Sponsored by:

Controller for rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 04:55 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by RW964
John I am also having problems with the spoiler I was needing to know how did you find it was these caps in fault,,,,, I am going to have mine checked I have a 90 C 2 a few post on the links here the motor runs great on it owns for a time period maybe 3 sets at 20 secs each up and down and them nothing would these failed caps cause this ?????? I plugged in the unit today ran it up and down motor only worked as should I have the unit on Tore B page and wondering the large yellow waffer I cannot recall what it is called but used to take up the inrush of current if it got hot enough would it stop the spoiler from rasing.. a thought . the 3 caps you took them out of the pcb and checked them and found to be bad good work
Randy, intermittent faults are the hardest to fix. When I get a box to repair, I first check it’s actually faulty. If it is, I just replace all six capacitors and the two relay drive transistors. They are all so cheap, it’s quicker to do that. Did you replace the capacitors or just refit them.

Old 05-03-2023, 09:14 PM
darylbowden
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Randy, intermittent faults are the hardest to fix. When I get a box to repair, I first check it’s actually faulty. If it is, I just replace all six capacitors and the two relay drive transistors. They are all so cheap, it’s quicker to do that. Did you replace the capacitors or just refit them.

This may be a *very* dumb question but what voltage are these capacitors?
Old 05-03-2023, 10:52 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM

It will depend what your local supplier has in stock. My 220uF is 16v, 47uF is 25v and 4.7uF is 50v. I’d like more margin for the 16V but that was the only local option. 25v and above is fine for a car. ​​​​​

Quick Reply: Controller for rear spoiler