Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted: "964 meets civilization" stories

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 02:47 AM
jinos
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Cruising in my 964 and couple guys roll up singin "bad boys". Pretty cool..
Old 03-06-2013, 03:41 AM
davidwilson11
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeh I've had a coupl elf experiences, first was when the car had been polished and looked stunning. I came out of work at the end of the day and noticed something on the screen. A nice gentleman had written " fantastic car, looks awesome, would you consider selling it or if you are not selling would you give me first refusal when you are selling it"

Second one was not so nice, I was at the lights and a group of lads pulled up in a small hot hatch shouting (let's say nasty things) at me, waving hands and I just looked at them window down and said nice car gents and pulled away. Clearly leaving them with fists in the air.

Had a gentleman stop me at the traffic lights near work, he said I've been admiring the car every morning and had to speak to you. I love the car, I love Porsches. I used to have a 964 and miss it. Wish you health to drive it.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Turbo Jonny
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Queueing in traffic in my black targa with the top off and a couple of young black guys picking litter head over. " man that is beautiful " one says . " So cool " the other says. Beaming smiles .unexpected and genuine , made my day.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 PM
CBR786
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dropped my boy off to school one morning. A group of children crowded round the car and one shouted "wow nice car what is it ? The other perked up and told him its a Porsche, I told them it is 20 years old they said "wow look at the paint its so shiny looks new" My little boy was all smiles that day.

I think he is coming round to liking the classics compared to the modern p cars
Old 03-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Jacke2c
Formerly turbotwoshoes
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Yeah, school days

I would pick my daughter up from school about once per week for about two years when she was a sophomore and junior in high school. She just finished her Ph.D. in Molecular Biology last Summer and will turn 30 in April. She commented the other day, daddy, you just don't know how it made my day when you picked me up from school in your porsche. It made school easy...

go figure.

Of course in Louisiana the stop to get a snow cone on the way home didn't hurt either!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 PM
f3nr15
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loving this thread! If the posts had "LIKE" buttons, I'm sure there'd be many!

I was waiting at some traffic lights recently and two young blokes pulled up beside me in a brand new black Toyota 86, giving me the thumbs up.

When the lights went green, they took off slowly and respectfully, clearly not looking for a traffic light Grand Prix.

Good stuff!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Oracle
Pro

At a light a guy on his motorcycle offered his bike+girlfriend for the car.
I asked her (sitting in the back) are you Ok with that and she said yes! I just said thanks but I keep the car and left the scene...
Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Invictus
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-07-2013, 11:01 PM
911therapy1
Advanced

Driving home and passed a couple kids with backpacks walking on sidewalk. One dropped backpack and ran along trying to keep up. Yelled, "cool car dude!!".. He was probably 10 and reminded me of being 10 and my Porsche posters om my wall.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:29 PM
tcnicholas 964
Advanced

I recently had an Amish crew do some hail repair work on my house. I had to open the garage door for something and the foreman noticed the RSA and commented on the nice looking car. He then asked "How fast does it go? I said something like 160. His response was "Why would you need or want to do that?

I am always asked "I bet you get a lot of tickets with that"

When I was in my early 20's, I had a 71 911s (wish I still had that car, but that is another story). I pulled up to a local club and a group of guys walked past and commented "I Like your Daddy's car". That really aggravated me as they had no clue to the extent of the restoration I personally performed on that car. I worked in a restoration shop at that time and I earned every right to be owning a car like that.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:55 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great stories... Coming from a 993 RUF Turbo R, I didn't expect to get noticed much with my 964.

However, I get thumbs up, "nice car," and a couple nights ago, a really old Asian lady in a parking lot walked over pointed to my car and gave me two very enthusiastic thumbs up! It was great.

Actually, my 964 has gotten more compliments than my first 993 NA Coupe. I've had a few Porsches and only my RUF started more conversations.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:27 AM
hamah
Pro

Originally Posted by Oracle
At a light a guy on his motorcycle offered his bike+girlfriend for the car.
I asked her (sitting in the back) are you Ok with that and she said yes! I just said thanks but I keep the car and left the scene...
ahhh Calgary girls Makes me think of the Red Mile...you lucky so-'n-so
Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Ghengis
Instructor

Two memorable moments spring to mind.

Leaving work one day with my work mates walking towards the car the new girl on my team spotted the car and said "what a cute, cool little car, I wonder who's it is?". One of the others just looked at me and smiled. The young lady was most surprised when I jumped in. She wouldn't believe the car was two years older than her.

The funniest moment was when I attended my works fire response course at the fire station training ground at my local airport. As you can imagine security is tight and therefore the car has to be searched before entering the site. "Sir, will you open the boot (trunk) please?" I went to open the front and the polite but slightly arrogant security guards corrected my action by reinforcing their request by pointing to the rear of the car. I obliged and was met with a confused look and the reply "oh, right". I couldn't help but smile. Clearly not car people then!

I hope to have better stories from the years to come

Thomas
Old 03-09-2013, 05:48 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The miss & me were walking down the street with our friends another couple after a dinner in town.

My then new friend spotted my Porsche, without knowing it was mine he turned to us and said to his girlfriend "come on babe let's go!" whist motioning for the door.

We all laughed and walked them to a cab. After which we walked back to the car.

He later found it was my car... when I was stopped at a traffic light in it.

I once had someone come over just I was getting out of the car and point blank say that's an arseholes car. I replied with a big smile "I guess it suits me just fine then"

Quick Reply: Wanted: "964 meets civilization" stories