Sponsored by:

Please ALL read - VERY IMPORTANT

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 04:39 AM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, I'd not used Paypal before. Takes a few minutes to set up the account, but once it's done it's a matter of seconds to send money to anyone you wish. Who's next? ;-)
Old 09-03-2003, 05:24 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear JB,
Let me explain one thing about why 2 and not one charity is being setup.
One is being set up in the USA the other in the UK. They are sisters. They will allow for operations within the EU and from outside. If we wish to offer a grant to a US art student to study in Paris for a year it will be much easier for the grant to offered from an EU country for use in an EU country. The same in the USA. The US sister charity offers the grant to a foreign student.

Why! Drugs and their sellers deal in removing hope from kids. Drugs kill hope first then the addict. We want to give people hope. We cannot save the whole world from drugs, maybe we cannot save anyone from drugs but we are going to give it a damned good try.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4

PS: Natalie Louise was as much part of this community of Rennlist as I still am. Natalie was always a great host and cook when fellow rennlisters visited us here in Switzerland. Just thought I would mention that there more to this community that just a name on a post.

Last edited by Adrian; 09-04-2003 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:28 AM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Adrian

I don't believe there's such a thing as bad publicity. This person has at least drawn attention to your cause and, I hope, will encourage others to take a look at what you're saying and draw their own conclusions.

Best of luck
Old 09-03-2003, 05:31 AM
Rob W.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am embarrassed that it took a swift kick from JB to get my *** in gear. But it is now - paypal was very simple and quick, so the rest of you - get on with it.

Rob W
Old 09-03-2003, 05:33 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Dear Phil,
I agree with you,
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4

Last edited by Adrian; 09-03-2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thought it was time this came back to the top...
Old 09-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Well I can keep it up there.
After 2 weeks the current status of the Natalie Louise Streather charities donation drive is 34 donations to paypal providing a total raised so far of $US1,465:00.
I am awaiting the bank statement for direct donations.
This takes us one third of the minimum amount required.
Do not forget the prizes for the highest donor.
Phil, John, Rob and everyone else who donated today, thank you very much. The Streather family thank you for not just your donations but your wonderful support.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 09-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I don't feel Django's post warranted a reply, especially from Mr Streather. It really does not deserve the energy expended on it!

Django, if someone truly believes in what they campaigning for then one would expect them to utilize every avenue available to them to further their cause - this ADDS credibility in my book! If you had no background as to why donations were being sought then perhaps you might be excused for a lack of understanding. But, after obviously availing yourself of the facts, to then suggest that something here is improper is despicable at the most and both tactless and thoughtless at the least IMO. To be clear, its not WHAT you posted that is objectionable (you make some good points) its that you posted it at all!!!

Adrian, I admire you for what you are doing and I am glad to donate. I would point out however, that, yes - you do have the right of reply, but perhaps you might want to re-read your words written in haste and wonder whether you are better off by NOT exercising that right!

Kahdmus< ------------- $0.02
Old 09-03-2003, 01:38 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Let's all cool it down a little and concentrate on the task in hand...
Old 09-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Dear Kahdmus,
Advice taken and posts edited.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 09-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

34 donations is still rather feeble considering the number of people using this board...
Old 09-03-2003, 02:40 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've signed up for PayPal, but now have to wait until I get my next statement before I can active the account. Anyone know a work around for this???
Old 09-03-2003, 02:46 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally posted by Andy Roe
I've signed up for PayPal, but now have to wait until I get my next statement before I can active the account. Anyone know a work around for this???
If you go for a 'personal' rather than 'business' PayPal account and use your credit card, you can pay immediately.

I know because that's what I did.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

One of the things we have planned if we can get up and running is to have a raffle next year for a trip for two to LeMans. This will include (I hope) airfare, rental car. Accomodation is secured with breakfast. Only costs will be entry tickets (never know what we can do there) food and additional excursions.
I hope this may also provide some incentives. You never know who you are going to meet at LeMans and what else we can organise. One of our trustees, Sir Malcolm Guthrie is an important person at the LeMans. He drove a GT-40 at LeMans with Frank Gardener plus Forumla 2 and the Trans Tasman series with Derek Bell. We have some great people behind what we are doing as well as support from RUF, Bentley Publishers, Callander Classics and from Phil at 911 and Porsche World to name a few.
This is all to get people to help. It is not all one way.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 09-03-2003, 07:47 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Syd B.
People that will contribute will have their own personal reasons for doing so, which for many of us, may be something as simple as the ultimate respect we have for Adrian and all that he has done to make Rennlist the special place that it is. Once you have been around for a while, perhaps you will grow to appreciate that Rennlist is not a chat room, but a place where people from around the world share a passion and each others experiences. Adrian is not asking strangers to make donations. He is asking friends.
Well put Syd. And John B. thanks for the prod, it was needed.

Quick Reply: Please ALL read - VERY IMPORTANT