Sponsored by:

Pedal Pads... Looking to add to my gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 03:41 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pedal Pads... Looking to add to my gas pedal

Guys. I don't know if it is my specific car, or the Porsche setup, but my ankle can't role far enough to bleep the gas effectively when toe heeling.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find a pad to add on top of the gas pedal to make it reachable.

I did a search in the archive but found nothing good.

Thanks again!

Greg
Old 09-25-2003, 03:55 PM
91C2wrencher
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Wings Engineering, sorry no link i could find or rennline.com

Old 09-25-2003, 04:03 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also look at the AJ-USA pedals - while the gas pedal is not as pronounced as the Wings pedal, a lot of folks think these are the best after-market pedals (I've no affiliation and bought Rennline for my pedals which I regret!!)
Old 09-25-2003, 04:03 PM
91C2wrencher
Racer

wings engineering 203-438-2222 Conneticut USA, I've got their original "narrow" pedal plate it works dandy.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:50 PM
C4TT
Pro

What I am looking to do is add about half an inch to my gas pedal, so that it simply sits higher in proportion to the brake pedal.. This way, I don't have to role down as far, to bleep the gas...
Old 09-25-2003, 05:15 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the Wing pedal is just the ticket. It's actually comprised of two pieces. The top one is the big, vented metallic plate which meets the sole of your shoe. Underneath, there's a subframe with clips to the top and lower sides of your stock pedal. Between both pieces are adjustment screws which allow you to raise the gas pedal to the exact height you desire.

Money well spent!
Old 09-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Another vote for the Wings pedal here.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:28 AM
JohnH
4th Gear

Hi Greg. I had the Wings pedal (that was adjustable) in my previously owned 964 Cup Car. While it was a very well made product, I felt that the way it mounted to the pedal (via a clamping bracket) made the gas pedal flex a bit too much. Don't get me wrong, it served its purpose fine, it just made things feel a bit too loose IMHO.

What I've seen a few people (including racers) do is simply cut a piece of wood or plywood that is the right thickness for you into a shape that is similar to the Wings (with the heel-and-toe extension on the left) and simply screw it through the gas pedal. I drove an RSA like that before and the gas pedal felt more solid.

Doesn't quite have the "cool" factor though!

Regards,

John
Old 09-26-2003, 11:27 AM
9sixty4
Addict
Rennlist Member

The height of the brake pedal can be adjusted. I lowered mine just to the point that the brake light switch would still actuate the brake lights.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:31 AM
C4TT
Pro

9sixty4,
How do you adjust the brake pedal???

JohnH,
Maybe I can varnish the wood, and go for that look...
How does it work then... "put the wood to the metal?"
Old 09-26-2003, 11:53 AM
JohnH
4th Gear

Only problem with the wood is that it can get slippery when wet. Most people put that traction tape on it (looks like gritty sandpaper) but this might not be a good idea if you wear nice shoes and heel/toe!
Old 09-26-2003, 12:03 PM
9sixty4
Addict
Rennlist Member

You need to remove the floorboard around the pedal cluster. Take out the carpet and you will see the floorboard. It attaches with small screws. The only difficult screw to remove is under the gas pedal. To get to that screw I needed to release the gas pedal from it’s actuating rod. You might be able to get to that screw without removing the gas pedal but I couldn’t. Once the floorboard is out you will see the actuating rod that goes through the firewall to the brake master cylinder. This is the rod you can adjust to lower the brake pedal. You will also need to adjust the brake light switch after you lower the brake pedal.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:28 PM
oldtimer
Racer

I made a gas pedal add-on from one of my son's skate boards!
Skate boards are strong plywood - just the right thickness and surfaced with a black grit non slip finish. They are already drilled for 2 axle mounting plates, each with a 4 bolt fixing. The standard bolting pattern fits snugly over the standard plastic 964 gas pedal cover. So just cut whatever shape size you need centered on one of the axle plate mountings from an old skateboard. Just need a couple of straps fashioned from thin plate / aluminum / nylon to run behind the pedal to produce a no drilling/ no marking/removable bolt on pedal plate for heel & toe heaven !
Old 09-28-2003, 11:25 AM
John52
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first thing I did when I bought my 92 C2 was to raise the gas pedal. There is an adjustable threaded rod on the back of the pedal. I was able to raise the pedal to where it felt comfortable to me and still have lots of thread left so that I was not worried about excess strain on the rod ends.
About a 10 minute job.
It has been this way for 12 years now and no problems.

Quick Reply: Pedal Pads... Looking to add to my gas pedal