Sponsored by:

well, the cree bulbs are in !

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Bizman928
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Swiss customers!

Guys, thanks for your comments and support.

Most of our customers are in Europe and we have many in Switzerland.
And Yes, our customers cars pass the Homologation in Switzerland with our LED bulbs.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Bizman928
Former Vendor

[QUOTE=Rennlistuser8;12721811]Replies in red

Originally Posted by Rennlistuser8
OK back at it:....

below is what the picture would like to see. Freedman, snarky remarks do not make for an adequate answer.

Edit: I have gone through Bizman's website, and I see the pictures on this page (picture 14) :

http://woodypeck.com/?product=porsch...d-upgrade-kit#

That is a horrible pattern, with a bright centre spot and no linear cutoff to be seen. Better pics would help?

How is it that you are happy to make jibes at our Website and photos, comments etc. yet you are very defensive and snappy when rennlisters make "snarky remarks" on your posts.

Horrible pattern indeed!
Old 11-08-2015, 12:42 PM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bizman928
How is it that you are happy to make jibes at our Website and photos, comments etc. yet you are very defensive and snappy when rennlisters make "snarky remarks" on your posts.

Horrible pattern indeed!
I hope you see the difference between freedman telling me to buzz off, and my asking to see a projected pattern picture of your lights.

You want to talk about snarky? How come you ask silly questions, yet fail to perform a single action that would take you 15 minutes tops, ans shut me up forever?
Are you afraid to take that picture? Would anything be revealed in doing so that would harm your sales?

After all, I have only been asking one single thing since months, yet you fail to deliver, instead resorting to attacks?

Any serious company would documents their products thoroughly and provide info when asked. Drawings about light sources and pseudo-evidence drawn up mean nothing. Projected pattern, with clear pictures, that would be a change of tune.

Please provide. Don't bother using emoticons, or attacks. Not even the keyboard. A picture will suffice
Old 11-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Bizman928
Former Vendor

I hope you see the difference between freedman telling me to buzz off, and my asking to see a projected pattern picture of your lights.

You want to talk about snarky? How come you ask silly questions, yet fail to perform a single action that would take you 15 minutes tops, ans shut me up forever?
Are you afraid to take that picture? Would anything be revealed in doing so that would harm your sales?

After all, I have only been asking one single thing since months, yet you fail to deliver, instead resorting to attacks?

Any serious company would documents their products thoroughly and provide info when asked. Drawings about light sources and pseudo-evidence drawn up mean nothing. Projected pattern, with clear pictures, that would be a change of tune.

Please provide. Don't bother using emoticons, or attacks. Not even the keyboard. A picture will suffice
So now we are into the realm of your true colours - proclamations & insults.... Personal Attacks even - The term "Snarky" was your's "Copy & Pasted - nothing to do with us!

You choose to insult our products, and our company - and yet we have not "Attacked" you in any way - quite the opposite in fact! We have chosen to ignore your comments & insults for the most part and let other Rennlist users respond to you accordingly!

You choose to do nothing on a variety of these forum posts but bad mouth and insult our company.

Its people like you who give Rennlist a bad name!

And for the record - We wouldn't sell you any of our LED bulbs nor would we want you to have the luxury of owning them!
Old 11-08-2015, 03:16 PM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

I have never insulted you.

I only want *one picture* which you repeatedly fail to produce.

Imagine, the power to shut me down for good with one single picture. Why don't you do it?
Old 11-09-2015, 09:33 PM
dhc905
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Lol. I don't know why all the crazies come out during LED light discussions (btw, this is basically directed at everyone in almost equal parts).

RLuser8, if he says they pass muster in Swtzland and you live in Swtzland, why aren't you satisfied? I think that tells you a lot more than whatever picture you're trying to get, no?
Old 11-10-2015, 03:50 PM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

dhc ,
I want to believe they "pass muster" in Switzerland.
I want better lights for my 964, even more than most since i daily drive my car, even in winter whixh means driving in the dark almost all the time.

