Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prices??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 07:54 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

People are paying big money for longhoods right now. The 964 is the last of that air cooled era. 964's have now surpassed 993's in value acceleration. Porsche bent over backwards engineering the 964, and almost went out of business. This is the last handbuilt 911 model out there. The prices are climbing fast, and the value is there. Ridiculously well engineered cars (some would argue over engineered) and the market is waking up to this fact now. Look at the numbers of C2, 5 speed coupes manufactured... it's a relatively small number. I think the next 2-3 years will see these cars values climb rapidly. The Europeans are going crazy for the 964 right now!
Old 10-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with everything christallon just said...
Old 10-14-2013, 02:16 PM
frankvan
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also agree with Christallon and they're getting rarer (ive removed one from the road going population myself)

Location also has alot to do with it - In canada I've noticed prices for Canadian market cars has been increasing, probably as only a couple dozen or so come on the market every year (in Canada). A local used car dealer had a stock black C4 cabrio (stock ride height, d90's and flag mirrors) listed for $36k and it was only on the lot for a few weeks. I've seen private sellers advertising in the mid 20's to low 30's for seemingly plain examples too. For whatever reason, US models imported into Canada are much cheaper.

We could use a "pump and dump" stock trader approach. We all list our cars for ridiculously high prices which signals to investors that they're something special. Some of us actually sell for those prices and make a nifty profit and buy our next project
Old 10-25-2013, 01:29 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

With articles like this being posted on the Internet at least once a week, it's no wonder our cars are so in demand.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/go-yo...ed-porsche-911
Old 10-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Guys,

The C2 Coupes are going to drag the rest of the 964 models up just like the 2.7 RS pulled all the other S's up with them, then the E's and T's. Not so long ago nobody wanted a T and many many were "rodded" take a bow R Gruppe, try buying a long hood T these days.

Air-cooled is a state of mind and let's face it the 964 was the last of the original shape with a brilliant engine and other helpful bits. All of us fans know they've never been cheap to fix which previously kept the prices down but others are beginning to realise that they're well worth spending money on now.

In 2003 you could have bought a nice 1973 2.7RS for £110k, ten years later you need more than double. To put that into perspective for the rest of us I could have bought my own car for £8995.00 five years ago, two years later I eventually paid £16,000 for it after I dithered, I know, I know! Boy am I glad I did. I suddenly felt very lucky to get an original 70k mile C2 manual Coupe in black. The point is, the seller didn't have to wait 10 years to double his money.

If you have cash in the bank you won't get much interest for it, buy a 964 have some fun and watch this space.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 10-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Captain Ahab Jr.
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm helping the price rise by chopping up my 72k mile nearly original 1990 C2 coupe

Quick Reply: Prices??