Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

me and my 964: an intro

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 11:59 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that sucks:-( Can you get the BBS rebuilt? I think there are a nice set of Brombachers for sale in the classified that you could run this summer.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:02 AM
D.N
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Check if the RS's are stamped RS012 and RS013 inside the waffle caps. If not, that is where the problem was.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I done with these wheels. I think the issue stems from him buying non Porsche fitment. He had to re drill them. The back spacing is insane. Could park a truck behind them there is so much clearance. There is more brake clearance than on my cup1s in the front!
Old 06-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DN1
Check if the RS's are stamped RS012 and RS013 in the waffle caps. If not, that is where the problem was.
I think you nailed it. I will have eurotech check them out. Odds are her ground it off though. When they were re drilled for 5x130, he didn't even bother to clearance them for lug nuts. After they were powdercoated he had to take a die grinder to them just to get the lug nuts on.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your wheels. Sucks you waited this long just to find out they don't fit. But if you wanted to use these wheels, couldn't you get them re-barreled for proper fitment? Did you ever get the ET measurement? I just can't believe you can't make these fit after all the test fitting they did prior to building these wheels. Just crazy! So what wheels are you going with now? I agree, Brian and the Rotiform guys are great to deal with. You tell them what you're looking for and they give you a bunch of options until you get exactly what you want.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

^^ looking for options now.. Rotiform to their credit was very upfront about lead time, but it just won't work for this year. I'm looking for something to run this summer, and i guess build something else for next year.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:16 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
^^ looking for options now.. Rotiform to their credit was very upfront about lead time, but it just won't work for this year. I'm looking for something to run this summer, and i guess build something else for next year.
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...er-wheels.html
Old 06-12-2014, 12:23 AM
financd964
Instructor

Sorry to hear dude.... I am biased but rotiform is the best. I've known those guys for years and have always been there for me. Really, they care about what their wheels. Fit finish and most of all if the customers are happy. All these other wheel "companies" are just janky while rotiform is doing it right. Like you said they are just swamped over there and try their best to deliver. Anything custom just takes time. I know you won't be disappointed with rotiform and if you were for any reason they will make it right.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:26 AM
D.N
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you nailed it. I will have eurotech check them out. Odds are her ground it off though. When they were re drilled for 5x130, he didn't even bother to clearance them for lug nuts. After they were powdercoated he had to take a die grinder to them just to get the lug nuts on.
Ok. For you or anyone in the future who wants to run BBS RS's. You will need 5x130 Genuine BBS RS stamped RS012 and RS013. These are the ones that will fit.

Specs on original RS012 and RS013 are as follows
RS012 7x16 ET23
RS013 8x16 ET11

Assuming you want to run a 16" to 18" conversion with 8.5 and 10 you'll need to add 1.5" barrels in the front and 2" in rear (this will increase the offset and are the "right" sizes for narrow body 964's).

Final Specs
18x8.5 ET41
18x10 ET35

Only way to run this set up is with stretched tires. 215 fronts and 245 rears.

Hope this helps you or anyone in the future.

Last edited by D.N; 06-12-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:47 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...er-wheels.html

So not to be a total noob, but will these fit? Offset seems so high
Old 06-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

They will fit but you will need to run spacers. 5mm on the front and 10mm on the rear.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:12 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Gee Jim, not having much luck!! Cup 1s look good, for now just revel in the lack of grip from those snow tires!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:49 AM
bdc1
Rennlist Member

I've been waiting for my wheels from Rotiform for 18 weeks now, instead of 6 which they quoted. The last set we got for my friend took 10 weeks instead of 6, and those had a very strict deadline which they were promised to make. Another set I ordered last year took 4.5 months instead of 8 weeks.

So yea, great wheels, but I would multiply their estimate by at least 2.... And I know your pain for waiting on the perfect wheels, I've once waited nearly a year for one set and didn't get what I expected :/

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the RS's, shouldn't be that difficult to get fitment / ET right, especially if its possible to test fit, so definitely sounds rather unprofessional from they guy making them.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

^^ sorry to hear about your wait time.

You're right about it not being difficult having had the car in front of him to measure it. That was the whole reason i went with him over anyone else to begin with. I wasn't looking for a stanced car, but something 8/10ths of the way. I figured being there and having the actual car to measure would have yielded the right result.

Still waiting for him to call me back from yesterday to find out when he's coming to get them and refund me

Still looking for a set to use for the summer. I'll just wait until next year to do exactly what i want
Old 06-12-2014, 12:42 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^ sorry to hear about your wait time.

You're right about it not being difficult having had the car in front of him to measure it. That was the whole reason i went with him over anyone else to begin with. I wasn't looking for a stanced car, but something 8/10ths of the way. I figured being there and having the actual car to measure would have yielded the right result.

Still waiting for him to call me back from yesterday to find out when he's coming to get them and refund me

Still looking for a set to use for the summer. I'll just wait until next year to do exactly what i want
Sad to here mate. For what it's worth and forgive for stating the obvious but all the knowledge you need about wheel fitment is here.

Just so you have it here for when you're ready.

The maximum numbers are as follows,
Front 8.5J ET47 225
Rear 10J ET32 265

These wheel numbers and tyres would require aggressive geo & camber settings. Depending on how low you go you will need to flatten or roll arch lips and angle grind the mounting point between the bumper and wing on the front.

I have seen 9J and 11J fitted however this needed stretched tyres (not ideal), flattened oil lines as well as the above mods.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Between all of us - we know our stuff, after years of experience.

Quick Reply: me and my 964: an intro