However.....

-What does pass muster mean (bullcrap in this case)? Is there an E homologation for these bulbs? Here at inspection, the inspector notices right away that the bulb is not an H4. First thing he'll ask me is the homologation papers for the bulbs. Of course I can play the game of removing them for inspection.

-Is there any ECE homologation for these bulbs?

-How can I be sure they are better? No offense to users, but they are just that, users. More light! Yeeehaaw! it MUST be better. Well no. Light needs to be projected according to a pattern, with regular distribution. I want to believe these do, but this seller steadfastedly refuses to provide the one picture that would be a good representation of the light pattern, cutout and distribution, instead relying on poor quality pictures and comparisons.

-These remarks are valid for every reseller of these lights. If the solution was so simple, how come Osram, Philips, Hella, Bosch have not come up with an offer for older cars, with an ECE homologation. Heck, Philips has not even bothered getting their LED 1157s rear light bulbs homologated here, and they are arguably better, in a position where emitted light pattern is less important.

-I don't mind being ridiculed, but as long as no serious study of these and all the pretended better bulbs for H4 has not been done, I will remain skeptical. I'll go farther and say that there is a reason why the sellers won't provide good quality pattern pictures: not feasible.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:27 AM
dhc905
Banned

dhc ,
I want to believe they "pass muster" in Switzerland.

-What does pass muster mean (bullcrap in this case)? Is there an E homologation for these bulbs? Here at inspection, the inspector notices right away that the bulb is not an H4. First thing he'll ask me is the homologation papers for the bulbs. Of course I can play the game of removing them for inspection.
Well he said they are legal in Switzerland, as per whatever inspection you all have to go through. I assume it's quite stringent, and so, given that, you should be comfortable buying these regardless of what photos from different angles against different backgrounds from different distances will tell you. I trust a Swiss headlight inspector MUCH more than I trust my ability to make heads or tails from photos.

-How can I be sure they are better? No offense to users, but they are just that, users. More light! Yeeehaaw! it MUST be better. Well no. Light needs to be projected according to a pattern, with regular distribution. I want to believe these do, but this seller steadfastedly refuses to provide the one picture that would be a good representation of the light pattern, cutout and distribution, instead relying on poor quality pictures and comparisons.
So basically, if I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that even though these are legal in one of the most stringent inspection areas in the world AND actual users (vs. what? marketers? advertisers?) fork over real money and haven't voiced any complaints you are somehow still not convinced.

Really sounds like you never were really a buyer for this. I can't postulate why Phillips won't go through the headache of dealing with Swiss headlight authorities (or really I can, pain in the *** and market isn't big enough), but REAL evidence and REAL users suggest that you are off base and your requests are unreasonable.

Either buy them or don't; I feel like the seller has provided MORE than adequate information to inform a decision on your part; you just seem to want to pick a bone about outcomes that don't mean anything (Swiss inspectors vs. a very arbitrary photograph).
Old 11-11-2015, 01:41 AM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

You do not know squat about swiss homologation processes for car accessories and parts. I do.
If these bulbs have been homologated for use in Switzerland, a written dcument exists, either in the car's registration papers, or provided to the bulb seller, or available from the licensing authorities. I would love to see that.

Are you seriously that naive?
Old 11-11-2015, 04:46 AM
Harry Apps
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

This is now getting tedious.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Mezger
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are -definately- not legal in Switzerland.
Just because you pass MFK doesn't mean they're legal.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:29 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by dhc905
actual users (vs. what? marketers? advertisers?) fork over real money and haven't voiced any complaints you are somehow still not convinced.
Absolutely and especially in a Porsche web forum.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:17 PM
dhc905
Banned

You are absolutely right; I don't know anything about swiss homologation process. However, and I hope this logic applies to everything, if the overseeing authority allows it (as claimed by the seller), what EXACTLY is your problem with the lights?

