Kevin Asbridge meets the Blue Shadow!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 03:01 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kevin Asbridge meets the Blue Shadow!

Finally managed to meet up with Kevin Asbridge, who lives not far from me. By coincidence, the famous Blue Shadow was with us. That now makes a total of three Rennlisters (Johnny G. and Christian, plus KA) who have met him and lived to tell the tale!

Kevin contacted me to ask if I would mind trying out his 964 for him.

Naturally, this was an incredibly boring chore for me to perform but, in the interest of helping a fellow 'lister, I managed to force myself to do it.

Kevin, you really should make your presence a little more felt on this board as you are a thoroughly pleasant chap - just the sort that makes the 964 forum tick.

For myself, not only have I acquired a new friend, but I also got to have a damn good drive of one of the nicest 964s I have ever driven.

Kevin knows the ins and outs of the characteristics of his car which we discussed but suffice to say I had as much fun driving his 964 around my local roads as I have ever had in my own. Kevin, your car is simply wonderful - a superb example.

Here's to our next meeting, and don't thank me again, it is I that owe you the thanks.

Picture shows Paula, with the internationally famous Blue Shadow and Kevin. Also, Kevin's car. I am behind the camera, where I belong!

(The BS has asked me to inform anyone interested that he has upgraded to clear indicators. Bet you're all so glad I told you!)

Old 07-20-2003, 10:49 AM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Ah, the Blue Shadow! Do you know if he will be touring the US anytime soon? I have some young female model friends who are dying to get to know him!
Old 07-20-2003, 11:11 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally posted by JC in NY
Ah, the Blue Shadow! Do you know if he will be touring the US anytime soon? I have some young female model friends who are dying to get to know him!
The moment he hears this, he'll be on the next flight!
Old 07-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Kevin Asbridge
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my first post on Rennlist so hope it works...

It was a real pleasure to meet John, Paula and the aforementioned Blue Shadow last Sunday and I'm really not sure who enjoyed the drive in my car more-John or myself

There is something wonderful about being a passenger in your own car, particulalry when it is going sideways around a roundabout!

It was good of John to help me out, I have had the car for around a year and having bought the first 964 I drove (against all the rules) wanted to find out if I had a good one, I was looking for a 3.2 and drove plenty of those but came across my 964 at a local dealer who had both a 3.2 and a 964-one drive and I was hooked!

Happy that the car got the thumbs up from John, we are hopefully going into Wales very soon for a bit of "benchmarking" I am sure we will file a report

On a final note (and I am sure I am going to get shot by John for this) although Guards Red is THE colour to have, I have to say that the BS' Cobalt Blue\Light Grey leather combination looked superb and is a fitting transport for the international man of mystery that he obviously is!
Old 07-22-2003, 11:47 AM
TMH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Kevin Asbridge
...and having bought the first 964 I drove (against all the rules)
I'm with you on that one Kevin. I had the same experience with the first 964 I drove, and it is now parked in my driveway. IMHO, something kind of amazing happened starting in the '89 model year, and I only feel better and better about that impulse buy which I made.

Welcome to the board.

Tom
Old 07-23-2003, 01:12 AM
Kevin Asbridge
Rennlist Member

Tom,
Thanks for the welcome, looks like you guys have some fun on this board.

I have lurked for a while but it could be that now is the time to come out of the closet (so to speak)

Cheers,
Kevin.
90 C2 Coupe
01 Vectra (dull and cheap)
No fire engines or Ford Mustangs (sadly)
Old 07-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Perhaps I'm suddenly colour blind but...am I missing something, or is the car in the picture Johns Red 964 and not the "Blue Shadow"??
Old 07-23-2003, 02:05 AM
Kevin Asbridge
Rennlist Member

Andy,
My post is a little confusing....

There were three cars on John's drive that day; John's, The Blue Shadow's and mine (pictured), my comment referred to the BS which looked superb on the day but does not feature in the picture.

My car is visually very similar to John's (Guards Red\Linen leather 1990 build, aircon, cups) although it has a small hoop spoiler\brake light on the engine cover vs John's roofline brakelight-easy to mistake the two!

Hope this makes sense

Cheers,
Kevin.
90 C2 Guards Red
Old 07-23-2003, 02:32 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

For those who would like to know more about the Blue Shadow (don't say I made you look) - here is a link.

The internationally famous Blue Shadow

The Blue Shadow does not have internet access and has only a faint notion of his international fame!
Old 07-23-2003, 03:01 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's all clear now!! Thanks chaps! I noticed another difference though - amber indicators!

Plus, John, I noticed a picture of your car in the PCGB magazine, but not a mention of your name!!
Old 07-23-2003, 03:04 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally posted by Andy Roe
It's all clear now!! Thanks chaps! I noticed another difference though - amber indicators!

Plus, John, I noticed a picture of your car in the PCGB magazine, but not a mention of your name!!
When was that, Andy?
Old 07-23-2003, 03:10 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's in this months club magazine John under the 964 register section!
Old 07-23-2003, 03:13 AM
Christer
Race Car

I think this BS stuff is a bit scary. I know several people like this and none of them call themselves Shadows of any colour. Perhaps it is an ego thing? What does this mean?

I must be missing something....
Old 07-23-2003, 04:00 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Andy,

Thanks, I must have somehow missed it!

Christer,

Fear not, the Blue Shadow had the title bestowed upon him by a mutual friend - due to the fact that his blue 964 is always behind mine.

He is completely harmless.

Well, not completely, obviously, but fairly.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Christer
I think this BS stuff is a bit scary. I know several people like this and none of them call themselves Shadows of any colour. Perhaps it is an ego thing? What does this mean?

I must be missing something....
Well, I have to agree with you this time Christer - I'm totally lost by this thread, too...

Phil

Quick Reply: Kevin Asbridge meets the Blue Shadow!