Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Certains
Old 02-01-2014, 09:24 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Malakut911
I was told that there is inside the car, where the rear passenger seat, and the front where the dashboard. can anyone in the restoration saw these numbers and know their exact location.
I believe that if you can find these they are only the shell numbers. These numbers are only short and were written by hand. They are only used to authenticate that an NGT or cup car still have their original shells in the event of a racing accident. They're of no use to identify the car for ordering parts or to confirm the cars originality.

ETA if you found the shell number and ask Porsche to tell you what the VIN was, they wouldn't tell you.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Certain parts were changed throughout the 964's production span including the rear shock mounts, engine intake plenums, etc. if your car is a 1992 model it should have the later shock mounts and plastic intake. Do you know if it was a factory wide body cab or done afterwards? Are you sure it's a model year 1992 car?
Old 02-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Malakut911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
I believe that if you can find these they are only the shell numbers. These numbers are only short and were written by hand. They are only used to authenticate that an NGT or cup car still have their original shells in the event of a racing accident. They're of no use to identify the car for ordering parts or to confirm the cars originality.

ETA if you found the shell number and ask Porsche to tell you what the VIN was, they wouldn't tell you.
accident was not all visible numbers have been removed or obliterated. I hope for the hidden numbers. I was referring to Germany in the official service classic porsche, they offer to bring a car, but I can not do it. I'm ready to disassemble the car if necessary to photograph the desired part numbers for which the plant would define my car
Old 02-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Malakut911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
Certain parts were changed throughout the 964's production span including the rear shock mounts, engine intake plenums, etc. if your car is a 1992 model it should have the later shock mounts and plastic intake. Do you know if it was a factory wide body cab or done afterwards? Are you sure it's a model year 1992 car?

is the original turbo - look 100%. about the year of the car I'm not sure, although in documents in 1992. I just do not believe that it is impossible to determine this vehicle. Really this car is only one item with steel room under the gas tank? because the rest of signs or are not reliable and may be outdated.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Malakut911
Intermediate

there are times when the car was stolen and specially cleaned all the rooms. but criminologists make requests to the factory and find the true origin of the vehicle. luckily my car is not stolen, but unfortunately I can not determine its own
Old 02-01-2014, 10:49 AM
CBR786
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is a 1990 and has a plastic tag (black) in colour which is engraved into the plastic the vin number and sits on the windscreen pillar on drivers side (LHD) I noticed it more when I removed the glass
also maybe plugging into a PST2 tester and going to car information might reveal information. Not sure as I have not read my ecu for some time.
the glass has a date stamp and other components have date stamps and batch numbers if Porsche wanted to they can find out exactly what year or month that car was produced and eventually by rule of elimination figure out what number that car was by colour and body type etc LHD or RHD batch numbers etc
Old 02-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK, if you're sure its a factory turbo look cab, then they were only produced in 1992.

Does the engine still have the engine number on it? (It's hard to see, but its stamped on the right hand side of the engine case next to crank pulley. With this you should also be able to confirm which year it'll likely be, plus I guess it might be possible for Porsche to say which VIN it belongs too. It's a long shot though, but maybe worth a try?
Old 02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Malakut911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CBR786
My car is a 1990 and has a plastic tag (black) in colour which is engraved into the plastic the vin number and sits on the windscreen pillar on drivers side (LHD) I noticed it more when I removed the glass
also maybe plugging into a PST2 tester and going to car information might reveal information. Not sure as I have not read my ecu for some time.
the glass has a date stamp and other components have date stamps and batch numbers if Porsche wanted to they can find out exactly what year or month that car was produced and eventually by rule of elimination figure out what number that car was by colour and body type etc LHD or RHD batch numbers etc
thanks a lot! I will study carefully marking glass and windshield look
Old 02-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Malakut911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
OK, if you're sure its a factory turbo look cab, then they were only produced in 1992.

Does the engine still have the engine number on it? (It's hard to see, but its stamped on the right hand side of the engine case next to crank pulley. With this you should also be able to confirm which year it'll likely be, plus I guess it might be possible for Porsche to say which VIN it belongs too. It's a long shot though, but maybe worth a try?
thank you! engine unfortunately changed. the previous owner was a piece of paper that is on the trunk lid, and the number of codes, but he lost her. I know these cars from 1992 to 1994.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:59 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Surely the previous owner or the person that sold you the car, must have some details?
Old 02-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Malakut911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
Surely the previous owner or the person that sold you the car, must have some details?
He never thought about the authenticity of the vehicle, and lost the paper which is attached on the inside tailgate
Old 02-02-2014, 08:04 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Did the car from the US prior to it coming back to Europe?
Old 02-02-2014, 10:26 AM
deepee
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Labels/tags stitched to the seat belts could also reveal/confirm the year the car was built.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Malakut911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CBR786
You can upload pictures of where you point the finger at a place where there was room under glass?

Quick Reply: 964 determine the vin number of the car