Sponsored by:

Footwell Heater Hose

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:28 PM
greenr
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Footwell Heater Hose

Had a hole in my driver side heater hose. Ordered the part and just spent more time than I'd like to admit trying to get it affixed. The bottom is no problem, but I can't for the life of me get the top on. Any wise words?

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

It's a PITA, plus you're on your back, working upside down, I found myself feeling ill at times. My suggestion is to take a break, maybe an overnight break, and approach it again when you're fresh.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:40 AM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also feel ill laying upside down like that. Had that experience while swapping out top control module. My suggestion would be to spend the ten min and remove the seat. You will be so happy you did. Once you realize that the seat moves up and down to make the Allen bolts accessible, it's a breeze.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:01 AM
greenr
Rennlist Member

At this point, I am willing to ply an experienced rennlister with single barrel bourbon, craft beer or wine in order to get this done. I will try again in the morning, but **** this is difficult!
Old 10-18-2014, 04:44 PM
justin-in-athens
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually just bought some flexible defroster hose off amazon for this project. It does not fit onto the car any easier than the stock stuff, but was a lot cheaper. It is not insulated, but I cannot see how it is any worse than the OEM part really.

I actually just fitted my driver's side after some frustration, and just capped the passengers side with a Fernco rubber end. I figure one side if probably enough--our cars seem to have no problem with heating the cabin...
Fernco Inc. PQC-103 3-Inch Qwik Cap - Pipe Fittings - Amazon.com Fernco Inc. PQC-103 3-Inch Qwik Cap - Pipe Fittings - Amazon.com

It would not be such a difficult fit, but the top fitting is more oval than round, and on the passenger's side there is little to no clearance between the plastic fitting and the firewall.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:20 PM
greenr
Rennlist Member

Bottom was no problem, it was the oval top that I just couldn't get. Brought the car to my shop, 15 minutes later we were all having a beer. I spent 4 hours on it....

At least its done. BTW for anyone else that needs to do this, the right hose, fits on the left and is 1/3 the price.

On to the next thing....
Old 10-19-2014, 05:00 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

I cut two small slots in the upper end. Made it s little wider so I finally could press it on to the outlet.

Thomas

Quick Reply: Footwell Heater Hose