964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014 | 09:05 PM
Craig Lutz
Rennlist Member

Great job Rey! Looks much better. She's still waiting on her non-metallic slate grey paint job. BRZ is nice but for sure not a Porsche. I'm excited to see your new wheels. -4 degrees tonight. I think she is happy in California. Take care.
Old 03-18-2014 | 12:38 AM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Finally got the wheels after much anticipation, but they didn't turn out as I wanted. The color is just too "bling" for my taste. I wanted more of a matte finish, but got brushed gold instead. (I blame it on the miscommunication of texting) I really should have made sure of the color choice before they refinished the wheel. My bad. If I were to redo the faces, it would have cost me more money. And I didn't want to drop any more money into these wheels as I have another set of wheels on the way. So, I decided to mount them on and roll this way until my other set is ready. Something different. All comments, good and bad, are welcome.

Old 03-18-2014 | 12:57 AM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

the wheels are hott! can't decide about the rings
Old 03-18-2014 | 03:46 AM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

I like the wheels.
Maybe a little too bright for my taste.

Nice car.
Old 03-18-2014 | 03:59 AM
fluxdon
Instructor

Sorry but Immediately I thought :Subaru

You are right about the color is off, but I am not sure about the lip being crome as well. Problem is that the crome lip is the only thing crome on the car and therefore it sticks out too much IMO.

Larry from Ammo NYC has matt bronze Cup 1 on his and I think that looks much more subtle.

Anyway, love love love the blue color and I bet it still looks awesome rolling down the street.
Old 03-18-2014 | 05:03 PM
BeachBoy
Racer

I really don't like the gold wheels but I'm in love be with the color. OK let's use jealous instead of love.
Old 03-18-2014 | 05:17 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Rey,

Your car is really coming along now, I like it, bright maybe but it makes a great statement.

Well done,
Paul
Old 03-18-2014 | 10:38 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vagluv
the wheels are hott! can't decide about the rings
Thanks! I'm with you on the rings. Although I like the "old school" feel of them. I'm just thrown off by the color.

Originally Posted by 964russ
I like the wheels.
Maybe a little too bright for my taste.

Nice car.
Thanks. I'm with you on the wheels being too bright. Or bling as I call it. lol

Originally Posted by fluxdon
Sorry but Immediately I thought :Subaru

You are right about the color is off, but I am not sure about the lip being crome as well. Problem is that the crome lip is the only thing crome on the car and therefore it sticks out too much IMO.

Larry from Ammo NYC has matt bronze Cup 1 on his and I think that looks much more subtle.

Anyway, love love love the blue color and I bet it still looks awesome rolling down the street.
You're right. I do see alot of Suburu that are blue with gold wheels. In hindsight, I should have went satin bronze. I think that would have been better. Oh well, you live and learn.

Originally Posted by BeachBoy
I really don't like the gold wheels but I'm in love be with the color. OK let's use jealous instead of love.
Thanks! That makes one of us! lol Appreciate it though!

Originally Posted by Paul284pt
Rey,

Your car is really coming along now, I like it, bright maybe but it makes a great statement.

Well done,
Paul
Thanks Paul. It does make a great statement and is a head turner. Everywhere I drive, people always stare. But I can't tell if it's a "good" stare or a "bad" one. lol.

Anyways, thanks again gents for the feedback. Just waiting on the KWs to arrive from Germany so I can get them installed and sort out the ride height. Stay tuned!
Old 03-18-2014 | 10:59 PM
Mixter
Burning Brakes

Rey, I thought bronze would be better. But now seeing the gold wheels on the car, I really think you made the right choice. I don't think they're to bright. It's a bold contrasting color that really compliments the bold blue color of your car.
Old 03-20-2014 | 09:39 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Default Long Beach Grand Prix

Originally Posted by Mixter
Rey, I thought bronze would be better. But now seeing the gold wheels on the car, I really think you made the right choice. I don't think they're to bright. It's a bold contrasting color that really compliments the bold blue color of your car.
Thank you sir! I do love the blue and gold combination. I think the colors compliment each other well. I actually have an old SE Racing BMX cruiser called an OM Flyer that is candy blue with gold accents. I'll take a pic of it and post later.

In the meantime, I had lunch with a friend in Downtown Long Beach where the city is getting ready for the Grand Prix to come into town next month. My buddy knows his way pretty good and we were able to get on part of the track that was closed off. Perfect opportunity to do a mini photo shoot. lol.

Last edited by Rey Gunn; 03-25-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: pic got deleted
Old 03-20-2014 | 10:49 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Great shots Rey and I like the wheels but the headlight rings, not so much. How about chrome headlight rings to tie in with the polished lips? If not, black to tie in with the window trim and door handles.
Old 03-20-2014 | 11:47 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Are the wheels 17s or 18s? How do you like the continentals?
Old 03-21-2014 | 12:44 AM
Mixter
Burning Brakes

Very nice pics. Your car is definitely turnin heads for the right reasons. Maybe need to add a bike rack for the BMX cruiser.
Old 03-21-2014 | 01:33 AM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LPMM
Great shots Rey and I like the wheels but the headlight rings, not so much. How about chrome headlight rings to tie in with the polished lips? If not, black to tie in with the window trim and door handles.
Yeah. The rings are a love em or hate em deal. I didn't know how I felt about them either. But they are growing on me. I like the idea of chrome or black rings. Maybe I'll try those next. I always like changing things up.

Originally Posted by vagluv
Are the wheels 17s or 18s? How do you like the continentals?
The wheels are 18s. I'm really lovin' the Contis. Esp the 265s out back. Really sticks to the road. Tires ride smooth too!

Originally Posted by Mixter
Very nice pics. Your car is definitely turnin heads for the right reasons. Maybe need to add a bike rack for the BMX cruiser.
Thanks! Believe me. I've been thinking about it. I go to these BMX meets and would love to roll there in the 964 with the cruiser up top! What a sight that would be! lol
Old 03-27-2014 | 01:21 AM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Quick Reply: My first Porsche