Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 78 Posts

Yes, thanks.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:02 PM
964Luftballoon
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Would anyone here with the fluted lenses be able to share their opinions on the light pattern? I’m doing a pro and con with these and 9elevenheadlights. As I would like to purchase a set of the LED version in the near future.

A friend and fellow rennilister did mention to me the fluted lens may disrupt the light pattern. 9elevenheadligt’s fluted version is clear in front of the projector and across the beam pattern. However, it isn’t very appealing.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:59 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 408 Posts

I have the fluted lenses and haven't experienced any light pattern issues. Very pleased with this plug and play product, and driving at night is a pleasure.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 408 Posts

You can see a comparison with the lights in this thread here. Flat6 Light Pattern
Old 11-26-2018, 02:50 AM
964Luftballoon
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
You can see a comparison with the lights in this thread here. Flat6 Light Pattern
Originally Posted by Foxman
I have the fluted lenses and haven't experienced any light pattern issues. Very pleased with this plug and play product, and driving at night is a pleasure.
Thanks Foxman! That’s exactly the feedback I was looking for. Good to know the lights work well with the fluted lenses. Guess I’ll be placing my order soon. My old eyes will finally see a lot better at night. Thanks again!
Old 11-26-2018, 11:07 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

One of my outer rings popped off and is only being held on by the screw at the bottom. I took everything off and tried to snap the ring back in place so it attaches to the top side of the light underneath, but it doesn't seem to be holding. Considering double sided tape at this point. Anyone have a better idea for me, maybe something I'm overlooking?
Old 01-02-2019, 04:50 PM
Philfred
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat6illumination LEDs OK in Belgium?

Dear 964 friends, I consider headlamp upgrade to François' well documented (and recommended) Flat6illumination LEDs. However, I wonder what this would do to the official regular traffic inspection which is compulsory in Belgium.
Hence my request: anyone with experience for a Porsche 964 (°1991) or similar having upgraded to Flat6 leds? If you wish to contact me directly: philfred@telenet.be
Thanks!
Old 01-26-2019, 08:31 PM
grankin
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the H5-H4 conversion as well, using parts bought from Pelikan. Although the quality of light is much improved over OEM, the various parts making up the conversion are not nearly as robustly-made as the OED 'bucket'. In addition, I re-wired it all next to the battery, so the dash switch switches the relays that now send juice to the lights (which are now 100W paint-melters). The relays are configured so that high beam illuminates ONLY the high beam filaments, not both high & low filaments - in the interest of keeping heat under control in a 25-y-o car's headlights.

Nevertheless, I am more impressed with the illumination I get from the stock Xenon HID headlights on my '08 VW R32. And I am still more impressed with the headlights I have found on the brand-new cars (Honda and Renault) I have rented when in England the past two years.

Consequently, I have watched the latest HID/LED/etc. conversions with interest. Frankly, I don't much like the looks (when dark) of some of them, and prefer something that looks like the original car ... until it is dark out & the lights are on. So will keep watching.

Quick Reply: Headlight upgrade: Flat6 Illumination