Is it:

- There is no paperwork from the authorities stating that this specific bulb made/sold by one "Bizman" on "RennList" is now forever codified in the universal automotive code books of Switzerland? If this is what you're looking for, I figure you can save us all the grief and move along.

- You don't believe his claim that he has sold bulbs to Swiss folks and they are using his bulbs without a problem? I think it would be relatively easy to substantiate this claim and agree with you that Bizman should probably provide some evidence that this is true given the fact that you so adamantly believe it to be false. This I can see, but again, a photograph isn't going to tell you anything; a user of this product in Switzerland will tell you everything you need to know.

You do not know squat about swiss homologation processes for car accessories and parts. I do.
If these bulbs have been homologated for use in Switzerland, a written dcument exists, either in the car's registration papers, or provided to the bulb seller, or available from the licensing authorities. I would love to see that.

Are you seriously that naive?
Old 11-12-2015, 03:50 AM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Answers in red...

Originally Posted by dhc905
You are absolutely right; I don't know anything about swiss homologation process. However, and I hope this logic applies to everything, if the overseeing authority allows it (as claimed by the seller), what EXACTLY is your problem with the lights?
My Problem: No one knows how the light is projected on the road. Which is relevant if I am to literally trust my life on then. The Seller can claim all he wants. Official documents and good pictures, like I have been asking for since forever cut it, the rest does not. If you believe an internet seller's claim, then I am 7 feet tall.

Is it:

- There is no paperwork from the authorities stating that this specific bulb made/sold by one "Bizman" on "RennList" is now forever codified in the universal automotive code books of Switzerland? If this is what you're looking for, I figure you can save us all the grief and move along.
Why should I move along? I genuinely want better lights for my (daily driver in winter) 964. I want to believe the seller, but he refuses to provide valid info and gets offensive when prodded. Then he throws silly claims (bullcrap) around without substantiating them, then gets unsubstantiated support. When he provides good documents and images, I will shut up and buy them (under an alias now since I am banned from Bizman entreprise) if proven wrong.

- You don't believe his claim that he has sold bulbs to Swiss folks and they are using his bulbs without a problem? I think it would be relatively easy to substantiate this claim and agree with you that Bizman should probably provide some evidence that this is true given the fact that you so adamantly believe it to be false. This I can see, but again, a photograph isn't going to tell you anything; a user of this product in Switzerland will tell you everything you need to know.
Great! now selling means it is legal? Using without getting caught means it is legal, and good?
Oh yes, a good photograph will tell me a lot. I won't have scientific analysis but I believe I can see bright spots, or irregular cutoff, provided the reference image is good. It takes me about 15 minutes to take a good pic, and I can provide within a day. Why can't he?
As for them being legal in Switzerland, excuse me while I ROFL
Edit: if these bulbs turn out to be GOOD, I will even use them and try my luck with the authorities, and swap them out before inspection. I need better lights. But if they blind incoming drivers, or get attention from the fuzz or are not satisfactory in terms of lighting the roads, why bother?
Old 11-25-2015, 05:37 AM
Bizman928
Former Vendor

Default Woodypeck LED bulbs out on the road - Correct Cut-off!

On of our customers purchased our 2S LED H4 bulb upgrade some weeks ago in readiness for their trip across Europe - France, Italy & the Alps then through Switzerland then home to the UK. They didn't want to make the trip on poor lights in their VW T4 Van So they purchased our LED bulbs.

At the weekend I asked for some photos for our website - the customer was over the moon at how well he could see the road with our lights during their Euro trip and especially up through the Alps. So he said he would take some photos at the weekend and maybe a video - Well what can I say - a happy customer is always the best recommendation - take a look at what he posted up to YouTube!

Great video - what a great customer - Nice LED lights on the road video!

Correct Cut-off on the road and No blinding oncoming traffic!

Quick Reply: well, the cree bulbs are in !