964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
The differences in the turbo front suspension mouting point necessitates a sway bar that is wider by an equal amount (about 25mm per side) to work correctly. The RSR bar from a 993 is 24mm and will work, that is what is on my car. The H&R bars that Elliot bought are for a narrow body and when installed in a widebody will cause the end links to at an excessive angle and bind making the sway bar infinately large. The proper end links are the RS end links mentioned above.

Elliot, are you still running the narrow body front suspension setup on your turbo when I drove it?
Hi Geoffry,
I plan on moving it out to the outboard holes as you showed me. The front controll arrms have monoballs. right now it has the RSA front bar (NB).
I have been waitng for the H&R bars for C-2 turbo.but they havn't delivered.
What difference is it between the 993 RSR set up and H&R.
Where is the best place to get them?
Are they adjustable?
Do I change the rear also or use the stock 3.6T rear bar?
I have the rear monoballs and spring plates from ERP ready to install as soon as I get the right bars.
BTW the oversteering condition you felt on the left hander at LRP got much worse it seems to be an alighnment issue ...nothing seems loose. once we change all the bushings and set ti up i hope it will be OK.
Thanks
Elliot
Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

geoffry.
Are these the right ones?
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1194800907.jpg
Elliot
Old 11-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Elliot, those are not the RS drop links. They might work, but I have never put something that ugly on a track car. They are shaped that way to accomodate the C4 front drive axle.

I was not aware that H&R was making turbo specifc bars so I can't comment on them. The RSR front bar is 24mm with 5 positions of adjustment. You need to spend some time at the track working out the suspension settings, I don't know for your car what will work and what won't. It depends on your specific setup.

Quick Reply: Sway bars