964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Not starting need some ignition advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Miles965uk
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey John,
I gave up on my mechanic giving it to some guy who is a reteried electronics expert- and as he has been reteried I dont think he is in a rush. I dont think there are any dealers to repair it but when you buy one for 1500GBP they want it in exchange... so they MUST repair it. but whats the point when it could go wrong again.
So instead I have bought a megasquirt ECU and just buying a toothed pulley to run a signal to the ECU and run ignition like that. I am also getting rid of the dizzy and going to use a wasted spark setup for a better spark and cheaper replacement parts!- I can then also take it to the dyno and get the timing properely tuned.

Jeez I posted that in october! didnt realise my car had been off the road so long oh well
Old 02-14-2006, 07:05 PM
CarjCapt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We went through somewhat the same problem with our 91 911 turbo. Very poor running, quiting while driving, just a huge major headache.

After a month we gave up and bought a new EZ69 and that didn't fix it.

What we finally found was the ignition pickup on the flywheel out of tolerance. It would run when cold then when fully warmed up it would run rough or quit. Adjusted it and it works great.

Both EZ69s work fine...we put the new one in and have a used EZ69 on my work bench.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:58 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarjCapt
Both EZ69s work fine...we put the new one in and have a used EZ69 on my work bench.
Hello there, as I have starting a problem with my car (which has been sitting at the Porsche Centre for almost three weeks), they think I need a new EZ69, so, do you still have the second EZ69, and would you consider selling it?

Looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Best regards

Emilios

Quick Reply: Not starting need some ignition advice