Sponsored by:

hi, new member!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:11 AM
porsche mania
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hi, new member!

Just thought id say hi. Been lurking in the background for a while and thought that now my project is in full swing I ought to share. Rennlist has been invaluable so far so thanks to everyone whos helped, not that you even knew!
Im in the process of building another rs clone, I know! Got to be done though. Ive gone pretty full on with this so far,
Full lw interiour
Pole positions
Manual windows
Hiego half cage
Cup shocks
Rs springs
Rs roll bars
Rs bottom arms
Rs engine mounts
Cup wheels
996 turbo front brake conversion, rear is in the pipeline but currently have old fronts on the back
Fully adjustable top mounts
All this is going on a 90 c2 coupe with a factory ltd slip diff which is a n ex singapore car with two owners and amazingly for such an old car is so far rust for bodge free!
The engine is where it gets a bit more exciting
Cup cams
Heads rebuilt with new guides and valves with five and three angle seats. Also some light porting of the intakes, just blending the seats in really.
Gas flowed and boat tailed cases
Rods matched and stress relieved
Piston weights matched
Rockers shot peened
Ti retainers and hi rev spring kit fitted
Crank, flywheel and pulley balanced
Rs clutch and flywheel
All new cam chains, guides and pulleys, arp studs etc
While this is going on at my local porsche indy the boss decided to make a set of roller bodies for the car which will be run by a webber engine management system which means the dizzies can go along with the airbox and all the air con stuff so should be nice and tidy in there. All cases are being vapour blasted as we speak, the heads and barrels are done and look cleaner than new so this should all build up really tidy looking.
Dont think ive forgotten anything, when ive worked out how to upload pics ill get cracking. Especially with all the engine assembly!
Hope you all enjoy this as much as ive enjoyed reading about your cars!
Manythanks, jim.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist! Sounds like a terrific project. Do you have any photos? And keep us posted as your project progresses.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spy another great UK build!

Looking forward to pics

Who's doing your work?

Chris
Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 AM
porsche mania
Pro

You will have to bear with me a little as im a bit of a techno phobe, can I put pictures strajght up from my phone? Most of the work inc the roller bodies is being done by phillip wooley at 911 sport in lincolnshire, the balancing and other internal work has been done by nick at redtek.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:37 AM
mf_rsr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

996 turbo brake conversion...wow! Any more info on this? Sounds like an amazing project - looking forward to meeting you at an east midlans meet or at Spa - its not too late...
Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 AM
porsche mania
Pro

Ah the brake conversion, that was one of the easy bits to do. I had nigel at powermarques make up some brackets and skim a little off the calipers and they bolted straight on with 965 (I think) turbo disks. As for the rears nigel is on it at the moment, its the handbrake that is holding things up I think. Spa would be nice but I think ill be pushing my luck with that one, definitely up for all the meets during the summer also planning a lot of track days!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche mania
Ah the brake conversion, that was one of the easy bits to do. I had nigel at powermarques make up some brackets and skim a little off the calipers and they bolted straight on with 965 (I think) turbo disks. As for the rears nigel is on it at the moment, its the handbrake that is holding things up I think. Spa would be nice but I think ill be pushing my luck with that one, definitely up for all the meets during the summer also planning a lot of track days!
Keep an eye on the UK track day thread. In fact, I'll soon be announcing details of the annual summer Porsche day at Donington. Last year we had 13 x 964s. Looks like this year there we'll be able to make that at least 14.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:10 AM
cptnzero
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds a great project, look forward to reading more and can't wait to see the car.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Welcome!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:52 PM
porsche mania
Pro

Can someone help with how to upload pics, ive got some into a couple of albums but cant seem to copy and paste the bb code so I can include them in a post?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Can someone help with how to upload pics, ive got some into a couple of albums but cant seem to copy and paste the bb code so I can include them in a post?
If you have them on a hosting site you can copy the 'direct link' url i.e. the http... one. Then paste it into your post and put [IMG] at the front and [/IMG] at the rear

Alternatively you might already see an 'IMG link' by your album pic. Then just copy and paste that into your post.

Also as a Rennlist member you'll see below the post writing box 'manage attachments' button...you can use that to upload photos directly.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 PM
porsche mania
Pro

Thanks for that, is there no way of uploading straight from the albums on my profile page?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:39 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Welcome jim that sounds like a fantastic machine in the making...looking forward to the pics
Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 PM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Welcome! Sounds amazing! Look forward to seeing the car
Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Powermarques are still going then?

Website went down about 8 months ago and there was a lot of talk on PH aabout being unable to get a response from them

Car sounds great BTW

Quick Reply: hi, new member!