Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 02:13 AM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new bbs look fantastic! Great color choice.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:18 AM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

The wheels turned out great !
Would be good to come to Cars & Coffee in Irvine some morning. We need more 964s there !!
Old 07-24-2014, 02:26 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great stuff. The finish is very smart. Car's coming together really nicely.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:18 AM
seeq
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good! Like the new wheels.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by g60pops
^^^^^^^^
very nice, love the titanium colour
Originally Posted by AME_VIP
The new bbs look fantastic! Great color choice.
Thanks guys! I love that color too. Came out exactly how I wanted.

Originally Posted by abarthguy
The wheels turned out great !
Would be good to come to Cars & Coffee in Irvine some morning. We need more 964s there !!
I've been to C&C a few times in Irvine. This weekend I believe they're having it at the Rose Bowl and I will be driving out there for it. Hope to see you there.

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
Great stuff. The finish is very smart. Car's coming together really nicely.
Thanks Frank. I like how the front wheels sit but am thinking of adding a 5 - 10mm spacer for a more aggressive fitment. Thoughts?

Originally Posted by seeq
Looks good! Like the new wheels.
Thanks bud!
Old 07-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Todeshandler
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Looking good Rey.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 138 Posts

Looks great, nice work!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

Love the new wheels Rey, and the Arrow Blue is looking better than ever. Enjoy it!
Old 07-24-2014, 07:13 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rey Gunn
Thanks Frank. I like how the front wheels sit but am thinking of adding a 5 - 10mm spacer for a more aggressive fitment. Thoughts?
Remind me of the width, offset and tyre sizes you're running?

You've made a wonderful choice of wheel colour there. The car's colour is so wonderfully bright that choosing a darker wheel colour really ads to the overall look. Bright wheels on a bright car often detracts, despite being fun.

I love the reduction in unsprung weight/ reduction in frictional drag that BBSs offer - have you noticed the difference? Does the car feel lighter footed?

Cheers,
Old 07-24-2014, 07:31 PM
jon91581
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Wheels look beautiful! Any close ups of the lips? I was thinking about a similar finish for a set of Work Brombachers that I have, except with gold centers. Just not sure how it'd come out, and pics for reference for my wheel guy would help out tremendously.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:12 PM
964Luftballoon
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Wow! Everything looks great. I'm totally digging the color scheme and interior floor boards.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:04 PM
BHCfarkas
Racer

Rey, you've done a great job with the car! I'm really wishing I had a Heigo cage in place of my DAS, but I guess I can't really complain lol. Loving all the details you've added on the interior and it looks like you've got a pretty good idea the direction you want this car to go.

Oh, and you don't have to thank me on the offset homework... You did it all yourself, I just had to teach you how to do it . Bravo!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:40 PM
lateforlunch
Instructor

Looks good Rey, glad to hear you got the studs swapped out without any drama too.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:55 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Everything looks friggin' perfect. The car really comes together.

What was the process for swapping the studs?
Old 07-25-2014, 02:10 AM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Smile

Originally Posted by Todeshandler
Looking good Rey.
Thanks Brian! But I think we could have gotten away with the 2" lip. lol. Better safe that sorry though. And now we know for sure.

Originally Posted by Vegas993
Looks great, nice work!
Thanks bud. Sorry to hear you're selling your FUCs. They look perfect on your car.

Originally Posted by Ken D
Love the new wheels Rey, and the Arrow Blue is looking better than ever. Enjoy it!
Thanks Ken! The color is really growing on me. I only bought the car because it was in such great condition. Previous owner took super good care of her. So I jumped on it. Sure glad I did!

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
Remind me of the width, offset and tyre sizes you're running?

You've made a wonderful choice of wheel colour there. The car's colour is so wonderfully bright that choosing a darker wheel colour really ads to the overall look. Bright wheels on a bright car often detracts, despite being fun.

I love the reduction in unsprung weight/ reduction in frictional drag that BBSs offer - have you noticed the difference? Does the car feel lighter footed?

Cheers,
Thanks Frank! Wheels are 18 x 10 ET 50. Running a 265 tire. These tires have a arced sidewall rather than a squared off one. So they look a little smaller than they are.

I do notice a difference in weight reduction from the wheels. Especially from a stop light. I've also raised the car about 6-8mm and that has made a difference in ride as well. Car feels more lively. I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but it does.

Originally Posted by jon91581
Wheels look beautiful! Any close ups of the lips? I was thinking about a similar finish for a set of Work Brombachers that I have, except with gold centers. Just not sure how it'd come out, and pics for reference for my wheel guy would help out tremendously.
Thank you! The silver lip and gold centers would look awesome! I initially was going to go gold as well but saw an exhaust with this titanium color and quickly changed my mind. I fell in love with it. Here's a close up of the lip. Let me know if you need additional pics. I'd be happy to share.

Originally Posted by Infinite1
Wow! Everything looks great. I'm totally digging the color scheme and interior floor boards.
Thanks! Just a few more pieces to add to the interior and then I might be satisfied. Might... lol

Originally Posted by BHCfarkas
Rey, you've done a great job with the car! I'm really wishing I had a Heigo cage in place of my DAS, but I guess I can't really complain lol. Loving all the details you've added on the interior and it looks like you've got a pretty good idea the direction you want this car to go.

Oh, and you don't have to thank me on the offset homework... You did it all yourself, I just had to teach you how to do it . Bravo!
Thanks Farkas! I do love how the Heigo looks and love the fact that its adjustable. Only downfall is that it takes up soo much space that I can't put anything back there now. lol Oh well, at least it looks good. Did you happen to see that Orange 964 with a cross bar in the frunk? Looks like the Heigo crossbar. Trying to see if I can fab one up just like it. We'll see. I love the way it looks. Here's a pic.

Originally Posted by lateforlunch
Looks good Rey, glad to hear you got the studs swapped out without any drama too.
Thanks Dan! No drama at all, from what I hear. lol Guys at West End Alignment knocked it out pretty quickly. The father and son team of Darren and Chris are great guys to work with.

Originally Posted by Vandit
Everything looks friggin' perfect. The car really comes together.

What was the process for swapping the studs?
Thanks Vandit! I wish I could tell ya, but the work was done at West End Alignment. They installed the studs and did a proper geo on my car after the wheels were put on. But there are a couple guys on here that have done it, maybe they can chime in. Farkas and BCD1.

Again, appreciate all the positive comments fellas. Next up is getting the rear to where I want it. Gonna add a spacer and go from there. Gonna start with 5mm and work my way up. Hopefully, the 5mm will be good enough. We'll see.

Quick Reply: My first Porsche