Metro NY vs NNJR chapter of the PCA AX and a car control clinic on Sunday followed by my nieces' Bday party.

I am planning on spending next weekend installing my blue seat belts and Sportster CS seats in the car so while I am at it I can drop them quickly enough.
Sounds like a lot of driving fun this weekend. I give you prop's for how you use your car. You are a true Porschephile .. drive the car to the event - race it - drive it home

As to the splitters, thanks ... I look forward to the result
Old 05-21-2007 | 04:30 PM
Megatron-UK
Burning Brakes

Are these the same things as the 3.8RS / 3.6 Turbo S splitters? ....

http://www.design911.co.uk/spoilers_964A.htm

Old 05-21-2007 | 04:49 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Megatron-UK
Are these the same things as the 3.8RS / 3.6 Turbo S splitters? ....

http://www.design911.co.uk/spoilers_964A.htm

No these are tech art or tech art copies of the front splitters. Don't look anything like the factory units.

I have these on my C2 not very good pictures but the best I have.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: WTB Turbo S wing?