HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Great news - looking forward to a vid
Old 01-26-2014, 09:29 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Close escape there Jack! Hope the remainder of your time with Smokey is a lot less trouble free! Don't forget to post more pics when she's home and cleaned up

Chris
Old 01-27-2014, 04:39 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cup1's fitted on sat.. They duly put a chip in the newly refurbed rims..even though I had warned them. ****ing useless.
Car drives SO much better on these AD08s..and noise is no worse. Also for me rear blower delete has made absolutely no difference to heat..

Old 01-27-2014, 04:40 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Front rides a little high so will need to sort that out..
Old 01-27-2014, 04:46 AM
g60pops
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How was the fit of the rear blower delete pipe Jack?
Old 01-27-2014, 06:00 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good tyres huh?! Looking stellar
Old 01-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Jcx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ride height looks great jack! Wheels are perfect with that blue too! Are they 7.5J and 9J wheels? Originals? I can't tell... :-)
Old 01-27-2014, 12:58 PM
964TOK
Racer

Looks good Jack.

Maybe go back to the orange front indicators like in your avatar?
Old 01-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good Jack! It's looking a bit sad though - time to fix the frown on it's face!!

For the indicators I think you need to decide to either go with clear side repeaters, or keep those and change the indicators themselves back to orange. If it was me, I'd change the repeaters to keep the number of different colours down (ie, silver, black and blue only).

Are you planning to fit a carbon engine cover too at some point?
Old 02-04-2014, 05:46 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jcx
Ride height looks great jack! Wheels are perfect with that blue too! Are they 7.5J and 9J wheels? Originals? I can't tell... :-)
Thanks.. they are originals though now powder coated..

Originally Posted by 964TOK
Looks good Jack.
I know you're a purist but I don't like the orange indicators with the Blue of my car, they stand out too much! the side repeaters will be deleted too when i get a respray..

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
Looking good Jack! It's looking a bit sad though - time to fix the frown on it's face!!

For the indicators I think you need to decide to either go with clear side repeaters, or keep those and change the indicators themselves back to orange. If it was me, I'd change the repeaters to keep the number of different colours down (ie, silver, black and blue only).

As above on the repeaters.. I agree. Not going to bother on engine cover for now.. the blower pipe is fibreglass not carbon too..

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
Great! Thanks for the advice..!!

Originally Posted by g60pops
Nick said the fit was better than he is used to with the carbon ones..

Tried to lower the car more at the front and ran out of adjustment on the collar.. it is as low as it will go. So will raise the rear a little hoping that will make the front a bit more precise.. is the only way to get round this to change to other shocks? getting the Bilseins rethereaded seems like too much of a faff but I was hoping it would sit a little lower.
My other option, that i might well have to take is to put the Spare wheel back in.. the 13Kgs should also help make the car more front endy.. with the new tires being so grippy the balance has shifted to slight understeer again.. not much but hoping the tweaks to height and spare in front will sort it..
Old 02-04-2014, 05:49 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jcx
Thanks.. they are originals though now powder coated..

Originally Posted by 964TOK
Looks good Jack.
I know you're a purist but I don't like the orange indicators with the Blue of my car, they stand out too much! the side repeaters will be deleted too when i get a respray..

Originally Posted by Andy Roe

As above on the repeaters.. I agree. Not going to bother on engine cover for now.. the blower pipe is fibreglass not carbon too..

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
Great! Thanks for the advice..!!

Originally Posted by g60pops
Nick said the fit was better than he is used to with the carbon ones..

Tried to lower the car more at the front and ran out of adjustment on the collar.. it is as low as it will go. So will raise the rear a little hoping that will make the front a bit more precise.. is the only way to get round this to change to other shocks? getting the Bilseins rethereaded seems like too much of a faff but I was hoping it would sit a little lower.
My other option, that i might well have to take is to put the Spare wheel back in.. the 13Kgs should also help make the car more front endy.. with the new tires being so grippy the balance has shifted to slight understeer again.. not much but hoping the tweaks to height and spare in front will sort it..

and some more pics..

Old 02-04-2014, 06:30 AM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Re the understeer, you could try disconnecting one end of the front ARB, it's quick and easy to just see how you like it. What are your alignment settings?
Old 02-04-2014, 06:39 AM
jevvy964
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jack.pe
Front camber and castor will have more effect on understeer than ride height will. Correct rake on a 911 in important so get that right then adjust relative camber front to rear to get the desired understeer/oversteer.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Jack,
The car's looking great. The bonnet-fit looks spot on and the wheels have come out nicely. I still prefer the two tone black and silver, though

Jamie
Old 02-16-2014, 05:23 PM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Fitted the Recaros.. more of a pain than I expected with having to drill extra holes in the Recaro runners. Using Southbound side mounts. Sadly forgot to get pics.. but seats very comfortable and supportive but at the same time making car feel much, much stiffer riding.. which makes it less comfortable at the same time in terms of ride. Also quick update on the Alfa...

Been away for a while and busy but here is a quick update and some more pics. Car is solid underneath but the boot skin, floors and rear inner arch skins will all need replacing at some point, all have been repeatedly, badly patched and the boot floor even has a riveted repair.. at the same time the sills should be done. Car drives really well, absolutely love it! It makes my Porsche 964 feel rather numb by comparison. I never thought I would say that. Have moved the battery to the boot from behind the seat, it was surprisingly hard to find a battery lead long enough to run the length of the car! I now need to reinforce the boot floor where the battery will sit and then make up a battery tray. I don't want to take the fuel tank out so that removes the option of welding in new metal so I am going to rivet in another patch. This will also be easy to take out when I redo the whole floor. Other priorities are patching up the roof a little to keep it going, it is very tatty with lots of holes but better than nothing for now. I've repaired the MGB seats as best as possible and replaced the diaphragms so they are much better, will just have to recolor the white bits showing the repairs. Also still to do:

-Fit the rear axle retaining straps

-Patch passenger and driver floor

-Find a proper air filter.. anyone know what should go here? this was made up by PO but leaks air. Would like something that looks similar

-Check timing and valve clearances

-Fix fuel gauge

-Adjust doors - Don't shut properly

-Try to improve paint.. with polish and by redoing some of the worse patches

-Get wheels painted

-Waxoil and underseal as much as possible to slow down any corrosion

USE THE CAR!!

Interior

Engine

Boot

Driver floor

Quick Reply: Blue C4 - Evolution