Removing accelerometer

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 03:55 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Removing accelerometer

Hi,
Ages ago, I used to have a problem with my ABS cutting in way too early - and releasing the brakes way too much. JZM fixed it by removing / cleaning out the Longditudinal accelerometer.

Over the last few weeks it's felt to me like my ABS is ocassionally cutting in a little early again - although nothing like the problem I had before. It could be because the weather has cooled down but I want to check and clean out the accelerometer again just to be sure.

I know where it is - and if I remove the flap in the transmission tunnel I can see it. But from memory, it didn't look like it was very easy to remove it from there.

I know that after I posted about this when JZM fixed it, a number of people cleaned their's out. So - how did you remove it in the first place? Can I get it out via the flap in the side of the transmission tunnel or is there another way?
Old 11-06-2003, 12:38 PM
CraigyB

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm waiting with baited breath for this one aswell.
On my rhd car, a, I right in thinking the flap is just about where by left knee would be ?
Old 11-06-2003, 01:04 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Yes, it is.

I just did it actually - you can get to the longditudinal one if you use one of the bits to a screw driver then turn it with a spanner. Latitude one would be harder - but I took the cover off and it looked OK anyway.

Both my sensors were moving freely still. I think maybe the longditudinal one might occasionally be affected because I wired the power to my camera detector through the switch on this panel. I will move it over the weekend to somewhere else I think.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is this how other folks removed theirs?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

I took a phillips bit this morning ande found good space on the near side screw, but not above the far side screw!! How do you remove it? I am thinking there is an easier way that I am simply overlooking...?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Still wrestling with this. Any input to the process is appreciated!
Old 11-22-2005, 05:49 AM
DaveK
Race Car

I did do it that way - but there wasn't much room. I don't think there is a way to gain more space.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:53 AM
tokoro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down accelerometer

The worst thing to do very dificult to remove it, but possible I open it but it was ok I just un dust it with some compress air but both where ok. later i cleaned the wheel speed sensors and now when i turn on there is no problem but when i start driving at 20mph the pdas and antilock light turn un i dont know what can be causing this. im working on it, i start this because everytime i press the brakes it lock the tires and flat spot my tires.

Quick Reply: Removing accelerometer