92 911 S2 FISH

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 911 S2 FISH

Gents,

An alleged 92 911 S2 was recently listed for sale in Va. by a lamborghini dealer. I inquired about the vehicle at the time and thought I had rested on my handsfor too long when the car ultimately was sold a short time after the ebay auction had ended.

Well - with a bit of surprise, I noted that the vehicle is again for sale, however, in the month or so since the car was purchased, the new owner (a dealer located not far from the lamborghini dealer) is now listing the vehicle as a 92 Turbo S and has since removed the S2 badge from the rear of the car and replaced it with the Turbo S designation. Me smells something fishy with this car and maybe I should be happy I did not buy the car???? And yes, by the way, the car has a NA VIN and not a European VIN as you would expect with a Turbo S. Additionally, the car does not have the Turbo S wheels or rear wheel vents depicted in Adrian's book (P.35).

If the car was a legitimate 911 S2, given thier rarity, I would not think that anyone, (who has read, or has access to Adrian's book "Porsche 911 - Enthusiast's Companion") who has a bit of knowledge about these cars would change the designation on a car with a NA VIN, especially to a car that was not sold in the US. The lamborghini dealer and the new dealer have a copy of an alleged PCNA certificate of authenticity for the vehicle, but Adrian says this document is relatively easily forged.

Any thoughts about this fish???? Much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would check with Mark at www.flachbau.com
He's the man.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:40 AM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was no 1992 Turbo S like the flachbau from 1994. The S2 was part of a homologation of the 964 Turbo used for racing. If you search the archives, you will find the discussion on this. The Speedline wheels and sculptured vents in the rear quarter panel didn't appear until the 1994 Turbo S.

I can not imagine why the rear designation would be changed - I can only imagine the new owner is confused about the car. The S2 is a much rarer car, but it doesn't command anywhere near the same price as the Turbo S.

What does the COA say? S2 or Turbo S?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:56 AM
VinnyC
Racer

When I saw it on Ebay, it did not look like a Turbo S.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:01 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,300 Posts

Originally Posted by JBH
There was no 1992 Turbo S like the flachbau from 1994. The S2 was part of a homologation of the 964 Turbo used for racing. If you search the archives, you will find the discussion on this. The Speedline wheels and sculptured vents in the rear quarter panel didn't appear until the 1994 Turbo S.

I can not imagine why the rear designation would be changed - I can only imagine the new owner is confused about the car. The S2 is a much rarer car, but it doesn't command anywhere near the same price as the Turbo S.

What does the COA say? S2 or Turbo S?

There has been quite a number of threads regarding these cars. you may try doing a search. There were 20 cars made out of stock 964 turbos by Andial. The cars were shipped to them and then upgraded to the S2 specs. You may try contacting Andial with the vin number to check. There are a couple of S2 owners on this board, maybe they will be willing to help. Documentation from Andial should accompnay the car otherwise I would be leary. Although I have heard of fakes out there with false paperwork.

Here is a pic of one I saw the otehr day.
Attached Images   
Old 05-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anthony,

What exaclt did Andial do to these 20 cars? what sorta mods? sorry to rob this thread.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Instructor

Thanks for replies. I have read all the posts on this board (via search) and many others on the internet.

The alleged COA reads:

1992 911 Turbo S2 Coupe (Question here - is this correct, should it read 911 Turbo THEN later list the S2 as an option?)
Later the COA indicates that the options as Supple Leather Seats, US Emission, Electric Sliding Sunroof, Ornamental Rim Caps with colored Porsche Crest AND Porsche 911 Turbo S2.

Isn't this presentation a bit redundant ???(List the car as a 1992 911 Turbo S2 Coupe and then list the option as 1992 911 Turbo S2)?

........rear NOW says it's a Turbo S......

I can't imagine why the dealer would be confused if his COA says its an S2????????? I guess he just wants to call it a Turbo S.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:47 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,300 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Thanks for replies. I have read all the posts on this board (via search) and many others on the internet.

The alleged COA reads:

1992 911 Turbo S2 Coupe (Question here - is this correct, should it read 911 Turbo THEN later list the S2 as an option?)
Later the COA indicates that the options as Supple Leather Seats, US Emission, Electric Sliding Sunroof, Ornamental Rim Caps with colored Porsche Crest AND Porsche 911 Turbo S2.

Isn't this presentation a bit redundant ???(List the car as a 1992 911 Turbo S2 Coupe and then list the option as 1992 911 Turbo S2)?

........rear NOW says it's a Turbo S......

I can't imagine why the dealer would be confused if his COA says its an S2????????? I guess he just wants to call it a Turbo S.
You have a very valid point. I would try calling PCNA at 1-800-767-7243. If you have the vin number they can be very helpfull sometimes.

Sameer, i do not recall the extent of the mods. I believe Andial replaced the cams amongst a few other items, installed additional oil cooling front S spoiler and may have increased boost pressure . The hp was increased to something like 381 vs the stock 320.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gents,
Well - with a bit of surprise, I noted that the vehicle is again for sale, however, in the month or so since the car was purchased, the new owner (a dealer located not far from the lamborghini dealer) is now listing the vehicle as a 92 Turbo S and has since removed the S2 badge from the rear of the car and replaced it with the Turbo S designation.
Why don't you call them, ask for an explanation and see what they say?
Old 05-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gents,
Well - with a bit of surprise, I noted that the vehicle is again for sale, however, in the month or so since the car was purchased, the new owner (a dealer located not far from the lamborghini dealer) is now listing the vehicle as a 92 Turbo S and has since removed the S2 badge from the rear of the car and replaced it with the Turbo S designation.
Why don't you call them, ask for an explanation and see what they say?
Old 05-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Instructor

Flachbau,

I've had one conversation with the new dealer. Suffice it to say there was a bit of divergence with respect to the knowledge of these cars (Me v. Dealer)...

I probably would have been better off calling myself..............but that's really not possible........

Hence - I've raised the topic here.....WITH THE EXPERTS...........INPUT HERE IS INVALUABLE......
Old 05-06-2005, 06:33 PM
nhfl
5th Gear

If you have the VIN I can let you know if it is on the list I have from Champion. I have the original sticker and you are correct about the break down as an option. Good luck it is a fun rocket.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Instructor

nhfl,

Thanks. Here's the VIN #WPOAA296XNS480063

Have at it.

MUCH appreciated.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:09 AM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info Anthony - that should set the record straight on their origin. Anyone remember the price the car reached on eBay?

That S2 looks great in white. Interesting, it has B&B exhaust.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:13 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 812 Likes on 413 Posts

Anthony, is this David's car?

Quick Reply: 92 911 S2 FISH