Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
jgtennant75 (06-13-2020)
Old 12-04-2017, 04:56 PM
muneebk
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dukmon,
Those look truly incredible. I have a black 94 C4 WB and have been hesitant to depart from all stock but your lights look fantastic. Is this the Flat 6 Illumination LED, clear lens, and glossy rings?

--moe
Old 12-04-2017, 05:00 PM
salty87
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Any tricks to the install?...for a first timer messing with headlights?

Flat 6 LED, fluted lenses, black reflectors & rings itching to get out of their delivery box.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:01 PM
dukmon
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

All correct except they're Bi-Xenon, not LED. I have to admit though, the lower kelvin rating for the Bi-Xenon is still pretty white/blue, not exactly the color I was hoping for. Don't get me wrong, the color is just fine and certainly the same as most modern car headlights. I was just hoping for a new school look with old school colors.

So.....

LED's are plug and play. If I had to buy again I'd go the plug and play route.

The craftsmanship of the lamps is great. I'm still please with them.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Peteinjp
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by dukmon
All correct except they're Bi-Xenon, not LED. I have to admit though, the lower kelvin rating for the Bi-Xenon is still pretty white/blue, not exactly the color I was hoping for. Don't get me wrong, the color is just fine and certainly the same as most modern car headlights. I was just hoping for a new school look with old school colors.

So.....

LED's are plug and play. If I had to buy again I'd go the plug and play route.

The craftsmanship of the lamps is great. I'm still please with them.
So for you Bi-xenon (4300K?) Still on the modern side in terms of the color. I also would prefer the warmer color but with my H4 I i'm having a hard time seeing at night.
Why would you go with LED? Is it simply the installation or there some quality to the light that you prefer?

I wonder if anybody can comment about the beam pattern relative to H4's. I'm really hoping for something it will have a broader beam so I can see just a little further around corners at night.

otherwise I might just have to break out these bad boys:

Hella rally 4000 cornering beams

Pete
Old 12-04-2017, 06:54 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by salty87
Any tricks to the install?...for a first timer messing with headlights?

Flat 6 LED, fluted lenses, black reflectors & rings itching to get out of their delivery box.
Hardest part is getting the rubber gasket all around. I had to get my three year old to hold the top for me. LOL
Second hardest part is seating the screw into the tab under the light when you're all done. You have to insert it a little more "shallow" than you would think. Shine a light in the trim ring hole to see where the tab hole is. I'm an idiot with this kind of stuff though.

So yeah... it's really easy.

I couldn't be any happier with my purchase. Reasonably priced compared to alternatives and the look with painted trim rings to match is awesome IMO.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:05 AM
dukmon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Peteinjp
So for you Bi-xenon (4300K?) Still on the modern side in terms of the color. I also would prefer the warmer color but with my H4 I i'm having a hard time seeing at night.
Why would you go with LED? Is it simply the installation or there some quality to the light that you prefer?

Pete
It's my understanding the LED is just as bright as the Bi-Xenon's but are plug and play versus installing relays/wiring harness/etc. for the Bi-Xenon. I simply do not have the time to do that myself, so I had my mechanic do the install. With the LED's, I would have had time to do the install myself, saving some coin.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:48 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

what are we talking about roughly for the plug n play LED option - the website doesn't have much detail - the product looks great though
Old 12-07-2017, 10:12 AM
dukmon
Rennlist Member

Here is some info and diagrams for both scenarios (hope the scanned documents post horizontally.) A thorough set of installation instructions were included with the purchase.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:39 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
what are we talking about roughly for the plug n play LED option - the website doesn't have much detail - the product looks great though
$800 plus shipping from Canada. I thought it was a great price for what I got personally.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:08 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 137 Posts

I installed a set a couple of weeks ago. Good service from Francois.

I've done two DIY kits before using stuff from theretrofitsource.com -- one on my 2015 Tundra and on my son's 2005 Subaru Legacy.

The kit from Francois is pretty good. I'm very picky about making sure the beams are level. I had to rotate both projectors about 1 - 2 degrees. Probably every car and install will be a bit different.

I'm also picky about where the hotspot is located. On my Tundra, using Morimoto projectors, the hotspot was perfect -- about where the stepped cutoff is. On the Subaru, the hotspot was too low.

On the 964 kit, the spot is a bit too low out of the box. There is a LOT of play between the H1 bulb and the base. Francois sent me a set of threaded spacers that have improved things a bit but I still need to spend an evening moving the bulb around in the base to get the position of the hot spot finalized.

Probably most people would be happy with the install out of the box...

And yes, the gasket around the light is a major PITA.

I'll try to post pics later.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:12 PM
dannyg000
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my version. Black reflectors and fluted lenses. Flat6 rocks. Great to deal with.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:32 PM
Altex121
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Old 04-05-2018, 06:03 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

^^ wow thats hawt! also the flat6?

Quick Reply: Headlight upgrade: Flat6 Illumination