Greens wires and alarm/radion

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 03:15 AM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Greens wires and alarm/radion

Dear all,
I have read every thread possible here and on pelican, Adrians book and more. But I cant get to the bottom of how the alarm and the green wires. According to the wiring diagrams from the start one Nr 1. (the female connector coming from the sam direction as the antenna) goes inte to the frame on the original frame (a switch somehow) the other one Nr 2 . (comes together with all the other wires to the radio) goes into a socket which is put in the radio, not sure what the socket on the org. Radio get the wire, what it does and when it gets power, or if it gets power or if it is constant. Now, as soon as You remove the org.radio You should isolote Nr 1. good and keep it from ground connection and You are all good. Nr 2?? Hard to get a conclusion on what to to with. Some say isolate and leave it, other sources point to it should go into the cd player. Not even OPC:s can answer the right way to do ot. My alarm flickers twice as fast as normal after tearing the stereo out of its place so def. the source to this.

I am just in the middle of closing a interiour project which ends with cleaning out old cabels. I have an Alpine installed without amplier just a stand alone unit with 4 connected speakers.
The alpine unit just takes the normal wires in as many before has written about here but, can anyone point me in the right direction how to handle the green wires properly wihout having the immobilzer cutting of the Realy 41 and then no fuel...
Old 04-26-2013, 07:37 AM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok no input. However i tried the trick isolationg both the green wires and not using them. 3 days and all good, the immobilizer does not go on.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:18 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 259 Posts

The wire bundled with the antenna wire (most often a white thin wire) is the power feed line to the antenna amplifier. This must be fed with +12V when the head unit is on to get any reliable reception.

As far as I know is the wire from the alarm connected to the head unit ground(case). As soon as it's disconnected the alarm will go off. But, I haven't been digging deep into this, and your trick seem to fix the problem.

Cheers,
Tore

Quick Reply: Greens wires and alarm/radion