964 Door Pocket Attachment Reinforcement

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 10:42 PM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 964 Shoulder and Flat Door Pocket Reinforcements

964 Shoulder and Flat Door Pocket Reinforcements
Next ship date will be Friday March 30th.
If you are interested in a set of 964 Shoulder or Flat door pocket reinforcements (See DIY instructions in post #2):
  • First - You post to this thread and indicate Shoulder or Flat. Click here to determine Shoulder or Flat.
  • Second - You follow up with a PM to me that indicates 964 (yes, that's important) and which version you need (Shoulder or Flat) along with your name and mailing address.
  • After you complete the 2 steps above, I will PM you a link for paying with PayPal. Use a browser (not one of the mobile apps) to view this PM because links in PMs are disabled by the mobile apps.
If I receive your PayPal by 8PM CST on the Wednesday before the ship date, your item will ship on the Friday ship date.
$12 per set for the 964. This includes shipping to the US via USPS. Shipping to Canada adds $10. PM me first if you are not in the US or Canada.
No items get shipped until PayPal received.

Current list of members for 964 door pocket reinforcements:
  • Marine Blue - Flat - PayPal received
  • BGLeduc - 2 Flat - PayPal received
BTB
Old 03-18-2018, 01:24 AM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Next ship date will be Friday March 30th.
If you are interested in a set of 964 Shoulder or Flat door pocket reinforcements (See DIY instructions in post #2):
  • First - You post to this thread and indicate Shoulder or Flat. Click here to determine Shoulder or Flat.
  • Second - You follow up with a PM to me that indicates 964 (yes, that's important) and which version you need (Shoulder or Flat) along with your name and mailing address.
  • After you complete the 2 steps above, I will PM you a link for paying with PayPal. Use a browser (not one of the mobile apps) to view this PM because links in PMs are disabled by the mobile apps.
If I receive your PayPal by 8PM CST on the Wednesday before the ship date, your item will ship on the Friday ship date.
$12 per set for the 964. This includes shipping to the US via USPS. Shipping to Canada adds $10. PM me first if you are not in the US or Canada.

• Marine Blue - Flat - PayPal received
  • BGLeduc - 2 Flat - PayPal received
BTB
Old 03-28-2018, 11:46 PM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Default 964 Door Pocket Reinforcements Shipped Out

964 door pocket reinforcements for the following Rennlisters shipped out this morning.
These should arrive early next week
Post a picture when you get them installed!
  1. Marine Blue - Flat
  2. BGLeduc - 2 Flat
BTB
Old 03-29-2018, 01:08 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by BesideTheBox
964 door pocket reinforcements for the following Rennlisters shipped out this morning.
  1. Marine Blue - Flat
  2. BGLeduc - 2 Flat
BTB
Thank you!
Old 04-01-2018, 12:45 PM
BGLeduc
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts

1. Marine Blue - Flat
  2. BGLeduc - 2 Flat
BTB
I completed the drivers side this morning.

The process went smoothly, although it took a bit longer due to the fact that I had to clean up a fair bit of epoxy from a previous repair attempt. The only issue I had was that the top screw that goes through the new piece was not long enough to catcth the door handle.

The doors have been apart a few times before and I am pretty sure all the screws are not original. Luckily I found one in my loose hardware that worked perfectly.

The passenger door pocked is now curing, and will go in tomorrow after work.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:02 AM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BGLeduc

I completed the drivers side this morning.

The process went smoothly, although it took a bit longer due to the fact that I had to clean up a fair bit of epoxy from a previous repair attempt. The only issue I had was that the top screw that goes through the new piece was not long enough to catcth the door handle.

The doors have been apart a few times before and I am pretty sure all the screws are not original. Luckily I found one in my loose hardware that worked perfectly.

The passenger door pocked is now curing, and will go in tomorrow after work.
Looks great! Thank you for the pictures.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:31 AM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Next ship date will be Friday May 25th.
$13 per set for the 964. This includes shipping to the US via USPS. Shipping to Canada adds $11. PM me first if you are not in the US or Canada.

• <empty>
BTB
Old 06-03-2018, 08:37 PM
halothane
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

964 Door Pocket Attachment Reinforcements
I've been offering 993 door pocket attachment reinforcements on the 993 forum since April of 2016.
A few members have asked for a 964 version. With the dimensions provided by Pak_37 for a 3D printed reinforcement for the 964, I prototyped a version cut from a flat sheet of ABS plastic.
A local independent Porsche shop had a 964 on hand, so I was able to check fitment (left door pocket in the image below). This pocket is in rough shape, but you can see that the fit will be good when the two pieces are fused together with ABS cement.

If you are interested in a set of 964 door pocket reinforcements:
  • First - Determine the version you need. If your pocket looks like the left door pocket in the picture above, you need the shoulder version. The shoulder matches the zig in the middle of the door pocket attachment area. Otherwise, you need the flat version for an attachment area that has a small dip near the door pocket hinge (on the right in the picture above). The flat version will not have a shoulder cut into it as pictured above.
  • Second - You post to this thread and indicate interest in a set
  • Third - You follow up with a PM to me that indicates 964 (yes, that's important) and which version you need (shoulder or flat) along with your name and mailing address
$13 per set for the 964. This includes shipping to the US via USPS. Add $11 if shipping to Canada. PM me first if you are not in the US or Canada.
If there is interest, I will ship these out once per month, typically the last Friday of the month.

BTB
I would like a set (shoulder version) for my 964.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:29 AM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Default 964 Should and Flat Door Pocket Reinforcements

[size=&quot;4&quot;]964 Shoulder and Flat Door Pocket Reinforcements[/size]
Next ship date will be Friday June 29th.
$13 per set for the 964. This includes shipping to the US via USPS. Shipping to Canada adds $11. PM me first if you are not in the US or Canada.

• halothane - Shoulder - PayPal received
BTB

Last edited by BesideTheBox; 06-07-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: List update
Old 06-29-2018, 09:19 PM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Default 964 Door Pocket Reinforcements Shipped Out

1. halothane - Shoulder
BTB
Old 07-04-2018, 04:15 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pocket repair

i'll take a set 964 shoulder version
Old 07-12-2018, 12:07 AM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Next ship date will be Friday July 27th.

• dutchcrunch - Shoulder - PayPal requested
BTB
Old 07-16-2018, 09:41 AM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Next ship date will be Friday July 27th.

BTB
Old 08-26-2018, 03:22 PM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Next ship date will be Friday August 31st.

BTB
Old 11-01-2018, 01:48 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Next ship date will be Friday August 31st.

BTB
Need one set 964 flat please, thanks

Quick Reply: 964 Door Pocket Attachment Reinforcement