Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to put sound deadening? (New carpets)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 PM
version13
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to put sound deadening? (New carpets)

So I am just about done stripping the interior of foam and carpet based mostly off this:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...-thread-5.html

Although I am keeping the rear leather panel and speakers, stripped most of the tunnel and am not getting OCD about the glue.

Because this may end up being my Daily Driver as my VW Golf is really starting to annoy me, I want to put down some of the Dynamat (or GTMAT) sound deadening material. Where would be the best place to put it? My idea was under the leather speaker panel behind where the rear seats used to be and on the passenger and driver's floor boards.

Would these be effective placements or is there somewhere else to make it a more pleasant ride??

Also in the works, but not finished yet is quick snaps for the carpet for ease of removal for cleaning or water removal. (The car is garaged, but there was a swamp under the rear seats in the sound deadening material!) Has anyone done this?

Lastly, with the lightweight carpet set from Appbiz, was it hard or rough against just the metal? I'm considering putting some home-depot style carpet pad under some of the more traffic and knee-banging areas.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:14 AM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the 911 forum at P-Parts; there are several large threads about sound deadening there.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:30 PM
version13
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I'll check there, too
Old 12-05-2013, 12:39 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Someone crafty here posted - Babalouie? - posted re using card to back some of the light carpet and it looked stellar.
Also search on the 928 forum - quite a bit there on sound deadening install and tips

Quick Reply: Where to put sound deadening? (New carpets)