Sponsored by:

Eisenbuds Porsche shop in Denver

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Ostranjg
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Eisenbuds Porsche shop in Denver

I already posted this in the Regional forums, but from what I can see, no one from the CO area really posts on there. So I'm trying it here to see if anyone bites...

Wondering if anyone has experience with Eisenbud's in Denver...

My car is in there for a number of reasons...

One of the items being replaced is the fuel accumulator on my '92 3.3 Turbo.

They quoted me $500 just for the parts!!! After I found them on Pelican for $203.

He said "I need to make some money on parts" Then he said that his supplier might be ripping him off. Well, the guy has supposedly been in business for a long time and if he doesn't know where to find a good deal on Porsche parts, that may be an issue.

He came recommended by some people, but This just doesn't seem right.

Anyone have any experience with this shop that might be helpful or experience with similar issues? What did it cost for you to get fixed, etc.?
Old 10-18-2013, 06:21 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 184 Posts

I have heard good things about Storz & Eisenbud's but not first hand experience. My shop in GJ adds 20% to the parts cost I pay if I bring them to him. Seems reasonable and fair. See if they will go that route.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 AM
carlskisWP
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my PPI done there a few years ago for $300, which seemed reasonable since it included a leak down test. Shop had a number of 911s in, but it was a bit of a mess. Mechanic seemed to know what he was talking about regarding 964s. Haven't used them since, as their location is out of the way for me. I'm on the west side of Denver.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Ostranjg
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Their shop definitely is a mess. That's for sure...

Who do you use now??
Old 04-29-2014, 01:11 AM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's interesting. I was in their shop a few times when your car was- beautiful car by the way- and John had your ECU torn apart. I asked him why he didn't just replace it and he said the things were ridiculously priced so he found the problem and repaired it. Can't imagine how much that saved you?
Old 05-01-2014, 12:19 AM
carlskisWP
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since Ostranjg asked (back in October!), i have used Eurosport in Arvada for an alignment and to rebuild the steering rack. Good job, fair price, and I liked their logo.http://www.eurosportauto.net/images/banner.1.460.gif

Haven't used them in a while though. Trying to do as much maintenance work as I can myself.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:29 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,302 Posts

My shop buys parts at wholesale and adds a small % to cover expenses with ordering etc. In the end it is usually cheaper than Pelican pricing and far cheaper than dealer pricing.

For instance the rubber blower boot that sits on top of the engine shroud. OEM part from Pelican is $87.75 my mechanic charged me $58.00 and you don't want to know what the dealership sells it for.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:45 PM
psiegel
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

I also use Eurosport, LTD for a lot of my work. They try to find the best places to pick up a part as its often different for each item. The are good guy and do very good work but very busy. It might take you weeks to get your car in to their shop. Also, I have recently had great luck with Prestige Imports. I know, I know, its a dealer but they very competitive labor rates ($100/Hr) and they are great about using parts that I bring in that I have purchased from folks form this forum or from pelican parts.

Quick Reply: Eisenbuds Porsche shop in Denver