Sponsored by:

Cabrio seat pivot help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 PM
pi5tolpete
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cabrio seat pivot help

I have received some seats (thanks eBay Nessy). And am needing some help to make a center pivot for the seats. Can someone with a 964 cab take a few pictures of the hinge points of the back seats. I need some details of the center pivot including the lock position holes. BTW, the seats I got are the lower pin locking type

Peter
Old 12-05-2012, 08:25 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

This is from a 91 cab
Attached Images   
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 AM
pi5tolpete
Pro

Perfect pictures, thanks. Could I ask that you take the width measurement of the pivot? It looks to be maybe 7/8" wide. This will set my seat spacing.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
pi5tolpete
Pro

I'm attempting to located the outer pivot points for the seats, behind the carpeting in the back area. These threaded points are more difficult to locate than the seat belt hardpoints. Can anyone provide me with some measurements so that I can locate where to start to cut through the carpeting. I have a 1991 cab, and came factory with the parcel shelf / rear seat delete option, so they carpeted over the hard mounts.
Peter
Old 12-07-2012, 06:03 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Is this what you are looking for?
The piece the locks go into between the seats is about 3/4". It hard to measure as it is rounded at the top and
the battery is dead in my digital micrometer
Attached Images  

Last edited by jimq; 12-08-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:47 PM
pi5tolpete
Pro

perfect. Thanks for using a reference point like the seatbelt anchor so I can measure. I bought a bracket from my local dealer. It isn't the same as yours. Mine is more square and not rounded. Bit it fits!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:59 PM
pi5tolpete
Pro

Default dry fit of rear seats and wondering if I have the right center bracket.

So I dry fit the seats with the bracket I ordered in from the dealer. The backet must be for a later model as it is square, it causes the seats to lean too far forward, and it looks to be a pain in that I'd need to pull the pin any time I love the seats (with the bracket I think I SHOULD have, the pin would ride on the side of the bracket until it engages in the open locking hole).
I am posting a picture of the backet and the dry fit. Oh also, I took the 6" measurement from the seat belt mount and found a lump. I cut, dug, and found a plug. I removed the rubber plug and..... a big hole. No mounding hardpoint for the screw to tie into. Oh well. PErhaps the mig welder will be of use after all.

After this long-winded reply, can I ask jimq to take a photo of the seats in the upright and down position. I'd like to know what I'm expecting it to look like. Particularly, do the seats rest against the back (likely not). The cab top must need room to fold in behind them. Do the seats lay parallel to the back in the upright position? In the down position, what are the seats resting on? It appears that they rest only on the center hump and not on the outside. Guess you don't want to load up the seats with heavy stuff in the down position.

Last edited by pi5tolpete; 04-15-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

They rest on the center hump and the top of the seat belt
Attached Images   

Last edited by jimq; 12-12-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 PM
pi5tolpete
Pro

Jim,

Are you showing me the distance to the back wall, or am I seeing that your cab roof is down and this is the distance to it?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:35 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pi5tolpete
Jim,

Are you showing me the distance to the back wall, or am I seeing that your cab roof is down and this is the distance to it?
the back wall. My seats have about 3/4 inch play at the top in other words you can rock then back and forth a bit. I tuck the top cover down behind the seats when its on.

Quick Reply: Cabrio seat pivot help