Sponsored by:

heel toe and stock pedal box

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 10:43 AM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 431 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by robt964
^ the issue with adjusting this to move the pedal out more is that it increases the throw of the pedal before it hits the end stop. This results in strain being taken by the throttle cable and the throttle body. This screw is used to adjust the pedal so that with it flat against the end stop the throttle is fully open without the mech being under strain. What you should be doing is padding out the pedal to move the contact point.
Agreed. This is why I and all the guy's in my garage have aftermarket adjustable pedals . I have Hargett, they all have the rennline pedal.

Other guys I know have an overlay with spacers.

But---my suggestion was only for "if you need to move the pedal and want to spend zero" - there is the answer. Not ideal. But that's a way to get it done.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:01 AM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

ah. got it. I don't mind spending money to do it right. Sounds like rennline is the only available pedal. I'll buy it and space it out.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:59 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by robt964
^ the issue with adjusting this to move the pedal out more is that it increases the throw of the pedal before it hits the end stop. This results in strain being taken by the throttle cable and the throttle body. This screw is used to adjust the pedal so that with it flat against the end stop the throttle is fully open without the mech being under strain. What you should be doing is padding out the pedal to move the contact point.
I was wondering if something like this would happen, the more I spaced it out the more I was semi concerned. Guess I'll just buy some spacers at home depot and adjust it back. Took a look at the rennline pedal real quick and felt my wallet jump out the window.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:04 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 431 Likes on 279 Posts

If you are worried about pedal throw, add a bigger pedal stop. Done

Quick Reply: heel toe and stock pedal box