964 value? Need help / feedback please

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
Nah...if you love it, buy it.

I bought one just that pristine, even rarer (a RSA)...oh, jeez, what have I done?
I agree, I would have no problem paying a premium for a low millage car I intend to drive a lot.

That being said I never have time to drive my car:-(
Old 02-11-2013, 08:57 PM
f3nr15
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KaiB
Nah...if you love it, buy it.
I concur.

Mine's a garage queen with similar mileage to the one the OP is looking at.

I paid top dollar here in Australia, which is almost double the price of the one you're looking at - the market here in Australia is much smaller, however, and many cars are neglected. I could have bought an average 993, or an early Cayman instead, and I looked at both of those as alternatives.

Mine's not perfect, but it's very good. It took me close to 3 years to find one in this good condition, and the PPI was reassuring. It was exactly what I was hoping for, and I'm very happy. No regrets.

On a sunny day, I'll open up the sunroof, turn the cassette deck on loud enough to just hear a tune over the angry flat-6, and take it for a blast over the long and steep "dinosaur" bridge here just outside of town. It's a mechanical/analogue beastie in a digital world, but so perfectly comfortable that you could use it everyday. I couldn't say that about my '76 911, as fond as I am of it. The visual/auditory/tactile/olefactory experience as a balance of old world charm/rawness and modern comfort is unmatched.

I wouldn't swap it for a 993 or any later car, and can't think of a reasonable price point that would make me want to sell it.

It might not make financial sense to overpay for a car, but if you find a good one, you might still be driving it in 20 years. Buying an average one instead might mean you're looking to move on sooner.

YMMV.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:58 PM
tv90C4
Track Day

It's too expensive. Last October I paid under $25K for a two owner '90 C4 with less than 32K miles
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default price

i think this price is not realistic, but c2 coupes are getting harder to find . a lot of these cars went overseas. but to be honest that price is close to a RS A car . he thinks by giving you the first chance you might panic. when he lists the car he will find out fast that his price is high.

also for that price it better have brand new porsche approved tires, fresh tune up, all fluids flushed, new battery ect for that premuim and a full detail, with A HOT BLONDE FEEDING YOU GRAPES AS YOU DRIVE. BE PATIENCE MY FRIEND.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Nice C2 coupes are getting pretty damn hard to find, I am not seeing any nice ones on the mid 20's or I would have bought one by now. I think price is high low 30's not unreasonable. You're writing the check you need to decide what car is worth to you. If and when these become collectable the lo miles cars will become very sought after and be priced accordingly, just look what has happened to the 911 turbo markket in the last 5 years. If I was after a driver's car I would not pay the premium for lo miles car either.
Phil
Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 AM
jellonailer
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought a really nice almost original driver for $21k.

It now has RSA tail, Cup spoiler, Fabspeed exhaust, and soon to have GT3 Euro seats and cage.

Great car. Changing suspension next and I'm done.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:57 AM
Omega Man
Track Day

Thanks to everyone for the replies. It is something thati will be thinking about. I do still love the looks of the 964. It has just enough modern tech to make it truly liveable.

My search will continue to find "the" 911 for me.

I appreciate all of the feedback.

Quick Reply: 964 value? Need help / feedback please