Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very few 964's in California............

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Very few 964's in California............

Hi,

I noticed during my stay in California that there are just a few 964's on the road.

I visited toghether with Randall Granaas and a lot of 993 guys and 996 guys the German Autofest in Ventura, Went to Andail Porsche in Santa Ana, also to Porsche Motorsport North America and did the 'Garage Tour' from the PCA, Orange County. Thanks Pete Lech for the last part!
Went also to al couple of Dealers as Newport Beach Auto Center, so I saw a lot of Porsche's in the area.

So the only thing I can say, People who have a 964 in California, be proud on your lovely car, there not much out there!

I had a discussion with Randall the other day about buying a other brand car. I said to him "don't do that, keep the Porsche, even if you have it so long, be happy with it, I think you will hate yourself after a few weeks when you would sell it!"
So I hope he keeps it, we did the window regulator repair on last Sunday, so that problem is solved than.

Adrian told us before that a very few 964's came to the States, but see a 964 driving out here is nice, there is a great difference to all the 993's out here.

O.k. Now I am going to LAX to catch my flight.
Hope to come here back soon, I loved it.

Old 09-23-2003, 07:24 PM
TMH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, we're one of the 964 owners in California (Bay Area), and if my wife doesn't get that car out on the road more often then I might have to take it away from her!

Glad you had a nice visit to the States, and safe trip home.

Tom
Old 09-23-2003, 08:09 PM
MelissaM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Arjan,

Glad you had a great time in California! Next time you come out, hopefully you'll be able to make it up to Northern California. In fact, I think a Rennlist Caravan from SoCal to Northern California via Hwy 1 is in order!

My 964 is within 20 miles of the 100,000 milestone, and it's done most of those miles in California. So I'm doing my part. :-)

Take care!

-- Melissa
Old 09-23-2003, 08:34 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Arjan, I'm glad you love California. Your right, there aren't a lot of 964s on the road. I drive mine everyday, 5 months since I bought it, and have yet to meet another on the road.

Have a safe trip home!

Regards,
Old 09-23-2003, 10:47 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had problems with the window sticking up--say, once every few months. I determined the problem wasn't electrical, with this being confirmed by the window rattling over bumps when partially lowered. I've had the regulator for over a year, but didn't get around to installing until Arjan came here. Thought I would be doing most the work myself, but Arjan dug right in, and I was pretty much relegated to tool gophering. Speaking of which, this is what Arjan (the big brute) did to one of my tools:

Actually, my 5 mm allen was missing from my metric set, and we tried to use one that had been included with furniture. Wasn't quite up to the task.

It was a pleasure having Arjan here--I'm looking forward to his next visit.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:53 PM
ckkrause
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm glad you had a good time in California, it's just that the real California is north of Ventura and is full of 964's!!!! There's 3 (including mine) within 3 blocks here in beautiful, still Yuppified Palo Alto... (I hope the real California comment doesn't start a flamer!!!!!)

-CKKrause
Old 09-23-2003, 11:10 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by ckkrause
...it's just that the real California is north of Ventura...
-CKKrause
Isn't that where all those talking dairy cows live?
Old 09-24-2003, 02:20 AM
ckkrause
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

No...it's were the group is that's suing the group who made the commercial of the talking cows....although I still like a good steak!!!

-CKKrause
Old 09-24-2003, 10:27 PM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Red face

So......there you are, you 964 owners!

Here I am, back in the Netherlands sitting in the middle of the night behind my computer [3:20 a.m. overhere] trying to get some sleep did not work the last hours.

I had a safe flight, a nice flight, and have to say that the INS and security people where nice and helpful also this time [so far my answer to to my Off topic story from a few weeks ago]

When I return to California next time, a San Francisco trip is one of my favourites, stay a few nights in Carmel By The Sea on my way up there is also on the list.
I drove the PCH-1 3 times with my wife, 1 completely covered in coastal fog for 2 days, and the others both with 100% clear sky.

To the tools story from Randall............... Having such a great car means also having a bunch of great important tools also. That would be save 2 trips to the Hardware store on Sunday
Porsche is build in Germany, so that means buy metric tools Randall at least a couple of them.

Guys, there is only one thing left to say.............YOU GUYS HAVE SO MANY PORSCHE OUT THERE, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I will see if I can have a sleep for a few hours.

Greetz,
Old 09-25-2003, 12:25 AM
JonSeigel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Arjan B.
So......there you are, you 964 owners!

When I return to California next time, a San Francisco trip is one of my favourites, stay a few nights in Carmel By The Sea on my way up there is also on the list.

Arjan:

Let me know before you come to San Francisco. We can get together and I will show you *another* California 964.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:10 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Count me and my C4 in too for a "San Francisco Rennlist Run" when your in town!! :-)
Old 09-25-2003, 02:21 AM
Surf Twang
Instructor

I'll also be ready with my RS America.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:56 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Cool

Thanks Guys, I will notice!
Old 09-25-2003, 01:17 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Arjan, I met you at the garage tour last Saturday. Its wasnt until I read this thread that I made the connection with your trip here to visit Randall.

Anyhow, I am glad you made it back safely and enjoyed your time out here!
Old 09-25-2003, 02:13 PM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Cool

Thanks Chris, It was nice meeting you!

It was fun the garage tour, and all these people owning these fine Porsche's. Great that I could join the club then.

I have a lot of pictures of the tour, and al the cars. Unfortunately I can't upload them by myself.

Quick Reply: Very few 964's in California............