Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone do a center console delete?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 07:29 PM
ChaoticBliss
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone do a center console delete?

I can't seem to find much information on it but I was looking at doing a centre console delete on my car for a cleaner look. I have C4 and there seem to be a bunch of relays and sensors under the centre console (towards the firewall). Can these be easily relocated without extending the wiring? I also wasn't sure if some of those were sensors that need a specific orientation.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2014, 10:00 PM
JV911
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought about doing it but there is no easy way of cleaning up all the stuff you mention but moreso the handbrake, pulley & cables. I ended up having my console retrimmed in alcantara instead with carbon fibre inserts.

Having said that it has been done, for example on "mark my words" tasty C4 lightweight. I've seen others where the owner has fabricated a metal cowling to cover the handbrake innards.

Some good photos here https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...refurb-29.html

Last edited by JV911; 10-21-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:33 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes the relays etc can be tucked up under the dash without extention
Although I have a C2 ... Not sure where your accelerometers or something like that may be
But generally I don't think you'll have trouble and even if needed its not hard to do

My experience - very happy with outcome; top 5 'appearance mod' in my book (count down begins ... )

I cut off the front piece of the consol and fibre glassed a new front piece to bring it down to the tunnel carpet
Did RS carpet kit at same time and the part under the front piece of consol is not carpeted
Kept the gearshift and handbrake cover section (although per above post Robt's route is sublime)
Had to grind off a couple metal tabs and supports on top of tunnel - spot welds
Only Had to lengthen the handbrake light single wire
Moved all consol button to dash with dash delete into radio slot w/o any lengthening

... See my 'development journal'
Old 10-22-2014, 03:39 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ cheers bud

ChaoticBliss, here's a few links to save you looking..

switch gear

shifter/handbrake
Old 10-22-2014, 06:41 AM
Ducks964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think that the lateral and longitudal sensors on a C4 do have to be mounted in the same direction as stock direction. I do not know for a fact, but it would only make sense.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:30 AM
ChaoticBliss
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ducks964
I would think that the lateral and longitudal sensors on a C4 do have to be mounted in the same direction as stock direction. I do not know for a fact, but it would only make sense.
Thanks for the info guys.

^^ I assumed the same thing but wasn't sure how level they needed to be mounted in their new spot or if that doesn't matter.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:00 AM
ChaoticBliss
Instructor

A quick update...I got in touch with "mark my words" and he did confirm the C4 sensors have to be mounted level when relocated.

If I do tackle this I'll try and do a little write up as well. Probably won't happen until spring though at this point.

Quick Reply: Anyone do a center console delete?